Stuck with T3-M4 on Peragus

I'm trying to replay KOTOR2, but got stuck on Peragus when you have to take over T3-M4 while Atton and the Exile are on a control deck. I've been to fuel area to pick up some repair parts for the controls, but then I am stuck. I can't open a store room, as it needs explosives to open and I am told my security skill is too low. I can't open the hangar door to the ship or another door to the fuel area as the latter needs me to use a control console. However, the control console needs a computer spike to open the door and I don't have any. Can anyone give me any guidance? I did not encounter a problem first time through - although that time I did the prologue and maybe explored more in the area around where you meet Atton. thanks for any help!

If you do the prologue you already have spikes. If you dont you need to do something else before you can access that area.

The explosives are found on a corpse in the other area. I think blowing open that door will get you what you need to continue on.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If you do the prologue you already have spikes. If you dont you need to do something else before you can access that area.

The explosives are found on a corpse in the other area. I think blowing open that door will get you what you need to continue on.

This is what I do as well. Just grab the explosives and blow the door.

Yeah you can temporarily lower the difficulty setting to use the Deadly Sonic mines (stupid really, might as well do the prologue and skip it before fixing the hyperdrive just to get some average mines from the roof of the Ebon Hawk).

Thanks for the fast responses - I thought the prologue did not give you anything, but I guess that refers to experience not loot. And yes, I am playing on hard - it was too easy first time through, but I did not realise it affected the use of skills.

You don't keep the loot if you finish the prologue (i.e. fix the hyperdrive). Just go to the ****pit and SKIP the prologue when you have the stuff you want. I usually just take the opportunity to get some parts, spikes and an average mine.

Huh, didn't realize they censor the proper term for the piloting area (guess it could mean an obscenity if improperly used LOL).