About the surfaced incomplete endings.

Now without a doubt, the current ending for KOTOR 2 is just plain old bad right now. But I would of hated it if Kreia ended up killing all my companions in the end. What kind of an ending is that? So you mean to tell me i worked super hard to keep my team together only to have them all killed in the end? To me, killing off main characters in the end is just a cheap way to try to get more of a dramatic event.

Kinda happy Obsidian didn't go this route because now I can hope to see Disciple, Atton, and all the chars I fell in love with in KOTOR 2 and hopefully see them in KOTOR 3 along with the great characters in KOTOR 1.

Now without a doubt, the current ending for KOTOR 2 is just plain old bad right now.  But I would of hated it if Kreia ended up killing all my companions in the end.  What kind of an ending is that?  So you mean to tell me i worked super hard to keep my team together only to have them all killed in the end?  To me, killing off main characters in the end is just a cheap way to try to get more of a dramatic event. 

Kinda happy Obsidian didn't go this route because now I can hope to see Disciple, Atton, and all the chars I fell in love with in KOTOR 2 and hopefully see them in KOTOR 3 along with the great characters in KOTOR 1.

Well, I rather have a complete ending than an incomplete one.

I don't find the current ending "bad" - I think it suits the middle of a trilogy.  But I do think some of the cut stuff would have added a bit more emotional punch.

Yeah, I agree. If they're trying to make it like Empire Strikes Back, then the cut stuff would've heightened the story and left the gamer wanting more, just like Empire did. As it stands now, TSL made gamers wonder about what had happened (the ending) instead of what was going to happen (the future), which I think was what they were going for. They got the wrong reaction.

For example, in Empire, you were left wondering "how are they going to save Han?", not "what happened to Luke?" or "how did Leia and those guys escape?", because those latter questions were addressed correctly.

In TSL, you still have that "will the Exile find Revan?", but it's overcome by the stronger "where the heck did my allies go...?" and "how did I even get the ship functioning and out of there?"

:(

it reminds me when i tried the DS end in KOTOR :(:(

i read a bit the post about the cut stuff... but is not that Kreia capture them instead of kill all? if i remember right ther's nothing that says they are actually killed and i think that Atton death fit in this ending...

party member engage Kreia, she incap all of them, Sion carry them inside the academy and begin to torture Atton...

There are cut endings where Atton dies, or Atton kills Disciple, even one where the exile dies, all sorts of combinations and permutations.

There are rumours that Kotor 3 was already in development by an in-house LucasArts team as Obsidian was finishing Kotor 2. It's possible that this LucasArts team asked Obsidian to simplify the ending of Kotor 2, to make it more ambiguous, thus allowing Kotor 3 to re-use characters or at least make continuity easier.

In any case, according to the same rumours, Kotor 3 has been shelved for the time being.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I have to agree. By cutting some of that out, then left room for the story to be expanded upon, instead of finalizing it.

I've formed my own conclusions as to what happened, and perhaps what's in store. Regardless, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm totally way off base because then that just gives me more things to figure out during the course of KOTOR 3, which to me, is half the fun. :D

I think they might have shelved KOTOR 3 for the time being due to Episode 3's May release, and the plethora of Episode 3 games they've got planned to take advantage of that fact.

I think they might have shelved KOTOR 3 for the time being due to Episode 3's May release, and the plethora of Episode 3 games they've got planned to take advantage of that fact.

There simply hasn't been enough time to complete KOTOR 3 unless they've been working on it all along since work began on KOTOR 2. And we've seen zero indications of that. I could believe a KOTOR 3 scheduled to match with the rumored 2007 release of all six Star Wars movies in High Definition DVD, but never for Episode III.

What was really great about the cut endings is that your choices had consequesnces... and the re-play value was fantastic! I think that the whole accountablity thing was huge in this game and I think that that says a lot about the struggle between good and evil.

As I understand it... if you are LS... your companions all meet and try to save you. (With all of this cut, it seems strange that you go flying out of the Hawk, but no one else does... except Mira and she just fights Hanharr and then you never see her again.) They get taken hostage and you have to make a choice... free them and weaken yourself or let them be killed/tortured/turned and face Sion/Kriea at your full strength. That is one hell of a cool choice for a LSer to have to make! Plus, this whole "influence" thing takes on a new meaning when you see that your attention means so much to you NPCs that they will even convert to DS and kill another NPC becasue they are jealous of your time! I mean... wow. Talk about adding another dimension to the playing of the game!

I'm sorry to ask about this again, but I just joined the boards and I'm having difficulty finding posts lol. I attemtped to download the audio for the cut endings but it failed to work. I was able to download the "are you an angel" lines and some HK stuff, but it was a no go with the ending. Does anyon have a copy that would run on Windows Media player, or reel player? Thanks again all.

Royal

What was really great about the cut endings is that your choices had consequesnces... and the re-play value was fantastic!  I think that the whole accountablity thing was huge in this game and I think that that says a lot about the struggle between good and evil.

As I understand it... if you are LS... your companions all meet and try to save you.  (With all of this cut, it seems strange that you go flying out of the Hawk, but no one else does... except Mira and she just fights Hanharr and then you never see her again.)  They get taken hostage and you have to make a choice... free them and weaken yourself or let them be killed/tortured/turned and face Sion/Kriea at your full strength.  That is one hell of a cool choice for a LSer to have to make!  Plus, this whole "influence" thing takes on a new meaning when you see that your attention means so much to you NPCs that they will even convert to DS and kill another NPC becasue they are jealous of your time!  I mean... wow.  Talk about adding another dimension to the playing of the game!

