Diciple or Handmaiden?

Who gives the best advantage to the PC?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who gives the best advantage to the PC?

• Diciple
    • Handmaiden
    • Don't know
    • Go space your self!

This topic is not about the choice of a male/female PC. What i want to know is do you think the 'meditation' that the Diciple gives the PC is better than the battle precognition that the PC gets from the Handmaiden?

So please no flaming about gender choice. :thumbsup:

Oh by the way, i much prefer the battle precognition, especially as a consular, which adds your wisdom bonus to your defense. :D

Edited by Darth Sun_Tzu

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If you are a Consular, or in any way have a decent to high wisdom bonus, Handmadien is the best choice.

If you aren't a Consular, or have a low wisdom score, then you aren't going to be using a whole lot of Force powers in all likelyhood, so the Meditation doesn't really matter that much, especially if you are LS and get the endgame LS power.

Handmaiden's boost is the best, hands down.

Whether you boost your wisdom ultra high or not, the defense bonus is great for all classes.

And since T3 offers the same meditation bonus that Disciple does, the female PCs don't really get anything extra. If anything, their games are harder.

I prefer the Handmaiden both as character and as melee fighter. No, I don't say this because of her black lingerie underwear: as a matter of fact I always had her wear the white robes she had at the Telos academy.

Anyway, give her the "frenzy" feat combined with lightsaber finesse and boost her dexterity to 20-22; this, combined with a double bladed lightsaber, turns her into the most deadly melee character.

i havent played as a female yet...what does disciples meditation do?

It replenishes your force points.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

And since T3 offers the same meditation bonus that Disciple does

No T3's is different, it is to restore T3's hit points.

I actually prefer Disciple in my party for different reasons than most.

First, the game is so easy, that you don't really need all the advantages you can get...

Second, from a roleplaying perspective, it pissed me off, that I ended up with half a shipload of Jedis towards the end of the game. What happened to the Master/Apprentice thing ? How many masters travel along with an entire entourage of apprentices ?!? :wacko:

So in my third game, I decided to try the female/evil way which game me Hanharr and Disciple, it was actually more "fun", especially since it gave a genuine soldier with the ability to use some of all those rifles and heavy armours out there. I simply didn't try to gain influence with him and just leveled him up as a soldier.

Not to mention, Hanharr has to be one of the coolest and most interesting characters I have run across for a very long time. Thats one wookie with an interesting backstory (I hated the whiny wookies with a passion in the first game).

And it meant two less jedis in my party :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I hate to spoil your fun, Gorth, but you can train Disciple to be a Jedi.

I know :p

But I deliberately don't do it. Especially since I'm *so* evil and hate the republic...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Especially since I'm *so* evil and hate the republic...

That's irrelevant. Once your influence with him reaches critical levels (10 according to the script) it's as if you had "broken" him, and the influence checks begin to succeed. That way you can make him a Force user. I don't think you make them Jedi in any way.

On topic. I like the Handmaiden better. But then again, I don't play Force-spammer builds, so I don't have much use for Disciple's meditation.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What happened to the Master/Apprentice thing ? How many masters travel along with an entire entourage of apprentices ?!? :p

Yes this disapointed me also as well as the whole lightsabre thing. They said it would be a more significant thing this time but all you did was 'find' the parts then you got it, not really any better than the first game really.

Handmaiden is easier to influence than Disciple and besides I get sick of hearing that 'you have left me an opening' he yells everytime in combat.

Handmaiden is also a better fighter and gets as extra the Echani strikes, there are no such advantages with the Disciple so becos of the bonuses Handmaiden all the way.

-jim

Handmaiden is easier to influence than Disciple and besides I get sick of hearing that 'you have left me an opening' he yells everytime in combat.

Now you've reminded me, it was kind of annoying.