Did Lucas say No to the content patch

UH yeah dude, thats marked the 24th of last month, the Obsidian request came much after that.

Can anybody link to the evidence that Obsidian made a content request? I've seen folks talking about it as though it's really happened, but I haven't seen any dev posts, letters, nothing.

And I think it's cute as the dickens that we're debating what price we'd pay for the finished game. If any LucasArts marketing droid ever reads this board, they'll have a good laugh at us. Well, at least a good laugh by droid standards.

UH yeah dude, thats marked the 24th of last month, the Obsidian request came much after that.

Can anybody link to the evidence that Obsidian made a content request? I've seen folks talking about it as though it's really happened, but I haven't seen any dev posts, letters, nothing.

And I think it's cute as the dickens that we're debating what price we'd pay for the finished game. If any LucasArts marketing droid ever reads this board, they'll have a good laugh at us. Well, at least a good laugh by droid standards.

You missed it.

Such things are not to be discussed publicly.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Can anybody link to the evidence that Obsidian made a content request?

I think it was a private email from a developer to a fan, who then posted it on the 'restore the cut ending' petition thread. Shortly afterwards, this entire thread was deleted. Interpret that as you will.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think a KOTOR I rerelease COULD work but there are slight problems. They would have to create entirly new dialouge for KOTOR II being that one of the cut-scenes was the death of Revan and Carth. And tecnically, thats the only worthwhile cut feature.

I think it was a private email from a developer to a fan, who then posted it on the 'restore the cut ending' petition thread.  Shortly afterwards, this entire thread was deleted.  Interpret that as you will.

The concept of privacy is lost on some people. They are called private messages for a reason.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Of course, it is abusing their trust to post something like that, yet the fact remains that Chris Avellone posted this info himself on the now-deleted KotorII patch thread. They did ask, and I actually have confidence that LucasArts will give them permission, some time in the future. Call me na

Of course, it is abusing their trust to post something like that, yet the fact remains that Chris Avellone posted this info himself on the now-deleted KotorII patch thread. They did ask, and I actually have confidence that LucasArts will give them permission, some time in the future. Call me na
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Planet of the droids was cut quite early I think. Also that quote looks altered from the one I saw in the interview which would be very naughty.

"From a production perspective, the best thing we did was to cut M4-78, the Droid Planet. I won't go into details, but we had this incredible design for a planet of droids. We actually did the first pass on art and built the character models for the location. But we had to look at the schedule and make a big cut after E3. We cut the entire planet. At the time, we were afraid it would make the game too short - but fortunately, there is so much other content, that wasn't the case. And we used a lot of elements from that planet elsewhere in the game. Ultimately, I think it made the game better, but it really hurt at the time, especially for the designer who had almost finished the planet, Kevin Saunders".

The "logic" behind leaving in the files still escapes me.

478327[/snapback]

The prices will drop by oct-nov 2005 so KOTOR Gold could come down to 50$, of course you'll have to pay only the difference from the KOTOR game(s) you own.

There are people who want only a better KOTOR 2 so maybe there should be a KOTOR 2 Gold and a KOTOR Platinum (KOTOR 1 Gold/GOTY, KOTOR 2 Gold, soundtrack CD, ...).