Female romance discussion

In II it's possible to get a scene with Visas where she declares her love for you ect.  Is there a simular Atton scene?  Cause I havn't seen one, but would very much like to!

Well, he eventually asks you to make him something he used to despise the most -- a Jedi -- so he can "protect you or at least buy you some time when it matters" ... it's not exactly outright "omg i luuuuuuuv you so much i'd die for you" declaration, but with the guy like Atton it's probably as close as it gets. (i didn't really feel a need to require more from him, anyway :s

*sigh*

Sith love - I love you, I will kill you...

:geek:  that conversation, esp since I  :)  Darth Sion's voice.

Hah! I thought I was the only one! I too thought that scene was great, it brough a tear to my eye to hear him say that the Exile was beautiful to him, and it really made it easy to persuade him to let go of the Force and be in peace. Atton, you've got some competition!

Hah! I thought I was the only one! I too thought that scene was great, it brough a tear to my eye to hear him say that the Exile was beautiful to him, and it really made it easy to persuade him to let go of the Force and be in peace.

Loved that part, i mostly blame the voice acting here... :">

Question:

If you play a female in TSL... Does Atris still have feelings for you as part of you (the Exile) and her backstory?

I know if you are a male that it is inffered that you and Atris were an item and that she felt betrayed and abandoned (in not so many words) when you went to war with Revan and defied the Council.

I'm just wondering because that would seem really... Well... "Controversial" (at least in the U.S.) given the Teen rating of the game...

Just like Juhani's "admiration" for the female Revan was... But of course, they hid this "romance" so far into the game that it did come as a surprise if you played it right and didn't make a big deal of it as to draw attention to itself.

In II it's possible to get a scene with Visas where she declares her love for you ect.  Is there a simular Atton scene?  Cause I havn't seen one, but would very much like to!

I'm playing my second game using cheat sheets to make sure I have max Atton influence all the way, hopefully I'll see something new but it seems doubtfull...

Well...there is a bittersweet scene in which Atton confesses that he loves you, but it's part of the endgame material that was cut...

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

I wasn't particularly impressed with the romance options myself, but I think that might be because the romance options are one of the last priorities for development and KOTOR 2 wasn't completely finished.

Female PC: The lines from Atton that were left in the game were nice at first, but as the game progressed, he just got defensive about the Disciple, whom the game picked as my interest despite me actively avoiding the Disciple. For the most part, I couldn't stand the Disciple, although he might be more tolerable if you're playing darkside and corrupt him a bit..I played a LS female PC. The cut dialog with Atton at the ending was really touching, and I miss it.

I've heard rumors that Visas is a romance option for female PCs, but I never got anything that hinted so. She worships the PC because she has a very submissive personality and you're fairly radiating strength. And later, she respects you for what you've done. But I got no hints that she was inclined to kiss the PC, although I think I'd have preferred her over Atton as-is. If the cut dialog for Atton were restored, yay Atton.

Male PC: You've got Visas and the Handmaiden bickering with each other and Mira wisely wanting to stay out of the whole mess. Yay. I don't know how I feel about this one. It's a bit more balanced, but the male romances also feel unfinished.

Romances are a nice 'polish' to the game, something that isn't a central part of it but adds something extra. As someone at Bioware once said, perhaps David Gaider himself, 'We could only focus more on the romances if we made them the central focus of the game.' All the same, they give depth to the characters and if done right, really make you care. In KOTOR 1 I had moments where I disliked both Carth and Bastila, but in the end, the feelings displayed in-game felt real, and they moved me. KOTOR 2 left me wondering about how things could have been.

I Love Carth :shifty:

I sure do hope they bring back atton for the next one. If they cut out his dying love scene then they should just bring him back so he can have the chance to know what *love* really is with our exile. (or give us Bao-Dur ;) )

I think that would make up for not having a good relationship ending or relationship at all in this game

But didn't Kreia foretell that both Revan and the Exile had to go to some place where they cannot take their beloved ones with them?  :'(  Not a good sign for any of the KotOR II romances to be continued ...

You still trust Kreia?? :shifty:

Anyways... I think they could have taken the exile and Atris' history a little further than it went (as far as i know, at least)

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

But didn't Kreia foretell that both Revan and the Exile had to go to some place where they cannot take their beloved ones with them?  :'(  Not a good sign for any of the KotOR II romances to be continued ...

She did, yes, but consider:

1) Atton/Bao-Dur as Jedi probably would be able to come along, because force users would be invaluable to Revan's fight

2) The Exile needs a pilot...right?

Look at all the Bao-Dur lovers here! :wub: Ladies... do we have taste or what? For the longest time I was the only one and even had one of the guys ask me if I was serious when I said that I thought he was the cutest thing! :D

I think the fact the Kriea can't see Bao-Dur at all bodes well for him in KotOR3... if they bring back the Exile at all. :thumbsup:

I simply cannot imagine the Exile, without Bao Dur nearby.

They just have entirely too much in common, and the backdrop story between the two runs far deeper then any other KOTOR storyline.

Besides, LS or DS, the only one you can truly count on, no matter what, is Bao Dur.

I wish there were more women in the devlopment teams of RPG games to help with CG character creation and plots.

