About moderation

A suggestion to moderators: it's not an "all or nothing" thing.

Obsidian are understandably annoyed about all the "OMG KOTOR2 SUXXORS OBSEEDYAN CANT MAKE GAMES!!!!11!!! WHERES BYOWARE?!??" posts, which should have been deleted and weren't.

But complaining *reasonably* and *politely* about the game's bugs, unresolved plot lines and the cut ending is not the same as flame posts and trolling. Mods, please don't overcompensate now by deleting or locking any threads which criticize any parts of the game. If these forums become akin to a "police state", *then* they won't need to be closed down - they will simply be abandoned.

Just my opinion, of course. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

A suggestion to moderators: it's not an "all or nothing" thing.

Obsidian are understandably annoyed about all the "OMG KOTOR2 SUXXORS OBSEEDYAN CANT MAKE GAMES!!!!11!!! WHERES BYOWARE?!??" posts, which should have been deleted and weren't.

There's a lot more than could be locked, deleted or pruned here that hasn't been, mostly out of giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and allowing you to air your greivances...

But complaining *reasonably* and *politely* about the game's bugs, unresolved plot lines and the cut ending is not the same as flame posts and trolling. Mods, please don't overcompensate now by deleting or locking any threads which criticize any parts of the game. If these forums become akin to a "police state", *then* they won't need to be closed down - they will simply be abandoned.

Just my opinion, of course. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

There comes a point though where the complaining (regardless of tone) reaches a point that it becomes redundant and does nothing to further anything. Getting bogged down in the same issues over and over again doesn't serve any purpose. Some problems have solutions, others there's nothing that can be changed. Too often, it seems that people post just to "hear themselves talk" as it were, and there's no sense of restraint or decorum used.

I also think you're over-reacting with your police-state comment. Some people already think the forums are over-moderated, while others think there's not enough. Internet forums are constantly in flux, people will come and go as they wish based on how the forum suits or doesn't suit them.

At any rate, if the forums do remain open, you can be sure that we will be stricter in our moderating.

newlogo.gif

There's a lot more than could be locked, deleted or pruned here that hasn't been, mostly out of giving you guys the benefit of the doubt and allowing you to air your greivances...

I understand. I know it's not an easy job - no matter what you do, some will accuse you of doing too much, and some of not doing enough. I have a forum-like site too, where I'm the only mod, so I know what it's like (though it's much smaller than this)

There comes a point though where the complaining (regardless of tone) reaches a point that it becomes redundant and does nothing to further anything. Getting bogged down in the same issues over and over again doesn't serve any purpose. Some problems have solutions, others there's nothing that can be changed. Too often, it seems that people post just to "hear themselves talk" as it were, and there's no sense of restraint or decorum used.

I understand, again. People complain and complain because there's not much else we can do (other than protesting in front of LA's headquarters, which I can't do because I live in Europe, anyway...)

I also think you're over-reacting with your police-state comment.

I didn't say the forums were currently a police-state, just that they might become so in the future. It wasn't an accusation, only a fear. I think (and please don't feel accused) that you guys were too lenient at first, and it's easy to be tempted to overcompensate now.

What are you guys going to do about the forum closure? Have you decided? If you need a volunteer to help moderate the forums, then you know where I am! ;)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."