Carth tribute audio

Hehe, from reading the Female Romance thread, I got to thinking about the progression of Carth's dialogue from kotor1 through 2, and I made a little sort of tribute audio piece for anyone interested in him. :geek:

My server's still down, so I uploaded it to YouSendIt:

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BC0G4N...4L374C0K0UO4XX3

I obviously wasn't able to stick in ALL the good quotes (the file's long enough as it is), but I tried to include enough so the listener could kinda get how his feelings grew from the beginning.

The music used is the love theme from Episode II, which I actually think is the most ideal theme for Carth. It's very beautiful, emotional and bittersweet, just like him. :">

I think it proves that Carth's way more the loverboy than Atton, at least in terms of being up front with his feelings.... I still love Atton too, though. :)

Wow that was really good. Now I don't have to replay the game for that line as LS Revan. ^_^. Thanks. It was nice to hear his voce again :D . No, seriously... there were some seriously lacking filrtatious dialogue options in K2.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

If you all like Carth's voice so much , the same voice actor does the 062 character in Starwars Republic Commando!

I've also heard him narate some shows on Discovery channel, he was also a person testifying in court for something on Judging amy, he looked kinda like Carth.

If you all like Carth's voice so much , the same voice actor does the 062 character in Starwars Republic Commando!

I've also heard him narate some shows on Discovery channel, he was also a person testifying in court for something on Judging amy, he looked kinda like Carth.

Yeah, I noticed his voice when I played the Commando demo... :devil:

Also, I know exactly the Judging Amy episode you're talking about! After reading that, I did a search on my tivo for the episode (called "Human Touch") and apparently it'll actually be playing on the 16th on the Hallmark channel. Anyone who likes his voice might be interested to see his acting as well. :D If they ever did a live-action Carth (they won't of course) he'd be perfect.

Hehe, from reading the Female Romance thread, I got to thinking about the progression of Carth's dialogue from kotor1 through 2, and I made a little sort of tribute audio piece for anyone interested in him.  :devil:

My server's still down, so I uploaded it to YouSendIt:

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BC0G4N...4L374C0K0UO4XX3

I obviously wasn't able to stick in ALL the good quotes (the file's long enough as it is), but I tried to include enough so the listener could kinda get how his feelings grew from the beginning.

The music used is the love theme from Episode II, which I actually think is the most ideal theme for Carth.  It's very beautiful, emotional and bittersweet, just like him.  :">

I think it proves that Carth's way more the loverboy than Atton, at least in terms of being up front with his feelings....  I still love Atton too, though.  :)

My god.. this is great.

Where di you get the background music, anyway?

And how did you mix it together?

Ever thought about making a Bastila or Atton one?

I always liked Carth. Him and Jolee made some great companions.

My first LS game, when Carth approached me on Telos, flashbacks of KOTOR 1 came to mind and I just couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy.

He lost everything in the Jedi Civil War, meets Revan, finds new hope, only to lose everything again. :">

Personally, I thought carth was annoying in KOTOR1, and couldn't wait for the DS ending where I could kill him.

hehe, well, to each his own.

But hey, the mix was pretty kickinrad.  I went ahead and MP3'd it, if that's cool with ya:

http://tubertarian.com/temp/KOTOR2-missing...i-carth-mix.mp3

Ahh, I appreciate it, thanks very much! :D

That reminds me, RS was on Without a Trace ( :) one of my favorite shows) last season, ermm, maybe it was this season... at any rate, just keep an eye out for the episode about the guy who believes he was abducted by aliens if it ever comes up (I suppose you can catch it on TNT, as I think they air WaT repeats). Hmm, time to go check out that audio!

That reminds me, RS was on Without a Trace ( o:) one of my favorite shows) last season, ermm, maybe it was this season... at any rate, just keep an eye out for the episode about the guy who believes he was abducted by aliens if it ever comes up (I suppose you can catch it on TNT, as I think they air WaT repeats). Hmm, time to go check out that audio!

Ahhh, I saw that episode! RS was the cousin of the guy who thought aliens were after him. I remember his character was kinda tragic and I had felt bad for him. His voice was very "Carth" in that one... :)

I don't understand why so many people hate Carth. I'm a guy and I thought he was a great character. Although I have to admit, him running away on darkside was COMPLETELY out of character. He was built up to be a huge hero, and I was actually expecting him to be the 'boss' type character representing the republic on dark side, but then he ran away. That was just plain bad writing.

Also, that theme was in Episodes 2? I guess Williams ran out of ideas, because I have the same theme played several times throughout my Hook soundtrack.

I don't understand why so many people hate Carth. I'm a guy and I thought he was a great character. Although I have to admit, him running away on darkside was COMPLETELY out of character. He was built up to be a huge hero, and I was actually expecting him to be the 'boss' type character representing the republic on dark side, but then he ran away. That was just plain bad writing.

Also, that theme was in Episodes 2? I guess Williams ran out of ideas, because I have the same theme played several times throughout my Hook soundtrack.

Heh, the Carth runs away during the DS ending being out of character issue, thought I'd never see that one again! <chuckle> A lot of us went back & forth over that one at the BioWare boards a while back (Carth fans vs. Carth haters, natch :thumbsup:). My argument has always been that Carth running away is part of the DSF ending because Carth has to escape to make it to the Star Forge in an effort to save Revan/stop her (which would've worked even better if the DSF romance ending as originally planned had been in there, not that I would've seen it, still can't make myself go DS).

Unfortunately, this totally screws things up if you're DSM. It would've been nice if they could've programmed for every alternative, in which case Carth could have stood his ground and died a tragic, yet heroic death if the player were DSM.

Summing that up: due to the programming/scripting, to guys Carth's behavior looks like cowardice, whereas for girls he shows up again in a last-ditch heroic effort to save your PC (if thing went right prior to that, hehe). ;)

LOL yes... John Williams has a lot of overlapping themes in his soundtracks, whether he means to or not. There's a load of similarities between his Indiana Jones and SW tracks, just for starters.

The track used is "Across the Stars", the anakin/padme love theme from Episode II

I was originally going to try and make a video with this audio mix (like a montage of the events related to his dialogue) but most of the time there weren't enough interesting shots... and I didn't want it all to be of him just talking back and forth to her, since the character animations are really recycled. :(

• 3 weeks later...