Ideas for kotor 3? returning people? planets?

i want there to be like a huge choice. You can side with the major enemy (and have him/her to work for you!) or side with the Jedi. You could get the other NPC's in your party, and then the last 2 or even 3 slots would be filled with either the sith lords or jedi masters. And their could be a romance plot involving you and one of the jedi/sith. Oh yeah, you can still train NPCs to be jedi or sith, so in the end, your entire party (minus the droids) is sith! (or jedi). Anywho, thats just me.

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Alderaan

Korus Major

Manann or Unknown world

Ithor

New Planet

Yavin

Returning Characters:

Party:

Bastila

Jolee

HK(with Remote)

T3-M4

HandMaiden or Visas Marr

Non-Party:

Mandalore: More important things to do than travel around in the Hawk. He has clans to gather, and war to fight.

Carth

Zaalbar and Mission

Admiral Dodonna

Casus Fett

Calo Nord

Other Stuff:

Influence system should be done away with or changed so that Influence can be gained regardless of alignment.

The Ability to speak to the Senate in the next game would be sweet.

Just to point out - Some people kileld Carth Mission and Zaalbar, so you cant use them.

Everyone killed Calo.

I assume cassus Fett is dead, as you can buy his armor on Dantooine in KOTOR1.

i want there to be like a huge choice. You can side with the major enemy (and have him/her to work for you!) or side with the Jedi. You could get the other NPC's in your party, and then the last 2 or even 3 slots would be filled with either the sith lords or jedi masters. And their could be a romance plot involving you and one of the jedi/sith. Oh yeah, you can still train NPCs to be jedi or sith, so in the end, your entire party (minus the droids) is sith! (or jedi). Anywho, thats just me.

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Alderaan

Korus Major

Manann or Unknown world

Ithor

New Planet

Yavin

Returning Characters:

Party:

Bastila

Jolee

HK(with Remote)

T3-M4

HandMaiden or Visas Marr

Non-Party:

Mandalore: More important things to do than travel around in the Hawk. He has clans to gather, and war to fight.

Carth

Zaalbar and Mission

Admiral Dodonna

Casus Fett

Calo Nord

Other Stuff:

Influence system should be done away with or changed so that Influence can be gained regardless of alignment.

Just to point out - Some people kileld Carth Mission and Zaalbar, so you cant use them.

Everyone killed Calo.

I assume cassus Fett is dead, as you can buy his armor on Dantooine in KOTOR1.

They didn't die on Lightside, so all 3 can make a return in supporting roles.

Cassus is only believed to be dead, which isn't to be BELIEVED in Star Wars.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Oh, okay. But my statement about Fett likely having a few kids with a few people is still highly likely... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Well, whatever happens I don't think we (as the gamer) should ever play as either the Exile or Revan. Perhaps it might be nice to have a character that is related to the films in one way or another, e.g. One of Palpatine's ancestors? I also think it was nice to see how Canderous and Carth had progressed in their careers, so perhaps we could see what Bastilla was upto.

As for the planets, I felt the areas were much brighter and playable in Kotor than in Kotor II, where the planets felt very lonely, empty and dark. Imo not enough characters to interact with.

I would love it if you started the game with the mission to seek out and train a young lad, who is strong in the force and take him on as your apprentice and depending upon your conversation responses he would either respect your leadership and remain loyal in your quest to defeat the sith and restore order or become disillusioned with it and go off to fight with your enemies.

How so? He lived a long life. He probably had plenty of kids.

If you've read a lot of Star Wars meterial a lot of supposidly dead characters always have the chance of a return. Cassus even the better, concidering we never see him or no enough about him. He's only believed to be dead, that doesn't mean he's actually dead.

Perhaps he dropped his armor and blaster, and bounced, so people would THINK he was dead. He probably returned to the Mandalore Sector, or possibly joined back up with the Mandalorian Supercommandos.

No they can't, bringing them back would be making assumptions about peoples character, generally looked upon as a no-no. I killed ALL of them, I would be pretty pissed if OB just up and decided "Ok they are all alive and Revan is lightside" Thats defeating the purpose of a ROLE-PLAYING GAME.

BioWare did that in BGII with Minsc making a return, personally it annoyed me, I hate him. But at least the brought Edwin back too so all's good (in the first one your forced to take one side and kill the other).

