Continuity kills KOTOR

I thought Obsidian handled the consequences of both Kotor 1 endings nicely.

If you're willing to accept that nothing you did actually made a difference, yes. I found the DS version especially strained at times, like Korriban for example. They managed it because they didn't handle the consequences of KotOR1. They just skillfully ignored them. It wasn't a bad job, it's just that it's the wrong job for the situation, and they painted themselves into a corner.

I'm confused... doesn't it have an effect on the storyline when a bad Revan burns the galaxy with his massive fleet and a good Revan builds a lot of petting zoos? I mean, after only five years and with many of the old crew still hanging around, it would be strange to find no trace of the rather extreme endings of Kotor 1 - unless one made them completely irrelevant. And I don't know how that is to be considered satisfying.

So people would rather have inconsequential endless continuity than one good and final ending? Because they "want to know what happens to their characters"?

That's weird. A story is finished when it is finished. Take Highlander (as an example how a decent story can be ruined by a sequel). Take Apocalypse Now. Nobody cares what Willard does after he returns from Kurtz's compound. "See Lawrence of Arabia: The Indian adventures this Saturday on Fox". Sometimes, the more you get, the less you have. There are types of stories that are designed for a long run of add-ons, and some of them are great. But (and I repeat myself here) open-ended ones can not belong to that category without breaking down in the long run (much, much sooner in most cases).

I don't want to know what Luke Skywalker does after RotJ. Because they couldn't find a better place to finish his story (yeah, yeah, I know, he's surrounded by Ewoks, but you get the idea). To proof my point: Somebody on this Forum mentioned that Han Solo becomes a Force Sensitive after the films. How lame is that?

Even if the creators do a good job (!) of dealing with the impossible task of providing successive continuity to a free-choice-ending, as Obsidian did(!) imagine what would happen if that tradition would continue. With every new sequel you would be told: Oh, by the way: Your actions made no difference whatsoever. Wow. That's satisfying closure. 

Has TSL more than one ending, by the way? Played only LS myself. I could imagine that Obsidian would evade one of the traps that Kotor 1's multiple endings had posed by simply fixing the outcome in Kotor II while making it as indefinite as possible at the same time. However, I think I need not point out how dissatisfying such an approach is!

Case closed, for now.  :)

Now, now, be fair. There was a 'good and final' ending to Revan's story, it's just that TSL rewrote it, expanded on it by deciding that there was more to Revan's fall than mere lust for power. Even then, the fundamental results of the final choice - Light Side Revan or Dark Side Revan - remained.

And the only real problem is the Dark Side ending (at least, so I believe) and that's really because it's a pretty craptastic ending in itself. Where's the equilibrium, man? All you do is swap Malak for Revan - the war still continues, the Star Forge still remains, the chaos and uncertainty is still moping around, messing everything up. I don't know - maybe it was supposed to mean you actually take over the entire galaxy by killing Dodonna, but that's just implausible and too much for a tiny little cutscene.

'Cause, like, Light Side is easy. Revan saves the day, but afterwards realises that there's a bigger threat out there, and goes off to stop it. There's no incongruity because the only thing left hanging is the main plot thread. With a Darksider, however, Revan forgets he's currently in the middle of annihilating the Republic, abandons the Star Forge and disappears into the middle distance. It jars because the ending bites, not necessarily because Revan has become a dead horse all of a sudden.

There's still blood in that stone, damnit. But I guess I don't see the open-endings the way you do, Mr. Rollseyes. Perhaps, maybe, I don't know, I see the choice as a personal, do-I-take-advantage-of-second-chance-or-slip-back-into-Sith-Lord decision that merely has the consequences of saving the Republic or resurrecting Darth Revan. I don't see it as deciding to either destroy the Forge or lead the Sith and never, ever, ever being able to do anything but that for the next five years, not even when something more important comes up. Ever. At all. Ever.

Anyway, I'd rather not have Revan's story continued on forever, nor the Exile's. However, once the story has begun, it really ought to end, and KOTOR 3 is the answer. 'Twould be bad form to cut this overrarching 'True Sith' plotline two-thirds of the way through, see. Indeed, it's bad enough that TSL's ending is sub-par, no need to screw the entire pooch, damnit.

