Revan's fate in KotOR 3 (or later)

How do you want Revan to finish off his/her role in the KotOR story (in K3 or otherwise) ? Read topic header first before voting  

154 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want Revan to finish off his/her role in the KotOR story (in K3 or otherwise) ? Read topic header first before voting

• Unknown. (ala KotOR II)
    • Tells your character to tell Bastila/Carth he won't return
    • Returns to Republic space, back to Bastila/Carth?
    • Dies/Died, either by sacrafice, or by fighting
    • Dies by player's hand
    • Other (Post)

KotOR II left Revan's journey and fate pretty open - it was all the talk and background of why he left, but it is implied that something has gone on because it's been so long.

How would you want Revan's role to end in the KotOR series (which may or may not be KotOR3, since no one knows)?

Since everyone probably has their own scenario, I've left the poll options pretty open which cover the main options of dies, returns changed, returns happily to Bastila/Carth romance, or whatever. Also, you can decide whether the whole KotOR plot about Unknown True Sith is finished or not - there's nothing wrong with Revan returning without a full resolution to that plot. Also, it may not be explicit in the game (so just because Revan returns doesn't mean you follow him back) - take a global overview.

Just remember, it's what you want to happen?

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I think the most likely scenario is that Revan and the Exile go off into the Unknown Regions to face the real Sith, and inadvertently "wake" them up so to speak, causing some kind of invasion.

So in KOTOR 3, you probably play some new character that responds to this threat. Both Revan and the Exile at that point would be best served to further the plot, then be playable. They're both far more imposing as NPCs then as PCs.

Consequently, this is the threat that the Jedi Council saw, which fits into the story perfectly on why Revan shouldn't have gone to fight the Mandalorians to begin with. By doing so, and finding Malachor V, he/she uncovered the secret behind what got the Mandalorians to start this war to begin with, thus instigating the true threat.

Personally, I'd find playing an unknown nobody far more entertaining. I could carve out my own destiny, instead of riding on someone elses coat-tails as has been the case of KOTOR 1 and 2.

Consequently, this is the threat that the Jedi Council saw, which fits into the story perfectly on why Revan shouldn't have gone to fight the Mandalorians to begin with.  By doing so, and finding Malachor V, he/she uncovered the secret behind what got the Mandalorians to start this war to begin with, thus instigating the true threat.

Or alternatively, Revan defeating the mandalorians was a stepping stone to uniting the galaxy under his rule to defeat the 'true' sith, and using the jedi councils thinking, he may have been right to do so...but then the jedi council intervenes, revan gets captured and he barely remembers his old plan and destroys the star forge or rather feels it is not a battle of manpower, but battle of jedi, and leaves to take them on himself.

Just a possibility though. Anyway, i want revan back as pc, starting at a low level for some very convincing non- bad memory related reason, as kotor 2 seems like it's a part of something greater, that being revan's adventure and i think his(or her) story should be finished in no 3

I think it'd be interesting to have the Exile follow Revan's trail into the Sith empire territory, finding out at some point the latter got drawn into the 'eveel' (s)he intended to fight... ultimately resulting in face-off between these two. This is one of the very basic dramatic situations, but it both fits the "once you go dark, there's never a real redemption" theme, and after things revealed in KotOR 2 there's lot of personal reasons for the Exile to want this kind of confrontation... plus you can throw in all the usual Light/Dark stuff and reasoning on top of it. And since Revan throughout whole KotOR 2 was made to be some sort of 'force of nature', both military and political genius with triple master plan for everything ... it's going to be difficult for the 3rd game to establish a more impressive villain (unless maybe someone who actually managed to defeat Revan, but even then the fact would have to be hammered down for quite a while to fully sink in)

Alternatively this could all be made part of back story that happened between 2nd and 3rd game and is just something for fresh character to discover... still, the question was about Revan's possible fate ;P

The True Sith does not necessarily mean the species. Besides, Nadd had a Sith Master WAY after their alleged death, but he was too sissy to fight for the title of Dark Lord, fled, and found that other Sith's ghost on Yavin... (I always forget his name).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Well, I don't like the way TSL ended (yeah yeah, I'm just another in a long line). But I wish they would have resolved Revan's fate, instead of sending him out there into the unknown. I kind of wish we would have found his body, or find him in stasis or something. Here's hoping KoTOR 3 resolves everything. :wub:

From the looks of the current KOTOR series, it appears to be going in the same direction as the Original Trilogy. The first one, everything sets the stage and all that other stuff, the second one is everyone is on the run, hunted and getting out of the hole at the end. Then the third one should be on a good note. Revan returns...Return of the Jedi? Or Sith....

In KotorIII you will find Revan in an abandoned cloning facility, eaten alive by gizka...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I hope to God that Revan will be in the game, because I rather liked Revan (the exile I couldn't give a damn one way or the other, to be honest. It was a rather hollow personality if you ask me). However, I have no great hopes about it, at least not that Revan will play any great role, as Obsidian really screwed that up by letting the player pick an alignment/gender, thus making everyone expect it in KotOR3 as well.

Shame, really. KotOR1 made me feel like I accomplished something. KotOR2 didn't, and as if that's not enough, it managed to destroy any feeling of accomplishment I had from KotOR1. I mean come on, regardless of what Revan did, it ends up the exact same. It's explained of course, but I found the explanations very strained and I didn't buy half of it.

I think the most likely scenario is that Revan and the Exile go off into the Unknown Regions to face the real Sith, and inadvertently "wake" them up so to speak, causing some kind of invasion.

So in KOTOR 3, you probably play some new character that responds to this threat.  Both Revan and the Exile at that point would be best served to further the plot, then be playable.  They're both far more imposing as NPCs then as PCs.

