The Cyan Crystal

Hmmm...I didn't find it from that salvager. I did find it in a metal box at the academy on Malachor V though!

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

hence the whole 'random' part of random drop system :thumbsup: (meaning it may never be in the same spot more than once... other than while doing multiple loading)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

There is a definite, but subtle, difference between the orange and the bronze crystals. The bronze color is a little darker in tone than the orange. If you put an orange-colored lightsaber in one hand and a bronze-colored lightsaber in the other, the orange one will look very bright and vibrant while the bronze one looks more like an orange-brown color. Truthfully, it almost looks like a rust color. This is one of the few ways I know of differentiating the two.

PS. Yes, my TV supports the Green/Blue/Red Component Video inputs and I'm using that instead of the classic Yellow RCA or S-Video inputs. That may be why I'm noticing a difference in the color while those using the S-Video or other input connections are not. Don't worry, either way you aren't missing much. They are too close in color to really care!

Bao-Dur with a double-bladed cyan lightsaber and equipped with that Krath heavy armour looks f***** cool.[/geek moment]

But one crystal I've only found once in all of my playthroughs has been the silver crystal. It was on a corpse on Malachor V.

I would love to get this crystal early in the game so that I can enjoy it. :)

once agian finding these crystals is all random... heck I played through an entire game and never found a power crystal (NOT ONE!!!) even in the crystal caves. Mind you I had tons of colour crystals but no power crystals :) sometimes the random loot system sucks other times its great (also on a side note to those with the xbox if you do the multiple reload thing to often your game will freeze and possibly destroy a game save, so always make double saves if your going to do it).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

There is a room at the Onderron Palace right at the end of one of the two main corridors. I found a silver crystal and bronze double-bladed lightsabre there...very cool. Silver crystal produces a white beam, like an uncoloured lightsabre.

As far as crystals are concerned, the randomization can be like a cruel devine joke.

On some games I would receive nothing but purple sabers and run of the mill color crystals when what I wanted was cyan. In another game, I finally got a cyan crystal, learned that it was buggy (unless it was in your off-hand saber), and decided that I didn't really like it all that much. After that, all I would receive were cyan sabers.

Cyan's bugged as hell in both PC and Xbox versions. I played both. It would ignite and stay ignite until I made the character switch weapons and then it'll shut off and stay shut until the next ignition and bugs again.

its beautiful color though and my favorite.

One way you can ensure you DO get one is, find a vendor who sells crystals and save just prior to browsing their inventory. Then just reload and check as needed.

It's a pain in the butt, but it's a guaranteed way of making sure you get one.

I believe you can do this as early as Telos.

Dantooine (the jedi junk vendor), and Nar Shaada (Geeta the rodian) are probably the best places. In fact, for me, Geeta usually has one for sale (silver that is)

you can get crystals at any vendor it just takes time for them to show up in the inventory (saying you do the multiple reload thing).

AscendedPaladin.png