I can understand the point (my own example would be Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Invisible War, which attempted to combine all three endings to the original and failed miserably, although it was a terrible game regardless) but don't agree that it necessarily applies to KOTOR (beyond the obvious fact that KOTOR was designed as a one-shot, not the first in a trilogy).

And the only real problem is the Dark Side ending (at least, so I believe) and that's really because it's a pretty craptastic ending in itself. Where's the equilibrium, man? All you do is swap Malak for Revan - the war still continues, the Star Forge still remains, the chaos and uncertainty is still moping around, messing everything up. I don't know - maybe it was supposed to mean you actually take over the entire galaxy by killing Dodonna, but that's just implausible and too much for a tiny little cutscene.

No, its a good ending for KotOR since it shows Revan retaking his title as The Dark Lord of the Sith.

KotOR is self contained, BioWare did not had a problem with doing that since they knew that even if KotOR was made part of continuity it would go with LS ending.

The real problem was OE decision of reworking Revan into some kind of "dark hero" for no reason, one of the things I feel about TSL it takes itself too serious and tries to add needless complexity.

drakron.png

I'm confused... doesn't it have an effect on the storyline when a bad Revan burns the galaxy with his massive fleet and a good Revan builds a lot of petting zoos? I mean, after only five years and with many of the old crew still hanging around, it would be strange to find no trace of the rather extreme endings of Kotor 1 - unless one made them completely irrelevant. And I don't know how that is to be considered satisfying.

So people would rather have inconsequential endless continuity than one good and final ending? Because they "want to know what happens to their characters"?

That's weird. A story is finished when it is finished. Take Highlander (as an example how a decent story can be ruined by a sequel). Take Apocalypse Now. Nobody cares what Willard does after he returns from Kurtz's compound. "See Lawrence of Arabia: The Indian adventures this Saturday on Fox". Sometimes, the more you get, the less you have. There are types of stories that are designed for a long run of add-ons, and some of them are great. But (and I repeat myself here) open-ended ones can not belong to that category without breaking down in the long run (much, much sooner in most cases).

I don't want to know what Luke Skywalker does after RotJ. Because they couldn't find a better place to finish his story (yeah, yeah, I know, he's surrounded by Ewoks, but you get the idea). To proof my point: Somebody on this Forum mentioned that Han Solo becomes a Force Sensitive after the films. How lame is that?

You say that a story should simply end where it has ended, finish when it has finished. I agree. I don't want another installment in this series simply to see Revan return "home" or return to Bastila/Carth. I don't desire a third game because I desperately hope for a happy ending for Revan. I desire a third game because Revan's tale -- his conflict -- hasn't been resolved. It was constantly said throughout this game that Revan disappeared to confront a "greater evil" threatening the galaxy from beyond the Outer Rim. Has he succeeded? Has he failed? What exactly was this "greater evil" that he saw? In one of the endings, the Exile even chose to follow Revan in an effort to help him fight it. What has happened to the Exile in that case? (For the record, I don't have any preference at this point for whether I feel Revan's tale should end happily or bittersweet or whatever. I would only hope that the ending be satisfying -- i.e. not just abrupt and inconclusive -- and keeps in line with the themes and ideas of the series and the individual game itself.)

So, let's try another example. Ending Revan's tale now with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords would be more like ending Luke Skywalker's tale in the films with Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. It's a good reasonable comparison, I think. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was akin to Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope in that it could function on its own as a relatively self-contained story. However, when the second installment in both series were brought into the mixture, the storylines became more complicated, pretty much leading directly into another sequel. You can't keep arguing that Revan's tale has now been fully and satisfyingly resolved when Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords was pretty clearly leading into something more. (This isn't even a criticism of the game on my part. I love complexity in the stories of video games, and I thought the plot developments in this game and the way it continued Revan's tale was fascinating.)

When you insist that Revan's tale has been fully resolved at this point, are you just ignoring this game or considering only the first one, or what?

