Female romance discussion

I certainly enjoy romances in RPGs, just as many other people also seem to. I've read through most of the threads regarding the romance options here, and I agree that it's a little disappointing the way they're never really resolved.

I also noticed that many people are of the opinion that the Carth relationship in KotOR1 was a lot more flirtatious and contained a lot more content. I never actually played a female Revan, so I reinstalled the game a couple of days ago and played right through as a female. I took Carth with me everywhere and talked to him as much as possible.

Well, between from the 'beautiful' line on Taris and the very end declaration of love, I didn't see any real flirting at all. The rest of the conversations, involving his desire for revenge and rescuing his son Dustil, were exactly the same as when playing a male Revan.

I actually think there's more romantic content in KotOR2, despite the romances never really coming to anything. Between Mira's comments, the cut scenes between Disciple and Atton, and a few lines of Atton's, there's quite a lot of romantic subplot revealed.

Did I miss something in KotOR1, or is it really the final end scene and declaration of love that everyone means when they say the romance in KotOR1 was better?

There are some dialogue choices throughout the game that will have Carth respond in a flirtatious manner, allowing the PC to respond in kind. An example is when he finally apologizes for distrusting your character and you reply with "Is that your idea of an apology?" and it goes on from there to include an exchange suggesting a make-up kiss or something. :geek: That's only one example, mind you, and sometimes the dialogue choices aren't always obvious as to what will spawn the flirting.

Having played the Carth romance extensively in Kotor 1, and what passes for romance in Kotor 2, I have to disagree with your assessment. Though I really enjoyed the Atton/Disciple banter and cutscenes, in reality, those don't involve Atton and the Exile at all; they don't further the "relationship" itself. I wish that after having made him a Jedi with full influence that there would have been more dialogue options with him.

There are some dialogue choices throughout the game that will have Carth respond in a flirtatious manner, allowing the PC to respond in kind.

Many of these dialogue options look like nasty DS insults, if you skim them too quickly and don't think about how they might be said. If you always choose the most goody-goody LS milksop option, you can miss the flirting altogether.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There are some dialogue choices throughout the game that will have Carth respond in a flirtatious manner, allowing the PC to respond in kind.

Many of these dialogue options look like nasty DS insults, if you skim them too quickly and don't think about how they might be said. If you always choose the most goody-goody LS milksop option, you can miss the flirting altogether.

Be that as it may, they do exist. :geek:

Tease him! Poke fun at him! Try to ridiculize him - and he will retaliate. What a wonderful man ...  :o

lol, yeah... at a certain point he threatens to put you over his knee for a spanking when you're saying mean/naughty things. :">

Okay ... today, I started my first KotOR II: TSL game with a female character. I'm standing in front of Atton's cell ... I have not yet opened it ... and I'm really really nervous.  :">

The best advice I can give you is not to come to the spoiler's forum until you've finished your first play through. Believe me, it will go fast enough as it is...

Unless you get stuck, of course, in which case, very happy to help!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Indeed. I missed most of the very flirty dialogs on my first play through, as I just by habit chose the most supportive and understanding options most of the times. Then, while digging around in the dialog files after my first play through, I stumbled upon a section where he (with a combination of interest and amusement) says, "I don't know. What am I going to have to do for it?"

I just HAD to replay the game to hear him say that in context. Heh. That's my favorite part now. There's also his "Now that I'd like to see. Or would I..." response to another suggestion you can make.

:p

Anyway, I liked Atton a great deal, but I also would have liked more talks with him after he opens up about his past.

Okay ... today, I started my first KotOR II: TSL game with a female character.

The best advice I can give you is not to come to the spoiler's forum until you've finished your first play through. Believe me, it will go fast enough as it is...

Unless you get stuck, of course, in which case, very happy to help!

Thank you, you are kind. :p But it's not my first playthrough ... I think I've already beaten the game half a dozen times with a male character. But it's my first female playthrough, and I'm curious to see what's different.

Heh heh.

Carth is written much like I wish Anomen had been written. They were both Little Boy Scouts... so Lawful Good and squeeky clean! o:) But one "Get over yourself!" to Ano and he drops you like a hot potato. You have to coddle the man if you want to get to the good stuff. ;) Now, the Carthi-licous One :wub: *sigh*, you get to actually make REAL responses to him and as long as you aren't nasty when he talks about his wife or his son, all is well and he certainly does give as well as he gets! :thumbsup:

I imagine a Bao-Dur :wub: romance would be very much like that, too. LOL... you had to know that that was coming!! :-"

I also remember a conversation with Carth where he expresses his admiration for your fighting skills and the way you handle yourself. You get to ask if he's made any other observations and he says something to the effect of "yes, but I hope you'll let me keep those to myself, if you don't mind."

I also remember a conversation with Carth where he expresses his admiration for your fighting skills and the way you handle yourself. You get to ask if he's made any other observations and he says something to the effect of "yes, but I hope you'll let me keep those to myself, if you don't mind."

Now that one I do remember...

Oh well, I suppose I'm just going to have to play through it again. Such a shame! :thumbsup:

Now that one I do remember...

Oh well, I suppose I'm just going to have to play through it again. Such a shame! :p

"I wasn't ogling you, I was just...admiring you.."

Carth is the best ! :D

I didn't get a scrap of romance from Carth in the first one. In fact, I was under the impression that you had to play as a guy to get a romantic side story.

At the end of II when Carth was saying that Revan loved him I was thinking, 'the hell I did!'

In II it's possible to get a scene with Visas where she declares her love for you ect. Is there a simular Atton scene? Cause I havn't seen one, but would very much like to!

I'm playing my second game using cheat sheets to make sure I have max Atton influence all the way, hopefully I'll see something new but it seems doubtfull...

And what about Bao-dur? If possible, I'd like to make him call me General! Oh wait, he does that anyway...

*sigh* 49 hours of gameplay and I still feel unsatisfied...

In II it's possible to get a scene with Visas where she declares her love for you ect.  Is there a simular Atton scene?  Cause I havn't seen one, but would very much like to!

*sigh* 49 hours of gameplay and I still feel unsatisfied...

Sorry, female PC's fon't get any such declarations of love.