Red Eclipse not on Ebon Hawk

After I defeated all of the Red Eclipse outside of the ship, I visit the inside and no one is there. I tried reloading the game before and after and still nothing. Now since there isn't anyone in there, I can't get off of this planet and I can't finish the game. Is there anyway to bypass this certain area and make it seem like I completed it so I can go see Goto?

Probably not....sounds like you definitely have a bug issue there.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

After I defeated all of the Red Eclipse outside of the ship, I visit the inside and no one is there. I tried reloading the game before and after and still nothing. Now since there isn't anyone in there, I can't get off of this planet and I can't finish the game. Is there anyway to bypass this certain area and make it seem like I completed it so I can go see Goto?

I have exactly the same problem, i figured i'll do the rest of the planet and hope this will sort itself out. The other option is to use KSE and try to go through all the global settings to set the quest to complete

I have exactly the same problem, i figured i'll do the rest of the planet and hope this will sort itself out. The other option is to use KSE and try to go through all the global settings to set the quest to complete

Yea, I tried looking at the globals, but I didn't see anything recognizable. I tried doing the whole planet too, but that didn't work either. The quests left require further progress in the game. Let me know if you can find anything in KSE.

Yea, I tried looking at the globals, but I didn't see anything recognizable. I tried doing the whole planet too, but that didn't work either. The quests left require further progress in the game. Let me know if you can find anything in KSE.

Well i found the set for Nar Shaadaa, so its just a matter of making a back up save and playing around in KSE to see if anything fixes it. I'll let you know if i find something

Well i found the right variable under the Numerics under Globals. Its under something like "301 NAR Red Eclipse At" and it gets changed to 3. The problem this causes though is that while this sets the Ebon Hawk back to normal, it means the quest is uncomplete and i need to find the other variables which trigger the meeting with the Exchange. Im starting to wonder whether starting again is a viable option but im determined not to lose my game so i will keep looking (and I have found two variables which affect the trigger for meeting the exchange but theres still something im missing!!)

Well i found the right variable under the Numerics under Globals.  Its under something like "301 NAR Red Eclipse At"  and it gets changed to 3.  The problem this causes though is that while this sets the Ebon Hawk back to normal, it means the quest is uncomplete and i need to find the other variables which trigger the meeting with the Exchange.  Im starting to wonder whether starting again is a viable option but im determined not to lose my game so i will keep looking (and I have found two variables which affect the trigger for meeting the exchange but theres still something im missing!!)

Did you ever find what variables trigger the meeting with the exchange? I fought the Red Eclipse, but I am not getting invited to meet with the exchange. Correct me if I`m wrong, but shouldn't I get invited after fighting the Red Ecllipse?

Well i found the right variable under the Numerics under Globals.  Its under something like "301 NAR Red Eclipse At"  and it gets changed to 3.  The problem this causes though is that while this sets the Ebon Hawk back to normal, it means the quest is uncomplete and i need to find the other variables which trigger the meeting with the Exchange.  Im starting to wonder whether starting again is a viable option but im determined not to lose my game so i will keep looking (and I have found two variables which affect the trigger for meeting the exchange but theres still something im missing!!)

Did you ever find what variables trigger the meeting with the exchange? I fought the Red Eclipse, but I am not getting invited to meet with the exchange. Correct me if I`m wrong, but shouldn't I get invited after fighting the Red Ecllipse?

I was playing around with the saved game editor, and I figured out how to trigger the invitation to meet with the exchange. Under Global Variables -> Numerics, change the the value of the variable 300NAR_Exchange_Gap to 8. Ive noticed other people are having this problem , so maybe this information will help.

I appreciate the efforts you guys are putting into it (a poster even told me how to edit the executable to allow 100 Hz refresh rates)...

But this is pure evidence that this game was not properly QAed at Lucas Arts.

Fans should NOT have to go in with a third-party, Save Game Editor and change variables to just be able to PLAY the game as it was intended. That is inexcusable in my book on both OE and LA's part.

I know the game was rushed (hence the cut-content and crappy ending), but again, stuff like this is just sloppy and proves this game is more of a post-Alpha, pre-Beta version than a retail release.

Sorry for the rant.

Once agian, thank you to the dedicated fans who are doing what OE and LA supposedly get paid millions to do.

I was playing around with the saved game editor, and I figured out how to trigger the invitation to meet with the exchange. Under Global Variables -> Numerics, change the the value of the variable 300NAR_Exchange_Gap to 8. Ive noticed other people are having this problem , so maybe this information will help.

Thanks, the ship one worked, but this one doesn't. It won't trigger the meeting. Any idea why?

Oh, and the exchange leader in the refugee sector... that guy was named Visquis wasn't he? Is he who the invitation is given from? I killed him, was I not supposed to do that?

I have tried setting 300NAR_Exchange_Gap to 10 and 8, as well as increasing 300NAR_Exchange_Favour, but neither seems to work. Im using the Global Comparison tool with my save game and a friends save game where he has completed Nar Shaadaa, and there are a few more things yet to try. *sigh* its slow work, but at least my ship is back to normal.