Also, like someone else said, I'm not trying to insist that I think Revan's tale should continue on for FIVETHOUSANDEIGHTHUNDREDFOURTYTWO more games. However, in my opinion, it does still need to be resolved. I would ultimately prefer that it be resolved in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III to bring the series to trilogy status in good ol' Star Wars tradition. At that point, I wouldn't mind if the series were to move onto something new. I just would hope for some resolution to the current storyline first.

Even if the creators do a good job (!) of dealing with the impossible task of providing successive continuity to a free-choice-ending, as Obsidian did(!) imagine what would happen if that tradition would continue. With every new sequel you would be told: Oh, by the way: Your actions made no difference whatsoever. Wow. That's satisfying closure. 

Well, I suppose I'm in the minority here, but, first and foremost, I'm into these games for the sake of experiencing an immersive storyline. (I also seem to be in what seems to be a minority in that I'm attached to both casts of character now -- Revan's and the Exile's -- and don't simply value only Revan's.) Not just so that I can make choices, and completely affect and change the main storyline based on every single one of my actions. The fact that I can determine the basic ending of the current story and that I can determine the personality of the main character is more the style through which the story is presented, as I see it, not the central focus itself. Don't get me wrong, I love that style and how each experience can be made personal to you. But I wouldn't base the idea of "satisfying closure" within the storyline entirely around whether or not "my actions" had complete say in its resolution.

I loved the complexity that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords brought, not only to the overall storyline, but also to Revan's character specifically. It actually made Revan even more interesting to me. Hell, I thought the game handled working both endings from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic into the plot individually quite well. In the context of the sequel, they made both of the original's ending lead into the same plot point (Revan disappearing from the galaxy to confront a "greater evil"), true, but it managed to keep everything clean and in order without being inconsistent or incoherent. They even made the original's Dark Side ending work well in leading into that plot point, I thought, particularly when you also examine Kreia's dialogue regarding Revan's first "fall" to the Dark Side of the Force. I don't care that they expanded on Revan's implied fate in such a way that they didn't leave him to simply use the Star Forge to conquer the Galactic Republic. It, in my opinion, made him appear more dynamic than "the Sith Lord that either redeemed himself and saved the Galactic Republic or chose to rejoin the Sith and conquer the galaxy again". If I had to choose between having "my actions" be the complete be-all and end-all in determining the storyline or having the storyline evolve on its own (while remaining consistent) for the sake of expansion and development, I would probably choose the latter.

Now, keep in mind, I'm not criticizing the first game here. I loved both games. While I felt that that complexity worked quite well for the sequel and for the sake of expanding the storyline, I also felt that (comparitive) simplicity worked quite well for the original. To an extent, the original carried a particular sort of charm to it in that regard that the sequel lacked.

Besides, the endings in the first game can't really classify as "your actions", can they? They were "your actions" as Revan in a pretty close way as to how Revan leaving the galaxy to confront the "True" Sith Empire was. You couldn't determine the specific events of either ending. You couldn't, for example, refuse to accept the medal that Master Vandar awarded to you in the Light Side ending, or work toward conquering the galaxy through manipulative means instead of using brute force and the Star Forge. What you determined was really just the basic concept behind the endings: either you made Revan "redeem himself to the Light Side of the Force" or you made Revan "fall again to the Dark Side of the Force". What about the gamers who might not've liked the fact that Revan apparently chose to use the Star Forge again? What about the gamers who kept Revan's alignment at Neutral and weren't even awarded a specific ending for it at all? The same goes for the Exile and the choices he apparently made during his endings.

Has TSL more than one ending, by the way? Played only LS myself. I could imagine that Obsidian would evade one of the traps that Kotor 1's multiple endings had posed by simply fixing the outcome in Kotor II while making it as indefinite as possible at the same time. However, I think I need not point out how dissatisfying such an approach is!

Case closed, for now. :rolleyes:

Yes, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords had two endings, just like the original: Light Side and Dark Side.

I would like to second (and third, etc) the opinions that the third would have to resolve the storylines of Revan (and hopefully the Exile). I haven't given any thought to the complexities of the storyline however, but I do think it should provide a form of of external 'browser' that imports some save game data from the previous titles (or makes generalised assumptions... as distateful as that may sound) to weave the tale for the third.

