don't call it "content patch",

and sell it online for 5 bucks. Wouldn't that make it worthwhile?

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

I think a 'contentment patch' would be a more suitable name. :thumbsup:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

'Conent Patch' would be the appropriate term as the previous story would merely being amended. An 'Expansion Pack' generally would entail a further camapaign(s) being added.

I disagree you're not patching the content your putting efffectively brand new stuff in. It would be adding new campaigns in. Just because there are bits of files that are unused doesn't make it a patch because these bits of files are not in the game so putting them into the game would be, for all intents and purposes, puttng brand new matierial in.

If the Droid Factory/Planet was restored then that would be a new campaign, but I agree so much as simply changing the ending would not be a 'new campaign'.

'Conent Patch' would be the appropriate term as the previous story would merely being amended. An 'Expansion Pack' generally would entail a further camapaign(s) being added.

I disagree you're not patching the content your putting efffectively brand new stuff in. It would be adding new campaigns in. Just because there are bits of files that are unused doesn't make it a patch because these bits of files are not in the game so putting them into the game would be, for all intents and purposes, puttng brand new matierial in.

If the Droid Factory/Planet was restored then that would be a new campaign, but I agree so much as simply changing the ending would not be a 'new campaign'.

yeah but they were ment 2 b in the game so its a patch 2 readd the planet/factory.

(rumor ha it that the factory is the telos military base sub-levels) more info on lucasarts forums

It would still be the same story and same game, and therefore a content patch. Think of it more as a 'Game of the Year edition' as opposed to a 'Throne of Bhaal'-esque exapansion pack, which is a different game. :geek:

manthing2.jpg

and sell it online for 5 bucks. Wouldn't that make it worthwhile?

I strongly disagree with the possiblity to have to pay more to have the game as it should always have benn. In the current state, TSL is an excellent beta with still some glitches. I refuse to have to pay a few bucks more to get the 1.0 (in sense the real final version) patch. Lucas Arts is not Sony Online Entertainment.

It's a total waste of time beyond a good will exercise. And while it may generate some here it will have a much worse effect on XBox users.

It may even be grounds for legal action since you are not adding bonus material but rather material that should have been included in the first place (thats only if you fess up and make a content patch). Otherwise the game is complete as is and thats that. The fact a few cut files got left behind dosnt change that.

Bottom line it's not worth it. Weather the storm and move on. Did putting all that effort into TOL help make IWD II a success , no it didnt, regardless of how much people on the boards appreciated it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Are you aware of the XBox live? It is the way for XBox owner to get this additionnal content.

Xbox live isnt universal same as the internet. Which means your not going to reach everyone who bought the game. The games also have to be live compatible, and I dont think KOTOR II is.

MS WILL NOT allow patches via live and whichever way you spin it this is what this would be. With the exception of the HK factory alone, which you could call additional bonus content and get away with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

exactly, that's my point.

saying "it's a patch coz it should've been there in the first place" is innane, things get cut from games all the time, all the retards around here just have to deal with that

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

The whole issue with the XBox being unable to patch content is really disheartening. I do not own a console, but I think I read the the XBox is outfitted with a rather large harddrive. Why is it not possible to patch the game like the PC, i.e. by overwriting old files and introducing new ones ? I don't fully grasp the technical limitations of the XBox, which is supposed to be very similar to a PC.

It would be very risky to develop a PC only content patch, as I expect that a major part of XBox customers would refuse to buy any other Obisidan product in the near future, and honestly, I think I would, too. Although there is not much in denying that the game was rushed as it clearly shows. Only solution I see to this problem is to ship updated versions to registered XBox KotOR 2 owners for a price which would only cover their costs without any profit margin.

'Content Patch' would be the appropriate term as the previous story would merely being amended. An 'Expansion Pack' generally would entail a further camapaign(s) being added.

