The Murder of HK!!!

i belive it was the scene where he tells t3 about more security features and they get into a fight t3 shocks him. i believe hk shouldve won though, i hope we are talking about the same thing.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

why would he? More than half the Non-Jedi that followed him didnt have the guts to attack and kill a jedi. Hk was an assassin droid im sure Revan wouldput him to good use.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

NP :) its too bad the secuitry system was a buntch of cameras. I wish you could gas your companions, and shock them and stuuf, would be quite funny ( of course they'd get right back up). The security system is lame i really wanted to see the files "left behind" most likely by Revan himself, maybe Revan knew his understudy would inherit the Ebon Hawk? Who knows :geek:

He says that before T3 shocks him, it' s one of the first things he says when you rebuild him and ask him what happened.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

he actually says "how crude" (prety sure) but anyways, i assumed it was HK-50, because in the prologue, it says there is a banging noise coming from inside the hold where hk-47 is, which means he was still active at the time, but afterwards when you get the ebon hawk back, he isnt active, and it does show hk-50 blasting on board when you dock at paragus.

An HK unit is unable to bring harm to another HK unit. It goes against its self-preservation programming or some such. HK tells you this.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Who was it that shot HK?

I remember him saying someone shot him 3 times up close, and that it was "quite rude".

It must have been someone he knew and obeyed, since he got up close to him.

Anyone know?

If you get enough influence with HK he will tell you it was Revan who shot him.

The HK gets shot by T3 was NO flashback, BTW

Who was it that shot HK?

I remember him saying someone shot him 3 times up close, and that it was "quite rude".

It must have been someone he knew and obeyed, since he got up close to him.

Anyone know?

If you get enough influence with HK he will tell you it was Revan who shot him.

The HK gets shot by T3 was NO flashback, BTW

At last, someone who pays attention to the game.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

...because in the prologue, it says there is a banging noise coming from inside the hold where hk-47 is, which means he was still active at the time...

That's actually the HK-50 unit that followed you from the republic ship.

An HK unit is unable to bring harm to another HK unit. It goes against its self-preservation programming or some such. HK tells you this.

HK47 makes this claim. I wouldn't be so sure that the HK50's have the same limitation.

HK47 was unique. One of a kind. HK-50's there's tons of them. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to kill off a malfunctioning HK droid or an HK droid that stands in the way of performing their mission.

Look at the two protocol droids in the Hutt's warehouse. The older droid works with T3 to see to it that his replacement meets his end. I'd imagine that HK50's view HK47 as inferior version of them and decided to decomission that droid.

HK47 makes this claim. I wouldn't be so sure that the HK50's have the same limitation.

HK47 was unique. One of a kind. HK-50's there's tons of them. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to kill off a malfunctioning HK droid or an HK droid that stands in the way of performing their mission.

Look at the two protocol droids in the Hutt's warehouse. The older droid works with T3 to see to it that his replacement meets his end. I'd imagine that HK50's view HK47 as inferior version of them and decided to decomission that droid.

But they are an exact duplicate of him, although mass produced, he could no more harm them as take a blater to himself, which I suspect works both ways.

The droid factory, cut from the game, is basically HK-47 shooting down HK-50s... but maybe that's part of the reason Obsidian cut it, because that didn't fall in line with the "I can't hurt my brothers" thing...

Or something. Can't really judge an unfinished module, of course.

But they are an exact duplicate of him, although mass produced, he could no more harm them as take a blater to himself, which I suspect works both ways.

They're obviously not exact duplicates, since HK-50s talk differently. Also, I believe HK-50 (the one on Peragus) said that it can translate over six thousand languages, where HK-47 tells you that he can only translate six hundred. They may be physically identicle, but clearly there are some changes in the programming. There's no reason to think that there weren't changes in the self-preservation systems as well.

And no, cut dialogue doesn't count.

The droid factory, cut from the game, is basically HK-47 shooting down HK-50s... but maybe that's part of the reason Obsidian cut it, because that didn't fall in line with the "I can't hurt my brothers" thing...

True, but you don't fight HK droids until the second part of the factory, which would have been after shutting down the reactor. And before HK-47 can shut down the reactor, he has to get a droid (name starts with P i think) to operate on his memory core, enabling him to harm other HK units. I think.

Well Taran'Atar, I believe in part one, HK-47 could translate 6,000 languages. Remeber, he did suffer some severe damage. I dont recall wether or not he said his translation capabilities were damaged or not, though.

True, but you don't fight HK droids until the second part of the factory, which would have been after shutting down the reactor. And before HK-47 can shut down the reactor, he has to get a droid (name starts with P i think) to operate on his memory core, enabling him to harm other HK units. I think.

Oh? That may have been a part of the original plot, don't know - but in the droid factory savegame I have, all it took to shut down the reactor was disabling the comlink, so that the other HKs couldn't contact you and remind you that shutting it down was against your programming... :)

Still JMO, but I believe T3 to be responsible.

Revan memory-wiped HK just prior to leaving. But HK is very loyal to Revan and will seek the missing answers, and as such, he is a danger. T3 admits that he deleted some information from his own memory core, but at least in my games, he will not or cannot tell you why. I believe he did that to preserve Revan's secret--to prevent someone from doing what Atris tried to do, pry into his memory banks. He would be the most logical one to stop HK for the same reason. That is his primary directive, programmed by Revan, who was a computer genius (Remember the checks and balances he programmed into the holocomputer on Kashyykk) Bastila's request is just a subroutine, an if/then statement.

HK47 cannot harm the HK50 unit, and vice versa. No one else was on board except you and Kreia, both of whom were incapacitated, perhaps in part because of the bond, the effort it took just to sustain life. HK47, while perfectly capable of destroying T3, completely discounts the little droid as a threat. He doesn't expect it, and therefore is vulnerable to both attacks.

There are some very brief video flashes of T3 acting very nervous when the questioning of HK gets around to what happened to him. (Dwoooo). Others may guess what happened, but HE knows. He was perfectly capable of repairing the ship enough to limp to Peragus. And if he wasn't responsible (if the HK50 was), he would had no problem answering the questions.

An interesting question, though, is why did Bastila's subroutine trigger? Or did it?

Revan probably left the Hawk (including the droids) at Malachor V. 'He didn't need it any more.' He also consulted Kreia again before leaving, and Kreia obviously had made Malachor her home after the wars. She was an historian; she had the knowledge from both Sith and Jedi. Was she training Sion and Nihilous in hopes that they would be able to help Revan, and it backfired? Her students tended to do that. Why not choose Exile from the start? It is strongly inferred that he was another of her Padawans.

Revan knew Exile from the academy, knew his strengths and weaknesses, but he worried that the bonding would be his downfall. Perhaps there is a more personal connection that is not revealed (the sibling theory?) Maybe she went against Revan's wishes in desperation.

Any ideas? And how does Kreia's suggestion that Revan may have been born in the Unknown Regions fit in?