movies got deleted!!!

Guest Lakmoots

Guest Lakmoots

I tried switching up my graphics from 800x600 and the game turns off my monitor, I tried to restart the computer and it told me there was a problem in the SWK2.ini file, and now ALL MY MOVIES ARE DELETED...

This game blows, blows big time... I give up.

Um, you aren't supposed to do that.

Actually, he/she should be able to easily change resoultions during the game (once exited to the main menu). I've done it a couple of times to test out AA and AF settings on both an Nvidia and ATI card.

What it sounds like is that the OP tried to change the resolution and its accompanying refresh rate to one their monitor may have not been able to handle and that is why it went black as some monitors do this to prevent them from frying the flyback circuit that has to do with refresh rate changes.

Also...

Please list your system specs (if you do come back) so we might be in a better position to help you.

===

I have an XBox and the only thing that I like about it is... Aside from some of the games, of course (Mercenaries rocks!)... Is that you don't have to worry about tweaking the thing 99.9% of the time to play almost any game you want. You pop in the DVD, hit a few buttons and boom! You're off and playing.

The downside to consoles, currently, is the XBox is essentially a 1999 era PC and games like KOTOR literally struggle to be run at decent frame rates... Even though they can only run at 30 FPS for both PAL and NTCS. They tend to drop below that and it looks jerky just like it does on the PC when it drops below 60 FPS (minimum FPS for full motion video on a PC monitor vs. TV).

Guest Lakmoots

well arent you just a bunch of a**holes... thanks alot!

I have a problem where my movies all get deleted, my monitor shutsdown, and all you can do is smartmouth??

What fine human beings you all must be...

Actually, that's a side quest. Duh! How could you miss it! You have to find the deleted ancient movies. It gives you a lot of experience points! You can either gain light side points also, or just gain dark side points by being a monkeyf

Errm, seeing as you've got a PC.... and presumably a legal copy of the game.... why don't you just reinstall it?

P.s. its ok, you can worship my genius later. :shifty:

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

The game simply makes a new .ini file, I know because it what it did to me.

Funny thing is the new file does display the movies seen and not add movies we dont seen yet.

The monitor shutting down is because it was set to a refresh rate or resolution it cannot display, its a simple matter of using the lancher and select configuration and set it to something like 800x600 60.

drakron.png

Guest Lakmoots

I don't think re-installing the game would actually place the movies I have already seen back into the menu...

but thanks for the pointless abuse anyway :)

I don't think re-installing the game would actually place the movies I have already seen back into the menu...

but thanks for the pointless abuse anyway  :thumbsup:

Ahhh, genius is such a burden... :p I was merely throwing in a suggestion, but if you think trying to help is pointless abuse, then that's not my problem :thumbsup:

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.