Yes, General

Now all I can ever get him to say is "Yes, General"  I talked to him a lot near the beginning and I gained influence with him, but he won't ever become a Jedi.  It is irritating!  What should I do?

Try to gain more influence.

If you want to be sure its not a bug, or just want to skip gaining influence, save on a seperate file and use the save game editor to up his influence. If it doesnt' work then... uh... ask Obsidian to help.

I've had Bao-Dur saying "Yes, General" and absolutely nothing else for most of the game now, and virtually the entirety of the time I've had him with me. I've played Telos, Nar Shadaa, Dxun, Korriban and most of Onderon, and I'm wondering if this is how it's supposed to be as well. I got to have basically a single set of conversations with him made available after I picked him up, and nothing else.

I've had him with me, in my party, for almost all of that time on my missions, too, so it's not like he's lacked opportunities to have his say.

Incidentally, I've never *lost* influence with him, and have gained influence on a few occassions, as I'm a Light Side Master.

I've had Bao-Dur saying "Yes, General" and absolutely nothing else for most of the game now, and virtually the entirety of the time I've had him with me.  I've played Telos, Nar Shadaa, Dxun, Korriban and most of Onderon, and I'm wondering if this is how it's supposed to be as well.  I got to have basically a single set of conversations with him made available after I picked him up, and nothing else.

I've had him with me, in my party, for almost all of that time on my missions, too, so it's not like he's lacked opportunities to have his say.

Incidentally, I've never *lost* influence with him, and have gained influence on a few occassions, as I'm a Light Side Master.

Well, Bao-Dur is a bit shy. If there's an event that would normally trigger a reaction from him and there's another party member with you besides Bao-Dur, usually the other party member will react instead of Bao-Dur. Keep in mind that for each of those events, only one of your companions will react, except in a few special cases.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Bao-Dur will NOT convert on Ebon Hawk.

Use KSE to check your influence level on him.

You know he's ready to go when you talk to him after gaining influence and he says "That was a noble deed"... ending the convo with "And that's why I follow you, General - lead on." Then you have to talk to him twice, and at the end of the second convo he'll convert.

This is my third run. Playing a LS male Guardian/Weapon Master.

I converted Bao-Dur on Dantooine after helping Akkere. He was my first convert, on my first planet after Telos. He's so much better in combat with Jedi training and is very useful with his skills and all.

I've just completed the Onderon finale and will be heading to Dantooine. Have already converted all the potential Jedi in the following order - Bao-Dur, Atton, Handmaiden and Mira.

I'm maxed LS and all party members are maxed LS too except HK, Kreia and Goto and Mandalore.

Ah, my gentle, sort spoken Zabrak friend, how I wish you had talked more.

I got him to max influence and turned him into a Jedi, but there does seem to be a problem with his dialogue.

You get to a point where you tell him that he looks at peace (or something) and he tells you to ask him about it later.

Well there was no later, I asked him the same question for the rest of the game and he still kept telling me to ask again later! I'm not sure if it was me, or if he is just bugged...

I had that problem too. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I've just now turned him into a jedi but I did it on the 1st planet after telos. (I went to dantooine) You just have to make sure he's the only one with you and talk to him after every influence gain.

:D I was happy to hear his response when I said something that had to do with my boring old republic uniform and he said my new clothes were a pleasant distraction :shifty:

That made me happy. :D