Best Gaming Experience

What device do you think has the bet gaminge experience?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What device do you think has the bet gaminge experience?

• GameCube
    • PS2
    • PC
    • Xbox
    • Nintendo (both new and old)
    • Other

You realise this will get moved to general gaming ? :p

Tough call, between us we have one of each (sometimes two or three).

I'd place the Xbox last just on quantity of games I like.

PS2 probably just ahead of the GC, but the GC has had some really great ones recently and paired up with GBA adapter it might just edge out the PS2.

I've bought maybe 2 PC games over the last year. Dawn of War and the NwN pack for

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, I have a PC with S-Video Out hooked up to my TV, and an Xbox and Gamecube hooked up to the same TV. I also have a 19" LCD and 21" CRT hooked up to the PC and a 25' USB cord that can run PC gamepad, mouse and keyboard to my couch if desired.

Playing KotOR (I don't have KotOR II for Xbox, only PC so far), I could play the game (using the highest persistently smooth resolutions/settings on my comp, here)

1) On Xbox at Xbox resolution via TV, sitting on my couch.

2) On PC at 1024x1280 w/ 2X FSAA and High texture detail, via TV, sitting on my couch.

3) On PC at 1024x1280 w/ 2X FSAA and High texture detail, via 21" CRT.

4) On PC at 1024x1280 w/ 2X FSAA and High texture detail, via 19" LCD.

Generally, I play on the 19" LCD. My computer chair is really more comfortable than my couch, and I have my second computer and monitor next to me, should I wish to look something up, if I'm playing on it.

PC, followed by gamecube, then PS2, then X Box bringing up the rear. I tend not to play many handheld games, but if I do, its usually on my gamecube because I have that one thingie.

This is, of course, because I prefer RPGs and games that show a lot of uniqueness.

As for my favourite system in my gaming setup from the perspective of its game library quality, that would clearly be my computer.

And by "computer," I of course mean my TI 99/4A Home Computer, currently situated at the centre of my gaming setup:

ti99setup2.jpg

No, but seriously, I'm a fan of the oldies. Among consoles, I'm pretty sure each, individually, of my TI99 (esp. Tombstone City and TI Invaders), my Nintendo (esp. Zelda II) and my Super Nintendo (esp. FFVI and Chrono Trigger) has consumed more of my gaming time than all subsequent console systems combined, over the last year.

I prefer more "adult" games with more complex gameplay.

Such as ?

Neverwinter nights, Civilization 3, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (an old game, but I still play it)

edit: though I will admit, the console market has gotten much better lately. With games such as Morrowind, and of course KOTOR 1 and 2. But it just doesn't make much sense for me to own both. when I'm going to have a computer anyways (for the internet).

Though perhaps I could go without upgrading my computer and just buy an X-box. This would forgo me spending a couple hundred dollars every couple of years for Video cards, not to mention other upgrades. And I would do this if the X-box had all the games the PC did.

You realise this will get moved to general gaming ? ;)

Hmm.... never thought of posting it there :p , I never really read anything besides KotOR forums so I just posted it here...

But it cant make to big of a diffrence since in a week or so it will be deleted :-, but hopefully not, this is a great community.

PC wins hands down in my opinion. You get so much functionality with it and the initial money spent doesn't compare to the years you can own the PC.

Everytime a new console is released you'll have to buy said new console to play the games that come with it.

You have to upgrade your PC every year to play some games. Xbox been out for 4 years. New console have about 5 year gap.

Is it 4 years already ?

MS have signed up the guy who used to do FF games to make two RPGs for their new system. So i've gone from being ambivilent to interested over the course of the article.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The PC is pretty much it if you enjoy strategy games. You can't play Rome: Total War on any other platform, so I need my PC. Heck, I built my first PC because I Wanted to play Shogun: Total War.

And I don't think they ever made Fallout for the Nintendo64.

Well I have my laptop for more than 3 years now and it can still play the majority of the games (doom 3 and Hl 2 excluded, but I don't like these games anyway)

plus it can to so much more than a console.

I can surf the net, watch my movies (dvd and divx)

listen to music

do my homework

and other stuff.

So PC hands down.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

And if you compare the X-Box2 to a PC then im simply going to call you a muppet... as it IS a PC <_<

The big difference is it's a standardised unit. If something works on one Xbox it should work on any non damaged one. Thats not the case with PC games because of the myriad of possible setups, different cards etc. Software that the owner may or not be aware of lurking in the background.

It's simply unfeasable to test every game with all but the most common configurations.

478327[/snapback]

Sometime back I couldn't decide between another PC or taking an Xbox. I never had a game console before and the lack of games and having a controler instead of a keyboard seemed like a downside. Turns out the controler for the xbox fits like a glove, I don't miss a keyboard in the least.

I tnink the biggest grip I have with the xbox is that there arent any (decent) mmorpgs on it. For a time there wasa rumour that SWG would be released for the xbox, but for some reason that never came through.

I think I like the Xbox better then the PS2 and GC, because the games on those(as far as I know) are to oriented on the asian market. I really dont like all that manga/super mario crap. Perhaps that isn;t the case at all but thats just what I associate it with.

So my rating is

1) PC

1.5) Xbox

3) PS2/Game Cube

I can't wait for the Xbox 2. I only hope that they for once put all that extra processor power to increasing the gameplay/depth of the games instead of just better looking graphics. I prefer immersiveness over "look-but-dont-touch".

Xbox 2 will have only 256 MB RAM so it will suck just as bad as Xbox because by dec. 2006 1 GB RAM will be standard for PC and you'll have loading loading on Xbox 2.

PS3 looks too good to be true.

Right now PC (with good accessories) is the best gaming experience.