Can't Install

When I try to install the game, this comes up on disk 1:

CRC Error: The file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKoTR2\data\Models.bif doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the set up may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

Strange thing is, it sometimes is the Sound.bif instead of Models.bif, and other times it works, but the disk 2 has the similar problem. When I tried to install it on another computer, it worked fine. I tried to copy the disks on my hard drive and install it from there, but it doesn't work. All unnecessary programs were exited. Any ideas?

It means you have a bad disc. You should take it back to where you purchased it and trade it in. If that is not an option it should still be under the limited warranty that you could send the discs to Lucas Arts and get a replacement. If that is not a possibility what I would do in such cases is to carefully copy the discs onto the harddrive and install from their. I hope this helps.

Not all drives are created equal.

If you have half an hour and a tiny bit of hand/eye coordination, you could temporarily swap the reader that does not like the disks for the one that does. Install. Swap back. It should work fine.

Else, you have issues with winders and not the reader on said pc.