If your PC is female in KoTOR2, I don't think you get the same treatment as your male counterpart. The game isn't as polished as for male PCs.

*** I apologise in advance if what I'm about to say offends you ***

Your romantic options are a bit limited, and second you get... Disciple. Come on people, why couldn't we have the male equivalent of the Handmaiden? No offence, but Disciple isn't an exactly good looking CG character. One of the male PC templates would have been better... As for his conversations, they aren't that bad but they're a bit lame. I think his character would be more suited in a "Knights of the Round Table" RPG. He's a too nice, in a surreal way... Is he supposed to be a woman's ideal man? (hope the upcoming patch gives you the option to shoot him :thumbsup: )

Atton is a nice character but there just aren't enough dialogues with him.

Bao-Dur is a cool character, but there's nothing happening with the guy.

Just my thoughts anyway.

I'd definately like it if there were more choice in the romance options - and real choice, not just who the game decides is your love.

I mean, I'm sure there's women who'd prefer the Disciple (I don't know any myself lol), but I adore Bao, and Atton is second. (But a nice second). It seems to an outsider to the game-creation process it would be simple enough to have, for instance, Mira briefly quiz the Exile on who she likes and go from there.

It seems to an outsider to the game-creation process it would be simple enough to have, for instance, Mira briefly quiz the Exile on who she likes and go from there.

Heck, there even is dialogue branch for Mira already where you can talk about 'understanding men' with her ... it'd make perfect spot to insert more dialogue to let one express whom they find most interesting, there... >_<"

It seems to an outsider to the game-creation process it would be simple enough to have, for instance, Mira briefly quiz the Exile on who she likes and go from there.

Heck, there even is dialogue branch for Mira already where you can talk about 'understanding men' with her ... it'd make perfect spot to insert more dialogue to let one express whom they find most interesting, there... >_<"

Maybe that was their plan but they never got the time to develop the code behind it? That would have made perfect sense though. Pity...

But didn't Kreia foretell that both Revan and the Exile had to go to some place where they cannot take their beloved ones with them?  Not a good sign for any of the KotOR II romances to be continued ...

You still trust Kreia?? ;)

Yes, I do; the moment she died she probably said the truth. - And even before: she never lied to me ... although I have to admit that she lied to the Handmaiden.

I think the fact the Kriea can't see Bao-Dur at all bodes well for him in KotOR3... if they bring back the Exile at all.  :thumbsup:

Hmmm ... now that sounds convincing. If she can't tell anything about Bao-Dur, then there's really some hope that Bao-Dur can be back in KotOR III, and can go with the Exile (or the next Hero) to the Ends of the Galaxy and beyond.

Yes, General! ;)

I like Atton (second to his Carth-ness, whom I adore :o ), but Bao-Dur's got a nice voice. Now, if only he'd use it more often aside from that "Yes, General" line. <chuckle> Back to Bao's fate, maybe the fact that Kreia couldn't see anything about his future was due to the fact that she couldn't read his thoughts at all! If you will recall, during one of those telepathy lessons with Kreia you're able to hear Bao-Dur's thoughts whereas Kreia cannot.

After the lesson, she mentions something about Bao-Dur's thoughts being too alien & whatnot, but you can tell her that you were able to hear him (or lie about being able to hear him if you want to). I've always wondered if that was meant to have some sort of impact on Malachor V if the original ending had been implemented, but I digress! Bao might still be alive after all and is just "invisible" to Kreia. However, I must say that the holo that the remote played on Mal V does have me worried about Bao's fate. Oh well, I guess I can pretend that he was just knocked unconscious on the Hawk or something after it fell into that chasm, yep, I'll just go with that one! ;)

If your PC is female in KoTOR2, I don't think you get the same treatment as your male counterpart. The game isn't as polished as for male PCs.

I'm playing the game now as a male to be able to compare the romances for myself. At any rate, I have to agree with you that the male romances seem to be far more polished than the female ones. For example, if you gain high enough influence with the Handmaiden and convert her into a Jedi, there are several cutscenes with Atris on Telos displaying her reaction to it; there is no such thing for a female exile. It's a bit strange, really, because you might think that in developing a game that is played by both men and women, that the developers would assume women would have a greater interest in the emotional elements of the game...and yet they pretty much get shafted.

I definitely think there should be more female developers. Especially, for CRPG games.

I am a male... But even I get tired of the stereotypical "tough gal with a heart of gold" that Mira and the Handmaiden (to some extent) exhibit, or the passive-submissive routine that Visas represents. It is not realistic... Even in the RPG, fantasy-sense... And actually very unappealing to be blunt.

I know that games are primarily targeted at teen boys... Especially, console games which is where the KOTOR series originates... And maybe these stereotypical romance options (for males) are "appealing" to them, but to someone like myself who is in their 30s, they just come off as childish and immature to be blunt...

And I think it is because there aren't enough female developers to give their input on what a REAL relationship entails for both males and females, respectively.

The best example would be ones that grow out of mutal friendship and trust and then evolve into something more. Obviously, for a game it will be accelerated, but that was basically how the romances in the first KOTOR were and it did seem more organic and natural then the obvious archetypes that TSL throws at you.