I don't really think that in the third game, NPC's of Revan or the Exile (or even PC's) are actually warranted. What is needed is closure of some sort yes, and while it would be benefical to have them in the 'flesh' as it were, it isn't really needed. Perhaps a datapad or something that leads onto their fate. This is admittedly a very ugly solution, but I think it still manages to create closure (whatever that may entail).

Furthermore, I don't think actually allowing the third game to follow their footsteps per say is a good thing either, for the simple fact that if you do meet and fight 'the true sith' you would destroy episodes 1-6 ("Hi, I work for the republic!" "What republic? They were destroyed by those alien overlords about 4000 years ago. I think you should of stayed under your rock"). Afterall, it has been said, repeatedly I do believe, that True Sith are a lot more adept with the dark side than mere mortals. In that regard, I think it's next to impossible to have a 'happy ending' with Revan returning to Bastilla (OMG... she is so 'hot') or Carth, or the Exile returning to Visas/Handmaiden (I prefered Mira, although I don't think that option exists).

I know that KOTOR doesn't stand for 'Knitting ... Tales Of Revan,' but I think the majority of the success of the second one is because it dealt in no small part to Revan. After-all the 'pimping' of Revan in the first one (the greatest military strategist'), and that revelation, it would be criminal of Obsidian to ignore it I think. Like it or not, Revan is a central character to the tale of Knights of the Old Republic. It would be like removing Luke Skywalker after New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, and replacing it with Rex - The Uber Mastiff or something. It would of absolutely destroy the movies' success, and I think if Obsidian (or someone else, anybody else) did it to KOTOR then it would be the same mistake. Personally, I have become more attracted to the characters of Revan and the Exile (and to their supporting cast... except T3), and to re-iterate, I think it would be poor form and would loose a significant portion of potential customers if they did remove them.

Yes, any story they develop to continue the story is going to be fraut with massive difficulties, and I don't really have a solution to it (I really don't envy the poor sod who does have to do so), but I think the conversation pieces in TSL performed adequately for the task, and I suppose you could just 'mirror' the Exile's fate with Revan's (ie, he received some sort of 'force prompt' to help Revan (or to slay him to consolidate his own power) that would let them embark into the 'outer regions' to pursue Revan.

Please give me an idea on how a future game cold be constructed beyond the rim of the galaxy? All this greater menace thing is so esotheric, I cannot imagine how you could get back to the good old star wars look and feel when the story is going to take place outside the knwon star wars universe.

Do you really want a game where you start with level 30 and your only goal is to hack and slash through strange alien planets, probably having more esoteric and/or senseless dialogue? Where would the smugglers, the exchange, the jedi, the normal people, fit in?

If they really are going to sell a level30+ game, I am sure NOT going to buy it. (Call it the NWN-problem...)

No, its a good ending for KotOR since it shows Revan retaking his title as The Dark Lord of the Sith.

Did you not, like, read anything I wrote? No, seriously. I mean, what? Revan takes back his title of Dark Lord of the Sith? Really? Bugger me, I never picked up on that!

Come on, dude. It finishes with Revan halfway through conquering the galaxy. 'S all in flux, man. Undecided. Unfinished.

esoteric

Would you stop using that damn word all the time? It really irritates me.

While the details are somewhat different the end result can be the same.  Real world history is like that at times:  succeeding events can make earlier events irrelevant.  That said, I don't mind them playing this card _once_ in a game series.  Using it repeatedly would be a Bad Thing .

But they would have to if they continue in this way.

In general this thread has maintained a decorum of respect that has led to an enjoyable discussion. I have pruned two questionable posts and I will remind anyone who posts after this, that if they cannot refrain from responding in the negative through flaming/baiting I will issue an Official Warning and place that member into moderated posting status for a week.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

And the only real problem is the Dark Side ending (at least, so I believe) and that's really because it's a pretty craptastic ending in itself. Where's the equilibrium, man? All you do is swap Malak for Revan - the war still continues, the Star Forge still remains, the chaos and uncertainty is still moping around, messing everything up. I don't know - maybe it was supposed to mean you actually take over the entire galaxy by killing Dodonna, but that's just implausible and too much for a tiny little cutscene."

