Some thoughts about Ravager...

Did a little thinking about Ravager and the Mandalorean... Why the hell they risked their life just to destroy the ship? Of course, I know the ship was in the battle of Malakor V, where the Mandalorean were defeated, but what the poor ship has in common with their defeat? It was Revan and Malak, which defeated them, and not the ship itself (even if this was the Revan's ship). And besides, I doubt a single ship was capable to defeat them... So what? Being not able to get even with Revan, they started to hunt and destroy the ships, whic participated in the battle? Or what? Looks like another big hole in the story :geek:

The Ship looks to be a SSD type ship, and would have been a big part of the battle, or atleast and imposing one. I'm sure a ship like that the Mandalorians would remember. Not to mentioning getting a little revenge on anything that happened at Malachor would be something glorifying to them.

In any account, that entire Mandalorian part on the Ravager made the game for me.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Did a little thinking about Ravager and the Mandalorean... Why the hell they risked their life just to destroy the ship? Of course, I know the ship was in the battle of Malakor V, where the Mandalorean were defeated, but what the poor ship has in common with their defeat?

I thought they did it as sort of 'putting the dead back to grave where it belongs' deal. That ship was meant to stay a wreck at M5, part of the past... not some zombie mockery haunting them even now.

This deffintely is a plothole.

yes it was at malachor, Revan controlled this ship. Revan is highly thought of in Mandalorian soceity. Mandalorians dont seek revenge, it is dishonerable amoung mandalorains. However something may have happened to Canderous like after Revan took back the star forge maybe he tried to kill Canderous. This makes the most sense to me.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

next in line... maybe this was the exile's ship the one who triggered the MSG or it could be among the tens or hundreds of republic ships that went down on malachor only to be ressurected by Nihilus or....

By the way.. which came first, discovery of star forge or end of mandalorian wars coz ravager kinda looks like it was made in the star forge but it bears the mark of mandalorian guns...

Dude, Revan fought at M5, the ravage was at M5. Malak even said his own master didnt trust him, it wasnt Malak's ship. And the storyline reason was revenge, as i had said before revenge isnt very well accepted by mandalorians.

Yes he wasnt on the ship but the ship is his. And Mandalorians dont fight old eniimies they lost to, its not honerable to mandalorians. Canderous's beliefs have changed so much. Is is it iggnorance or was it what i had mentioned above? It is a plothole hands down unless the above happened.

I would consider this a small hole in the story anyhow. Hoever if Revan did scre him over that wouldvbe been nice to know. the storyline in general was a bumpy road.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

Dude, Revan fought at M5, the ravage was at M5. Malak even said his own master didnt trust him, it wasnt Malak's ship. And the storyline reason was revenge, as i had said before revenge isnt very well accepted by mandalorians. 

Mandalore was doing it because Kreia told him to do it. Didnt you see that scene in the hanger?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

nope.. Revan faught the battle fleet of the mandalore himself, caught the mandalore.. cut off his head and went to M5, too late though

And where did Revan face Mandalore's forces at? This might be a contradiction, because I think it was implied that Revan was at Malachor in KOTOR. Because Canderous says it was Revan who defeated them at Malachor, not the Jedi or the Republic fleet.

Yes he wasnt on the ship  but the ship is his. And Mandalorians dont fight old eniimies they lost to, its not honerable to mandalorians. Canderous's beliefs have changed so much. Is is it iggnorance or was it what i had mentioned above? It is a plothole hands down unless the above happened.

I would consider this a small hole in the story anyhow. Hoever if Revan did scre him over that wouldvbe been nice to know. the storyline in general was a bumpy road.

Bao-Dur establishes that Revan was delayed outsystem by Mandalorian scouts while the Exile's fleet fought the Mandalorians at Malachor V. HK-47 corroborates with his account of how Revan probably delayed deliberately in order to 'clean house' before officially going Sith.

The Mandalorians did it a) to defeat a present foe, Nihilus and b) as PR. A lot of people, including some Mandalorians, think that the clans were broken beyond repair at Malachor V. Mandalore needs something newsworthy to show the galaxy that they're back - destroying the Ravager (a sufficiently heavy capital ship that Carth's fleet "can't match their firepower") fits the bill.

No plothole here.

Mandalore was doing it because Kreia told him to do it. Didnt you see that scene in the hanger?

Yup. She was being her manipulative old self that we all love and hate. Mandalore was there to be the "muscle" to help protect her "investment/protege". Accidents do happen.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

He fought on the "surface" and anyways look at the scene with mandalore and the random mandalorian, they talk about revenge, and mandlore helpos you kill everyone on the ravager for revenge. This kills everything all in one shot. Canderous was never like this before. Mandalorians dont act this way and thats all there is too it ( well accept for thugs, and Mercs).

the mandalorian code was emphasized by canderous throughout KOTOR 1 and 2. Kind of funny how he randomly "forgets" about it , I mean you are only supposed to live your life by it no biggie.

Gorth you make it sound like Kreia is a pimp and the mandalores are bouncers :p

Bouncers, canon fodder, pawns... whatever :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

my sentiments exactly...

by the way... the academy in M5 is after the mandalorian wars.. unless you show me some material in SW EU that can resist planetary destruction at point blank range...

something that can stand being an inch from the nuzzle of a death star when it fires..

He fought on the "surface" and anyways look at the scene with mandalore and the random mandalorian, they talk about revenge, and mandlore helpos you kill everyone on the ravager for revenge. This kills everything all in one shot. Canderous was never like this before. Mandalorians dont act this way and thats all there is too it ( well accept for thugs, and Mercs).

the mandalorian code was emphasized by canderous throughout KOTOR 1 and 2. Kind of funny how he randomly "forgets" about it , I mean you are only supposed to live your life by it no biggie.

Actually in both games Canderous makes no notes of Revenge being a forbidden thing to Mandalorians. I know, because I'm going through KOTOR again, and am about done with Canderous stories. Nothing of revenge comes up. So if there's is nothing said, then it must not be wrong. Revenge is quite common among Mandalorians, as it is with most species in the Star Wars galaxy.

The Mandalorians hold nothing against REVAN, and that is the only person they care about. He is the only one honor and respect. Everyone else will get a little payback from the Mandalorians, and the Ravager was just one of those cases.

my sentiments exactly...

by the way... the academy in M5 is after the mandalorian wars.. unless you show me some material in SW EU that can resist planetary destruction at point blank range...

something that can stand being an inch from the nuzzle of a death star when it fires..

I believe Kreia says that the Academy had been around for thousands of years before the events of KOTOR 2. Since the Mandalorians Wars were 10 years before KOTOR 2, I think that means the Academy was BEFORE M5.

my sentiments exactly...

What is it Vader says "The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force"

Much like himself I expect it was held together by the darkside. Perhaps in the same way Sion was.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

my sentiments exactly...

I believe Kreia says that the Academy had been around for thousands of years before the events of KOTOR 2. Since the Mandalorians Wars were 10 years before KOTOR 2, I think that means the Academy was BEFORE M5.

Yep. It was Sion who said it, though.