This is what is called an emotionally satisfying ending and gaming experience.

What we have now is just a plain old sloppy rushed ending that is nothing but a hack an slash fest until you face Scion and Kriea and then a feeling of "WTF?" when you are left all alone on a dead planet with absolutely no inidcations of what is to come and more importantly, for an RPG game... That the time you spent playing it was really worth anything in the end.... Which, for a lot of people, compltely ruins the entire game because the lack of ending(s) that we have now basically says the gamer spent all of their time gaining influence and other things for NOTHING. It is a cheap and hollow experience and that is the worst thing any game, but especially, an CRPG like TSL can leave the player feeling.

Some people like the open-endedness to the current ending... But it is obvious it was not meant to be THIS ambiguous given the stuff that had to be cut as there is a difference between being ambiguous and down right unfinished and TSL is just unfinished anyway you look at it.

Also, the "It's part II of a trilogy" is an excuse for lazy storytelling and a choddy product on OE's part because even the second part of a trilogy should have a self-contained story that has its own conclusion and TSL does not due to everything having to be rushed at the last moment.

Just because "Matrix Reloaded" was literally part II or a trilogy... And the WORST one of the entire series in a lot of fans minds... Doesn't mean it is the right way to do a trilogy because it suffers from the same failings as TSL in that there is absolutely NO CLOSURE for any of the events that happened in that second story and that just leaves the audience scratching their heads in the long run in a bad way.

I have to agree that I don't really like my party members dying for my character, although it's some nice story telling. I'm a sucker for happy endings :wub:

I'd love to have a slightly different ending, which includes your party members, but I like them too much to get them killed.

More important for me would be the droid factory and the goto/remote/hk sequence though.

I don't find the current ending "bad" - I think it suits the middle of a trilogy.  But I do think some of the cut stuff would have added a bit more emotional punch.

Yeah, I agree. If they're trying to make it like Empire Strikes Back, then the cut stuff would've heightened the story and left the gamer wanting more, just like Empire did. As it stands now, TSL made gamers wonder about what had happened (the ending) instead of what was going to happen (the future), which I think was what they were going for. They got the wrong reaction.

For example, in Empire, you were left wondering "how are they going to save Han?", not "what happened to Luke?" or "how did Leia and those guys escape?", because those latter questions were addressed correctly.

In TSL, you still have that "will the Exile find Revan?", but it's overcome by the stronger "where the heck did my allies go...?" and "how did I even get the ship functioning and out of there?"

:wub:

i agree. like what was mira doing there and what happened after the fight with hanharr. the remote vs. go-to duel. these things didn't make sense at all.

...and who flew the ebon hawke in the light side ending? they should have added a few things to make certain events a bit more clear.

I have to agree that I don't really like my party members dying for my character, although it's some nice story telling. I'm a sucker for happy endings ;)

But it would be even better if you had to achieve it. A happy ending is only truly satisfying if it is initiated by your choices. However, I would prefer a partially happy ending, again depending on your choices. You win some, you lose some. To save Atton, you have to sacrifice Kreia. To redeem Kreia, you have to accept the death of some other characters. That would be great. And meaningful.

I'm sorry to ask about this again, but I just joined the boards and I'm having difficulty finding posts lol.  I attemtped to download the audio for the cut endings but it failed to work.  I was able to download the "are you an angel" lines and some HK stuff, but it was a no go with the ending.  Does anyon have a copy that would run on Windows Media player, or reel player?  Thanks again all.

Royal

Here is an extract from my modding tools mini guide:

You can play the sound files located in the Streamwaves and streammusic folders with the Miles sound system

If you want to be able to listen to the files with basically any normal application such as window media player, sound recorder, etc. You can decompress the files with Miles sound tools (same url as above) and then save in a new folder.

Screenshot

Once decompressed with Miles sound tools, you can also edit sounds with the sound recorder or another sound file editing application such as Goldwave http://www.goldwave.com and implement them in the game.

You can open the sounds located in the Streamsounds folder with Goldwave: simply open the sound at a rate of 22050Hz and resave under the format you want.

There are also some sounds located in SWKotor/Data/sounds.bif: you can extract those sounds with Kotor tool.

Thanks much for all the great info Darth 333, unfortunately I do not have the PC version of the game. Is it possible to hear the files without it? If not, it looks like I'll be going out to but a PC copy lol.

I was able to read the game script that someone graciously posted. The ending was really a tear jerker, I'm not sure if it would have been better though. Although the way the ending currently stands, Howard the Duck could probably improve it lol. All in all a great game though.

Again thanks Darth,

Royal

Now without a doubt, the current ending for KOTOR 2 is just plain old bad right now.  But I would of hated it if Kreia ended up killing all my companions in the end.  What kind of an ending is that?  So you mean to tell me i worked super hard to keep my team together only to have them all killed in the end?  To me, killing off main characters in the end is just a cheap way to try to get more of a dramatic event. 

It was planed to be your choise to save your companions or not.

When your character enters the academy Kreia says somethig about choises.