It depends how you use the word 'patch'. For me, it implies fixing something that's broken - so you get a 'bug fix' patch to resolve technical problems. But the content of Kotor 2 isn't broken, it's just not as good as it could have been. Referring to a content 'patch' might be taken as an admission that there was something defective about the original, which could have repercussions for Obsidian's reputation. Better to talk about an 'add-on' with 'alternative pathways', and 'additional endings', and so on.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I strongly disagree with the possiblity to have to pay more to have the game as it should always have benn. In the current state, TSL is an excellent beta with still some glitches. I refuse to have to pay a few bucks more to get the 1.0 (in sense the real final version) patch. Lucas Arts is not Sony Online Entertainment.

Well, I, for one, wouldn't mind paying a little extra to get the game as it was meant to be (or, at least, closer to how it was meant to be :lol:" ). I could care less what they call it <_<.

It may even be grounds for legal action since you are not adding bonus material but rather material that should have been included in the first place

You have a very odd notion of what constitutes grounds for litigation.

Technically, a XBox a (now very low end) PC. Patching the content could me more difficult in the sense the games are still completely on the disc and you have to find a way to say them to look at the new content. But BioWare did this with the bonus planet of KotOR I, it is possible then.

It may even be grounds for legal action since you are not adding bonus material but rather material that should have been included in the first place

not really, if the game was supposed to be the same on both systems and the contract was signed to the effect it's breeching the contract to change only one game. Tech issues aside since I'm sure everyone realises that patching a PC game after release is pretty much standard practice these days.

I see it working something like this.

MS to LA - no more Xbox games for you

LA - Obsidian no more SW games for you

478327[/snapback]

Um, why would microsoft or LucasArts do that?

First, every patch or expansion has to be greenlighted by LucasArts, therefore it would be their decision and they would have no reason to punish Obsidian.

Second, microsoft would be very stupid to stop selling LucasArts products, as Star Wars games are top sellers and microsoft needs everything they can get against sony and nintendo.

Things that were cut are not included in a product, therefore they were not material that "should have been included in the first place". If LucasArts says "that's the finished version", then microsoft can't do anything about it.

It's not microsofts decision on what is included in a game they didn't produce themselves.

not really, if the game was supposed to be the same on both systems and the contract was signed to the effect it's breeching the contract to change only one game. Tech issues aside since I'm sure everyone realises that patching a PC game after release is pretty much standard practice these days.

I see it working something like this.

MS to LA - no more Xbox games for you

LA - Obsidian no more SW games for you

There is no way on God's Green Earth that you could make that stand up in a court of law.

What contract did you sign? You have a right for a game to run (if you meet the published and offical basic specs) and not to damage your system but thats about the only legal cover you've got. You buying a game which has elements you don't like is not basis for legal action.

Apart from which the versions are not connected legally. Both versions are separte games that, importantly, are designed to run on two seperate and incompatible hardware platforms.

KOTOR:TSL on PC is not the same game as KOTOR:TSL on Xbox. Sure they have the same story but it isn't the same code - and also they aren't the same price.

Simply they are not the same product.

There is no way on God's Green Earth that you could make that stand up in a court of law.

Both versions are separte games that, importantly, are designed to run on two seperate and incompatible/i] hardware platforms.

KOTOR:TSL on PC is not the same game as KOTOR:TSL on Xbox. Sure they have the same story but it isn't the same code - and also they aren't the same price.

Simply they are not the same product.

You may be right. But if they are contracted to have the same "content" thats whats important. After the Yavin station thing, that may have been something MS "requested". So that people did not wait for the PC version.

478327[/snapback]

Microsoft themselves frown upon patching xbox games, unless it's online bug related and even then they don't seem to like it.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

The Xboxers need to grow up and not act like spoilt children just because they can't have something their bigger brother is getting.

Well just to spin that back around PC owners should grow up and stop demanding preferencial treatment. :o

Look at this way. Obsidian has a whole planet partially done for KOTOR III and can continue the HK story by sticking the factory somewhere else.

As for the "ending" well unless all the VO is complete(dosnt look like it is), it's not going to happen because it would mean recalling the VOT for more lines. And these are some of the top VOT in the business so I dont expect you can just call them up and ask them to drop by.

478327[/snapback]