That still doesnt explain whyt Calo should come back....

And I already said Cassus is presumed dead, your just repeating me, I never put that out as fact.

Anyway....

No they can't, bringing them back would be making assumptions about peoples character, generally looked upon as a no-no. I killed ALL of them, I would be pretty pissed if OB just up and decided "Ok they are all alive and Revan is lightside" Thats defeating the purpose of a ROLE-PLAYING GAME.

BioWare did that in BGII with Minsc making a return, personally it annoyed me, I hate him. But at least the brought Edwin back too so all's good (in the first one your forced to take one side and kill the other).

And I already said Cassus is presumed dead, your just repeating me, I never put that out as fact.

Anyway....

Well if that is so, then Carth and Bastila shouldn't have been in KOTOR 2. Forgot about that didn't ya slim?

Carth,Zaalbar, and Mission can return as lightside characters on lightside.

Anyway....

Well if that is so, then Carth and Bastila shouldn't have been in KOTOR 2. Forgot about that didn't ya slim?

Carth,Zaalbar, and Mission can return as lightside characters on lightside.

finally someone poimts that out bout carth even if i remember right it was ds female he died

I think it would be interesting if the next game was centred around Bastila, whether she is the forced player character or returns as the main supporting character. Perhaps herself, the exile and the 'new jedi' form a new counsel with the remaining Jedi Masters. Bastila's relationship to Revan is key, and the most complex, she's also one of the more interesting characters.

It would also set up the scenario for Bastila, and whomever travels with her, to search for Revan, whom it's obvious at this stage is the character we all want to see. When the game begins to 'heat up', presumably against this true Sith threat, Revan returns as a playable character to stand against the true Sith, or stand with them, depending on your chosen path.

I feel it's time some assumptions were made about the choices in the early games, otherwise the storyline becomes too convoluted. (I.E Revan and Bastila had a romantic encounter, Revan is a man etc.)

The kind of storyline I've had shaping in my head runs something like this:

- The game's main character and some characters from the TSL begin by flying in by dropship to rescue HK - who inexplicably went on a one-droid smash up mission to the HK factory, and has had his memory core tampered with again....

- Meanwhile the Disciple is rounding up the surviving Jedi to restore the Council - and the when the main character returns from the factory - he/she is sent to round up one of the most prominent Jedi - Bastila (which means she could have been good or evil - you can convince her to turn good if she is evil, evil if she is good (tricking the Council when she returns) and so on and so forth)

- When Bastila/main character return (to Coruscant - it's about time we saw it) - information retrieved by HK-47 alludes to the whereabouts of Revan - though Bastila & co. must uncover a few mysterious events on Coruscant to piece the lot of it together.

- The game should open up from there, allowing the players to search for Revan beyond the Outer Rim, gathering clues etc. until they finally meet him - some events will depend on whether or not Revan was evil/good), but basically you will side with him with the true Sith, or side with him against them.

- The relationship between Revan and the Exile must come into play at some point - and this relationship is key to deceiding the fate of the Galaxy etc.

- The finale ends with a massive invasion of Republic space and either the complete domination of the Republic or the smashing (for the forseeable future) of the Sith

Thats it folks

I would like to see Alderaan, Cinnagar, Ziost, Yavin 4, Cho'dos and Ossus. Some of the integral worlds in the Old Republic era, I also wouldn't mind a trip to the uncharted territories, maybe like Csilla, since the Chiss are a pretty interesting but still very shadowy group.

I would like to see all new worlds, and more of them and please no more Dantooine or Boriban.

As regards to the characters i dont want to see any of the old ones... except maybe HK47 in my party. Keep cameos to a minimum personally i dont really care about exile or revan or their buddies.

Storywise - i would like one please, preferably without holes and also with less use of the word "echo" I dont think it should be tied into the previous KOtors too closely. It should be a parallel storyline that ties into the true sith thing. Please no "Desperately Seeking Revan Part 2"

Themes of the Kotor Series thus Far:

1: Redemption

2: Echoes/Dealing with the past (Not so much for Redemption, though)

Personally I would like:

3: Rounding everything up, with a big battle scene, and the ending summing up the WHOLE point of Kotor in my mind: Sometimes you have to do what you know is right, even if it gets you in trouble (exiled, Darth-ed).