Consequently, this is the threat that the Jedi Council saw, which fits into the story perfectly on why Revan shouldn't have gone to fight the Mandalorians to begin with.  By doing so, and finding Malachor V, he/she uncovered the secret behind what got the Mandalorians to start this war to begin with, thus instigating the true threat.

Personally, I'd find playing an unknown nobody far more entertaining.  I could carve out my own destiny, instead of riding on someone elses coat-tails as has been the case of KOTOR 1 and 2.

Yeah, the way I saw it, the point of the Mandalorian Wars was to force the Jedi to fight, because either way the True Sith were going to crush them.

It's been 5 years right so having nothing happened to Revan is a hard ask (again, this is likelyhood, not want). But I can't just see why dev's would want to tortute Bastila like this! :( She should have her man back! (or gal for Carth).

heh, Jerry Springer....

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Revan returns to find Bastila. Revan wounded badly. Bastila uses the force to rip out everything Revan knows. She looks into Revan eyes and says good-bye. She bring out Carth son who chops off Revan head. This making Bastile the master and dark lord. Carth and his son are nothing more then Bastile puppets. :(

First of all, facts must not be denied. It is an illusion to think Revan had a greater plan, a plan to battle the True Sith (back before KotOR 1, after the Mandalorian war). If he truly intended so, then afterwards ( if played DS ) why would he have left the Star Forge behind, when leaving to the unknown regions? Many speculated the Star Forge was used only to build up an army capable of taking the war to the True Sith...bogus! Revan was, like many others, power hungry, he wanted to rule the galaxy. I believe many have the urge to create a tragic hero out of him, but the truth is, he was just a vicitm of causality. Cause: the Republic was in need, he was capable...Effect: he decided to go to war with the Mandalorians. Cause: his decision...Effect: Republic wins war, thus survives; Revan "falls". If I haven't convinced you (yet) please read my post here

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...pic=29416&st=60

It is hard to tell what my whishes concerning Revan's path would be, because they are already constrained by certain facts previously disclosed. I, like I believe most players, would most definelty want a sentimental closure to his story ( him being my first avatar in the SW galaxy ), but more than that I would desire a logical ending to his path, and logic dictates Revan not to return, or never to be heard anything concrete from again. He probably found the True Sith ("the sith is a belief" - Kreia, also detailed in my previous post ), waged war, with whatever reasons, and eventually became one of them, or even if he defeated them all, broke down. Perhaps during his struggle he met with alter ego #2, perhaps they fought and lost side by side.

It really depends on what they intend to do with Revan.

I'm sure up to this point they've decided whether Revan is really LS or DS, and just used KOTOR 2 to give the illusion that you really had a choice in the matter.

Worst case scenario, I figure if they decide Revan was DS, the same thing that happened to Exar Kun, happened to Revan. He was manipulated by the True Sith into furthering the True Sith agenda. :thumbsup:

And the end result might be the same.

To be finally defeated by.... padawans....

Revan better have a completed story in the KotOR III... i didnt spend all that time creating Revan how I wanted him/her to be (and so did everyone else) just to see the person disapear. We desirve to know what Revan's faith is, DS or LS. But I would like alternate faiths (1 LS and 1 DS for Revan) depending on choices, not just one ending with him/her.

Revan better have a completed story in the KotOR III... i didnt spend all that time creating Revan how I wanted him/her to be (and so did everyone else) just to see the person disapear. We desirve to know what Revan's faith is, DS or LS. But I would like alternate faiths (1 LS and 1 DS for Revan) depending on choices, not just one ending with him/her.

He's not going to be like that anyway so you lose out on both counts really. It might be a Revan , but it wont be the one you created. If Obsidian are not doing KOTOR whoever does has a very non enviable task on their hands. Perhaps thats why LA sheleved their KOTOR III team..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

He's not going to be like that anyway so you lose out on both counts really. It might be a Revan , but it wont be the one you created. If Obsidian are not doing KOTOR whoever does has a very non enviable task on their hands. Perhaps thats why LA sheleved their KOTOR III team..

:geek:

Well as Ferret said if they want to write a story with Revan in it, they are going to need to pick a gender and a side.

Otherwise your going to have to write 4 times as much dialogue and thats before even trying to write a story where the PC has a choice in the outcome from thier own perspective.

The only solution I saw was the one that Suikoden III used with the trinity system.

In essense you play the story from three perspectives, then at a critical point you choose which of the three will be your champion for the climax.

The problem there is that Suikoden dosnt give you choices in the same sense that KOTOR does, the characters all have their own destinies and your just along for the ride. Because writing a story for three character of any gender plus the option to go DS or LS would be a nightmare (not to mention you then have to voice it).

So while you could play Revan The Exile and New PC you would be playing the writers versions not your own. (except perhaps in the case of new PC).

My guess is that you will end up following the trail of both and meet them at the end as the master and apprentice bad guys. Probably suitbably masked or dsfigured so as not to conflict with anyones choice of appearence. Even then you still have to allow for gender though but as long as they dont have a big part thats much less of a problem as you can do it in a similiar way to how it worked in KOTOR II with Attons questions.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i think it can be problematic to have revan and the exile as a npc

they are both player character, they simply can't chose a standard face and probably voice for them.

for these reason i think that if they will be (alive) in game they will be playable.

KOTOR seem to be the Revan trilogy, so i think that in a way or another his story will end in the next chapter.

for the side i think it will be not a problem, after TSL i doubt that Revan can be again DS, in my opinion s/he will be grey and in particular the uberguy mentioned in KOTOR1.

and as a romantic guy i really hope that both Revan and the Exile will come back home after they defeat the siths :geek: