Carth and Revan are the heart and Soul of KOTOR.

I heard that Carth Mix that a member made and it made me realize that the story between Carth and Revan is a major draw that made a huge impact in the success of the story as well as the game itself.  YAY CARTH.  Btw ATTON is cool too.

Hehehe, glad you liked it. :D

To be a devil's advocate, though, if I made a mix of almost any character, I could probably make it seem like they were heavily important... but I do agree with you that (whether people like Carth or not) he's an important part of the story... at least for people playing off the LS Revan storyline, and people who made Revan LS for the game seem pleased overall with the Carth bonuses scattered throughout it.

This game seems to be hinting that the developers favored the LS female story above the other options (with Atton suggesting that Revan was female before you tell him yes/no, how the DS explanation of Revan leaving doesn't work quite as well, and the more fleshed out emotions of the romance), and hopefully whoever makes the 3rd game will build on that and add some closure to it as well.

I certainly think Revan worked really well as a female, if only because a) Bastila can die, not to mention that she's pretty stand-offish and doesn't stick with your character the entire way through b) it makes for an interesting Malak/Revan partnership and c) there aren't enough female Sith in the Star Wars universe :(

Playing a female Revan, I always wondered if part of Malak's hatred of Revan came from a rejected attraction.

I thought about that too. Not to mention that it's got to be pretty demoralising when you're a 7-foot behemoth of a man and yet you're still inferior to a woman. No wonder he was so eager to betray Revan!

Revan's armor in the first cut-scene immediately set the lasting impression in my mind, that Revan is a woman. Even the toadie Bastilla fights before turning her attention on Revan, is taller.

I like that idea. Revan being a woman, and achieving what she did, is perfect imo. I view Revan more like the DS version of Leia in terms of intelligence, and charismatic ability.

Some have compared Revan's size to Malak's, and say that Malak was simply taller then anyone else, true.

But if you look at KOTOR 2, all the male Sith Lords are taller then everyone else, save one, who's decidedly female. :shifty:

Except for Palpatine, big and imposing figures have been used throughout Star Wars to add a sense of forboding and dread to the bad guys, especially when it comes to the Sith.

Then along comes Revan, who's petite compared to all the others. Visually, that's a pretty big statement.

I also picked up on Atton hinting at Revan being female right off. I might have to go back and pick "I don't know" just to see what it defaults to. Would be quite amusing if it picked female anyway ;)

Another thing I picked up is, Kreia doesn't like males much. But she adores Revan. If Revan had been male, she'd have had some snide comment concerning him and Bastilla. Either way you play in KOTOR, Bastilla could be seen as an interference in Revan's goals, and Kreia wouldn't have let that slide when discussing Revan.

Unfortunately, the Korriban tomb doesn't hold the answer. Revan is the same size whether you set her to male or female. However, your DS image stands behind, and to the left, skewing the perspective a bit. When you're fighting, and both in the "combat ready" stance, as a female, you're both the same height.

I think the female revan works really well also. As a women not getting as much professional respect in the computer world, I can assume it would be the same trying to command in battle, so I think the full helmet and armor went along way to help that. It was really imposing and threatening, even though female underneith the armor would scream pseudo alpha male to the subordinents :shifty:

I also picked up on Atton hinting at Revan being female right off.  I might have to go back and pick "I don't know" just to see what it defaults to.  Would be quite amusing if it picked female anyway :wub:

I've heard that the default setting for Revan, if the player were to choose, "I don't know," at anytime while talking to Atton about him/her, was actually that Revan was female and had fallen to the Dark Side. :thumbsup:

I also picked up on Atton hinting at Revan being female right off.  I might have to go back and pick "I don't know" just to see what it defaults to.  Would be quite amusing if it picked female anyway :(

I've heard that the default setting for Revan, if the player were to choose, "I don't know," at anytime while talking to Atton about him/her, was actually that Revan was female and had fallen to the Dark Side. >_<

90% sure it defaults LS male, but I can't verify this atm, as I'm at work. Regardless, what it defaults to should hardly make a difference. Just as I am rather annoyed by "Revan should totally be a male and stuff" threads, these threads are little better. Revan is completely different for different people. For me, Revan is a Male Jedi Consular. It's pointless to really debate what Revan in the cutscenes was, because the designers clearly intended for Revan to be whatever you wanted, hence the whole character creation/gender selection phase at the beginning of the game. ;)