Hmm, I guess that's about all the 'Dark Side' runs up to: Domination. As for ruling the galaxy: Palpatine managed to accomplish this "implausible" task, after all. I wouldn't doubt that the "untold adventures of DS Revan" could lead to the same result, especially because he/she has a "Death Star" from the very beginning.

I don't see it as deciding to either destroy the Forge or lead the Sith and never, ever, ever being able to do anything but that for the next five years, not even when something more important comes up. Ever. At all. Ever.

Me neither. There will be lots of stories left to be told. But again, the task of showing these further developments in this particular medium, without breaking its very foundations, is too daunting. Both LS and DS main characters would do lots of things in the future, but their futures would look so differently that they couldn't be put into the same frame. At least not without forcibly blending them together, which can be done, occasionally, but only as an exception from the rule. I'm just not happy that this solution was chosen for the first follow-up, because it sets a questionable precedent.

Anyway, I'd rather not have Revan's story continued on forever, nor the Exile's. However, once the story has begun, it really ought to end, and KOTOR 3 is the answer. 'Twould be bad form to cut this overrarching 'True Sith' plotline two-thirds of the way through, see. Indeed, it's bad enough that TSL's ending is sub-par, no need to screw the entire pooch, damnit.

That's only if you feel the unconditional need to see them as connected. But you are probably right: I concede that the project can't change its direction in mid-flight. My point is more about future games of the Kotor-kind than Kotor 3.

I apologize if this has been brought up before...

But I think the big problem with the current game is the fact that OE was forced to cut a lot of the more meaty, character-driven stuff (the cut endings) that would have given this game closure to where even if the Exile's fate is to either go off in search of Revan and or stay and try and rebuild the Jedi Order (or something like that)...

I don't think fans would have minded as much because this story -- TSL -- Would have been CLOSED -- Key element -- With regard to the story IT was trying to tell.

This is what is compounding the difficulty and disappointment (and continuity) as far as TSL itself is concerned because the Exile's choices at the end ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT given everything that was cut that would have wrapped up TSL's self-contained story as well as the Exile's interaction with his/her NPCs since the game is just not finished in the truest sense of the word.

===

As far as how to proceed from here...

I'd like to kind of see a "The Last Samurai"... "The Last Jedi" story where you either start out as a Jedi... Or even just a dock worker or something and you are in fact working with a company/faction that is persecuting another spieces and you slowly realize you've been on the wrong side and in the process learn (or perhaps relearn if there are no Jedis left) the ways of the Jedi and eventually turn on who you've been siding with and fight them.

This story could work for Darkside players as well in that your main goal is to basically take over the faction you start working for as well as either enslave or destroy the spieces you are already persecuting.

It may not seem as "grand" as a SW adventure in that you aren't saving the galaxy... Or destroying it... But this could easily be avoided (for marketing purposes) by making whomever you are persecuting/helping be some vital speices of Force Sensatives that posses some kind of power that both DS and LS powers need, hence, the stakes are higher because of this (like in TSL, if Telos falls the rest is the domino effect).

I don't know.

That's just my take on it and it avoids trying to build on the Revan storyline... But actually could be worked into it somehow because like I said, this is a self-contained story, with the larger backdrop of Revan and the Exile and what he/she has already done to a point it could be acknowledged via Holo vids (news reports) and other immersive devices that are triggered depending on how you set the game up in the first parts like TSL does with the Atton conversation.

I don't see what the big deal is.

For most purposes, KoToR 2 was a stand alone as KoToR 1.  Just, when talking to Atton when you first meet, say 'I don't care about what happened to Revan.'

What happens is that the 'default backstory' is inserted, where Revan was a LSM.  You find this out through the course of the game much like you were finding out about the backstory in KoToR 1.  And there you have it.

I probably should have tried that option. I choose Revan as LS female (which is what I played in 1) and I can't count the number of dialogues that still referred to Revan as a *him*. sigh

While the details are somewhat different the end result can be the same.  Real world history is like that at times:  succeeding events can make earlier events irrelevant.  That said, I don't mind them playing this card _once_ in a game series.  Using it repeatedly would be a Bad Thing .

But they would have to if they continue in this way.