I do not believe it has to do with killing the Exchange leader in the Refugee sector. But in saying that, Chris previously has said that you dont have to complete the red eclipse quest to get the exchange meeting, so maybe more than one thing gets broken when this quest breaks.

Theres just something im missing, but i'll find it i guess. I have made Chris Avellone aware of these problems and asked him for help with the variables, so i'll see what i get back from him.

EDIT - some might consider this mildy spoilish so I'm putting it in spoiler quotes.

The Exchange meeting is triggered by

you doing enough things to either please or annoy the Exchange (some of the quests) - it has nothing to do with the Red Eclipse attack on the Ebon Hawk.

For example, if you helped free Loota's (lootra?) wife that annoys the Exchange - I do not know how many of either (or both) it requires you to have, but so far the meeting triggers for me after I complete about 3 of those specific quests. Not all quests in Nal Shadda will effect your standing w/the Exchange.

Anyway....just relating that....nothing to do with people

missing etc. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, I have completed every quest that I can on Nar Shadda. Every quest that I can anyways, the only ones left are the Ebon Hawk ID and the family one (which I need to visit Goto in order to do that anyways). So mine is a bug I guess.

Have you tried changing any other globals starboi? Did it work?

My Exchange Gap is 8 and Exchange Favor is 243.

Well, I have completed every quest that I can on Nar Shadda. Every quest that I can anyways, the only ones left are the Ebon Hawk ID and the family one (which I need to visit Goto in order to do that anyways). So mine is a bug I guess.

Have you tried changing any other globals starboi? Did it work?

My Exchange Gap is 8 and Exchange Favor is 243.

Well Chris has advised setting the Exchange Gap to 16 and my personal advice is to take the Favor up to 260. He said he's gonna have a talk to the other programmers about it as well. Im not at home so havent had a chance to try it yet but that should trigger the exchange meeting... Oh and make the changes on a save game that is saved isnt in the central area... IE the entertainment area, Docks, or Refugee sector and then go back to the central area and wander around the different areas, this should trigger it apparently.

Let me know how you go with that

Okay, I tried changing the Exchange Gap to 16 and the Favor to 260. I was in the Entertainment Promenade while I made the changes. I then saved, opened the game, and entered the Landing Pad (central area, right?). I wandered around a bit in every area and nothing still was triggered.

The following [relevant] quests are still in my screen:

- Ebon Hawk ID Signature

- Landing Rights (which the leader wasn't in my ship, changed the global to "3", and the quest still isn't off but I can go back on my ship.. any idea how to "complete" it yet? Or get it off my screen.)

- Seeking Passage

- New Fuel Source

I have Keira and Atton by my side.

Okay, I tried changing the Exchange Gap to 16 and the Favor to 260. I was in the Entertainment Promenade while I made the changes. I then saved, opened the game, and entered the Landing Pad (central area, right?). I wandered around a bit in every area and nothing still was triggered.

The following [relevant] quests are still in my screen:

- Ebon Hawk ID Signature

- Landing Rights (which the leader wasn't in my ship, changed the global to "3", and the quest still isn't off but I can go back on my ship.. any idea how to "complete" it yet? Or get it off my screen.)

- Seeking Passage

- New Fuel Source

I have Keira and Atton by my side.

Hmm... try changing the Exchange Favor to 16 as well (of course while your not in the main area of course) and try again. beyond that, i'll try some more stuff tonight.

Im not sure whether or not i'll be able to remove the Landing Rights quest from under the quest section, but apparently its not necessary to complete it.

The other thing im thinking of trying is leaving for a planet i have already visited (Telos) and change the settings, then go back to Nar Shaadaa and see what happens.

I'll let you know as soon as i find anything out

Nope, 16 in both places didn't work either... maybe someone can send me their save file after they have gotten the invitation (or immediately before) and I can compare it to mine?

Im guessing that the trigger wont work unless the actual red eclipse quest is completed or circumvented somehow. Apparently Chris has the original programming team looking into this.

Ive been trying a few things, until then.. umm making another save game, leave Nar Shaadaa and complete another planet and come back to it when the problem is solved?

Nope, 16 in both places didn't work either... maybe someone can send me their save file after they have gotten the invitation (or immediately before) and I can compare it to mine?

Im guessing that the trigger wont work unless the actual red eclipse quest is completed or circumvented somehow. Apparently Chris has the original programming team looking into this.

Ive been trying a few things, until then.. umm making another save game, leave Nar Shaadaa and complete another planet and come back to it when the problem is solved?

Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate it :lol:

I already finished the game, though. Everything but what comes after you get all the Jedi together.

Try changing the Exchange Favor to 249 and the Gap to 11.

Thats what my original settings were, i believe its a trigger caused by the Red Eclipse Quest that has locked down any further progress until the quest is complete. I believe the trigger either is located on the loading ramp of the ebon hawk or when the quest is first received.

Not to worry, the development team (being the lovely people they are) are looking into this for a solution for us

• 4 weeks later...