The PC's have been:

1: Prodigy

2: Paradox

I would like:

3: Person!

I want to be an average shmoe, sent to find out what the heck happened to Revan. Bastila and Male LS Revan should be a part (if he dies, she either promises to hold to the light and finish his work, or dies with him).

I'm willing to wait for Kotor III until 2007 ish. Until then, I'm going into Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights...

:ph34r: :) :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I personally would like to see the new Council. The Council in K2 only consisted of Vrook, Zez Kai Ell, Atris, Kavar and Vash. I know there were more but I would like to see a full 12 member Council that would most likely contain Disciple and Handmaiden hopefully Atton, Visas, Mira and Bao Dur will be on it despite what Kreia tells you.

Planets:

Coruscant

Mandalore

Alderaan

Korus Major

Manann or Unknown world

Ithor

New Planet

Yavin

Returning Characters:

Party:

Bastila

Jolee

HK(with Remote)

T3-M4

HandMaiden or Visas Marr

Non-Party:

Carth

Zaalbar and Mission

Admiral Dodonna

Casus Fett

Calo Nord

Other Stuff:

yeah i agree with this man a good bit, BUT i dont think they should get rid of the influence system, but like you said they should kinda rinder it a bit. For example(like you said), i hated how if you were dark and you did something bad you lost influence.

another thing that should be added is apprentices. Now admit that kotor2's apprentices sucked balls. THey werent even really apprentices. Longer game, better music, better graphics, and a billion more stuff

what I still don't understand is how everyone expects KotOR III to be a lot longer. I mean, you can only fit so much data on a DVD. Like the data DVD's that I bought just for a rainy day, they have a 4.7 GB capacity. Both KotOR 1 and 2 take up approximately 4 GB of harddrive space, so that leaves .7 GB of room for the Xbox version. And a lot of the data in the KotOR 1 and 2 folders is compressed already, so what's going to happen with the Xbox/Xbox 2 version of KotOR III? Put it on 2 disks? I don't think very many people are going to go for that.

*Travel to Coruscant*.......*Please Insert Disk 2*. That kind of sh*t worked for games like Final Fantasy 9 on PlayStation 1 because once you got so far, you couldn't go back. (I loved that game) But I guess if they had to, they could put the just the first planet on it's own disk since it gets blown up anyway. Taris, Peragus.

Really, the size of KotOR III is limited to whatever an Xbox/Xbox 2 Disk can hold. With PC, there's pretty much no limit. But a reasonable limit would be 10 GB.

Would you guys just ditch your childish little video game consoles and get something that can do more than play video games? it's time to grow out of the "Nintendo, Atari Era" Sheesh!

I'm just joking, of course. I actually own a Super Nintendo and think a gamepad beats a keyboard any day.

A little off topic but...... 4.7GB is the capacity of a single layered DVD i dont know much about Xbox but can it read dual layered DVDs? If so then problem of size is taken care of.. If Xbox 2 uses one of the new HD-DVD formats then there is no problem at all if K3 is to be released specifically for that console.

what I still don't understand is how everyone expects KotOR III to be a lot longer. I

Really, the size of KotOR III is limited to whatever an Xbox/Xbox 2 Disk can hold. With PC, there's pretty much no limit. But a reasonable limit would be 10 GB.

Longer RPG's =good....Maybe they could just make #3 for the PC then? (w00t)

hehe...j/king...I am just one of those who enjoy the heck out of long RPG's.

Cheers,

FD

what I still don't understand is how everyone expects KotOR III to be a lot longer. I

Longer RPG's =good....Maybe they could just make #3 for the PC then? (w00t)

hehe...j/king...I am just one of those who enjoy the heck out of long RPG's.

Cheers,

FD

you're damn skippy, longer RPG's are good! and you read my mind: make KotOR 3 for PC only. Tool releases there albums only once every five or so years, and what do you know? Every one of them is incredible, IMNSHO. "They" need to spend 2 or 3 (or 4) years on KotOR 3, make it at least 1 1/2 times longer ( 60 hours rather than 40) and, you know what? As long as it's good, I wouldn't care if they sold it for $60 or $70.