TSL's ending wasn't a galaxy-shaking one. It was more of a personal journey for Exile, so the third game doesn't need to invalidate the second one's ending. Remember, destroying the force was Kreia's goal, not Exile's goal (whatever it may be).

Amusingly, one of the benefits of the broken end game for TSL is that you can go several directions from it with a little hand-waving. As long as the continuity is plausible -- it doesn't have to be perfect or cover all permutations, just plausible -- given the events of TSL, KOTOR 3's designers have a fairly wide open canvas.

If you include Revan and Exile, then the problems are more of handling Revan + Exile (LS/LS, DS/DS) or Revan vs Exile (LS/DS, DS/LS). Which is similar to the situation TSL had to deal with. The third game could even quietly gloss over the stuff TSL dealt with concerning KOTOR 1.

I thought Obsidian handled the consequences of both Kotor 1 endings nicely.

If you're willing to accept that nothing you did actually made a difference, yes. I found the DS version especially strained at times, like Korriban for example. They managed it because they didn't handle the consequences of KotOR1. They just skillfully ignored them. It wasn't a bad job, it's just that it's the wrong job for the situation, and they painted themselves into a corner.

Well, canonically the movies show that nothing Revan did made any long term difference. :thumbsup:)

As far as Korriban goes, Sith self-destruction seemed to be dealing with the issue quite in the character of the Sith promotion path...

Not so. What Revan did made a bit difference. Eventually the Sith go extinct, revived 2000 BBY, and eventually Darth Vader shows up. However, he/she or the Exile are never mentioned. We never hear about Darth Revan or Darth Exile, and their various 'affairs' with people in any books or movies, so continuity would be relatively easy, as I've explained MANY times before...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

After reading all of the posts up till now I am begining to wonder how many people are really wanting the story of revan to continue? or if people are just wanting to have revan return? I know they sound like the samething but in truth they are very different. The first one would work no matter how you do the story for K3, even if it was set some 1000 years in the future by simply having convos and halocrons showing/explaining Revan's final fate and the decisions that lead to it. While the other is more of a fanboy (I am at a lack of a better word here and aplogize for using it) response to the situation, in this idea you are forcing whoever is going to develope the game to use another persons character and ideas to make a game. While its not impossible to make a story where this might work it becomes more difficult as you add in the different variables that come with a RPG (i.e. revans ls/ds actions and the exiles ls/ds actions plus the different party member combos that come with them just to name a few). While having Revan and the Exile return for yet another game would be good, the question then becomes where does it end? I mean there is always going to be people who aren't happy with the ending choosen and thus prompting the company to further continue the saga for another game and another and another and so on and so on, until everything that made these character speacial has been stripped away and all we are left with are mere shadows of what Bio and OE invisioned when they started their collective developments.

I for one would like Revan and The Exile to end their stories while I can still stand to hear about them in a game and not sometime down the road when I no longer remember what it was that started the whole adventure or even who was involved. SO in other words I say let Revan and The Exile have their mysterious ending from TSL and move on to an whole new story for K3 with a brand new cast of characters and maybe (should it fit into the game play) explain what finally happened to them on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I want their story to finish in Kotor III, then I can move on, unless the story begs for continuation like Kotor II.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I want their story to finish in Kotor III, then I can move on, unless the story begs for continuation like Kotor II.

but why? I mean while TSL might have had a rather lackluster ending it was still an ending. In other words LS you go to help revan and DS you take a seat of imense power for yourself. If your looking for an explination about the NPCs then thats also simple they stay behind and get on with their lives while your off on your adventure (LS) or they simply are dead either before or shortly after you take your seat of power (DS).

If your looking for an ending to Revan's story then thats also simple he fights and dies end of story, how and when it happens is really not all that important since one or even two people can't hope to stand against an entire race even with the great power that both the exile and Revan commanded (mainly because, as other people have said, the true sith are a force to be reconed with when it comes to the force, after all they have had along time to focus on the DS and thus are likely to be a lot more powerful than even revan or the exile could ever hope to become). Someone or something is bound to kill them at some point its only a matter of time.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

but if the hintbook is glimpise we may see both of them...

what do you mean?

AscendedPaladin.png