Still though, don't misinterpret this for trolling. I'd be little better than those who I criticize if I went around getting pissed at people for their viewpoints on this matter. Just my personal view. So as to contribute somewhat to the thread:

Carth annoyed me in KOTOR1. After I finished KOTOR2, however, I was watching a friend go through KOTOR1 and he was using Carth and he started to grow on me. I feel that Bastila, however, plays an equally important role. Regardless, your viewpoints on the matter will be inherently tilted towards one or the other based off of your Gender, I would imagine. :)

I realise that it's entirely up to your own opinion. I did, after all, play Revan as a male originally and for a whole year he was a male in my mind. I simply think that now I've gone back and played as a female, I prefer the feminine version.

And it does default to DS female, so far as I am aware. It definitely defaults to female at any rate. :D

I understand why people dislike Carth, but for me Bastila was so much worse. Annoying voice, large ego, petty problems with her mother, how rude she is to you when you rescue her...

Carth was overly insecure, often had crappy written dialogue, and if you are female, he tries to pull the macho 'let me protect you'. As if you need it. If your male, he never seems to become very trusting for you. He just wants to get laid, by my thinking. His VA was good. If he had decided to turn with me or simply leave me at the end of my DS female game, maybe I'd think different. As is, he wanted to 'save me' from being myself, so I could be hte person he wanted. So I stabbified him.

Bastilla had better dialogue, but she was egotisticle, arrogant and often annoying. Plus, she's really fickle. You can turn her after the battle with two sentences.

According to Lucas Arts, the original Kotor developers, etc., the canonical Revan was a LS Male... same with the Exile...

This does make sense, but since nobody ever comes across Revan's ghost in any official books or movies, it doesn't matter. They all have the same outcome.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I for one hope that they never solidify whether Revan was LS/DS Male/Female. Look at all of us discussing this, no one can agree really because Revan is a different person to us all. I don't want to force my opinion of Revan on to someone with a completely different one. It doesn't matter what the game defaults to. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just wish these types of discussions would cease because no one will ever agree and it's not fair to say "Oh the game defaults DS/LS Male/Female so it must be true!" The fact of the matter is: Revan is whatever you want Revan to be. There should never be a definitive version, imo.

After playing Kotor as both genders, I came to the conclusion I think Carth and Bastila should be together. They're both so insecure that they fall for Revan like nothing. Carth would still be about 20 years older then both of them. :)

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Urgh, I need to finish writing posts before I post 'em.

From reading the dialogue scripts in K2, it doesn't look like it was intended for the character to be one gender or another, even with all the "Revan is a guy!" bugs.

Personally, I think K1 makes more sense with a LSF Revan and K2 makes more sense with a DSM Exile, based on various things. But I haven't actually played male all the way through either game, so.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Revan's a guy in my mind. I rationalize this with the Bastila Bond. As a Male, it leads to their being together forever :) , but as a female, it just sounds a little Juhani-ish... With a Male, it's kinda... romantic... :shifty:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Revan's a guy in my mind. I rationalize this with the Bastila Bond. As a Male, it leads to their being together forever :) , but as a female, it just sounds a little Juhani-ish... With a Male, it's kinda... romantic...  :)

So...uh...

What does that make the Exile/Kreia bond? ;)

Feel free to steal this sig.

Revan's a guy in my mind. I rationalize this with the Bastila Bond. As a Male, it leads to their being together forever :) , but as a female, it just sounds a little Juhani-ish... With a Male, it's kinda... romantic...  ;)

I didn't see the bond with Bastila as being romantic in the least, playing as a female.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Revan's a guy in my mind. I rationalize this with the Bastila Bond. As a Male, it leads to their being together forever :wub: , but as a female, it just sounds a little Juhani-ish... With a Male, it's kinda... romantic...  :x

I didn't see the bond with Bastila as being romantic in the least, playing as a female.

Thats cause you were female :p... There wanst any lesbian/gay romances in it... except one time I got to ask Juhani (is that how you spell it?) if she was hitting on me. She just got angry...