Did Lucas say No to the content patch

It all depends on the content.

It would be worth a second time if they have the full content and technical patches on the game, comes on DVD, the movie cutscenes remastered to play at a sharper resolution at DVD quality, has the Full stereo soundtrack audio CD from both games available, and KotOR 1 is packaged (also on DVD withthe remastered cutscenes) as well.

Too Good to Be True...

BTW your Teddy Bat Quarren is still a classic.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

I really liked Kotor 2 a lot, and am sad because of its unrealized potential, but unless there's a good discount on a gold edition, I would be more po'ed than anything, at having to pay more for what I thought to get in the first place.

It all depends on the content.

It would be worth a second time if they have the full content and technical patches on the game, comes on DVD, the movie cutscenes remastered to play at a sharper resolution at DVD quality, has the Full stereo soundtrack audio CD from both games available, and KotOR 1 is packaged (also on DVD withthe remastered cutscenes) as well.

I would buy into this solution were they to include one more thing: 0.25$ rebate to KOTOR3. This just basically confirms the existence of KOTOR3 in development, in the well respected hands at Obsidian.

Just been over to the LA forums *shudders* UUUUUUUUrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh! :blink:

And there was this announcement.

Hi all,

We know that everyone has been waiting for some word on when and how we would address some of the issues with the PC version of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

As of Tuesday we have a "patch candidate" in QA for verification. It will take several days to test and verify all the fixes, and to make sure that the patch plays nice with all system configs etc. We hope to release the patch very shortly - check back here for any updates. We're not providing a date for fear that we find another issue that needs to be addressed, and the patch would need to be pushed back. LucasArts and Obsidian are both working diligently to get the patch together and released as soon as possible.

We anticipate the patch being available for all language versions on or around the same day. We also hope to post a patch list that documents the changes that you can look for when installing the patch.

Finally, thanks for your patience, and we hope that you enjoy the game.

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

2-24-05

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

In fact, i'm not that upset that the pc patch is taking so long now, you surely don't want a second unnecessary "rushed" product from Obsidian...

So better spend more time on this and hopefully on the content patch as well :thumbsup:

I bought every game I own in the last five years to support the companies which I like but to be honest, IF LucasArts would make some kind of Special Edition I would pirate the game. I am not willing to pay for content which should have been clearly in the current version. Furthermore, by paying for the intended version of the game I would only encourage LucasArts to make such moneygrabs in the future.

As sad as it may be that Obsidian was forced to waste so much potential with TSL I would rather have no new content at all than having to be robbed by the publisher. No game is worth 100 bucks.

I totally agree with you. I don't see the point to pay twice to get a fully finished product. Obviously, they can sell this kind of "final gold version" instead of the current one and allows their customers to download the content added in this gold version. This would be the smarter way to deal with these issues.

I bought every game I own in the last five years to support the companies which I like but to be honest, IF LucasArts would make some kind of Special Edition I would pirate the game. I am not willing to pay for content which should have been clearly in the current version.

To be "honest" - as in truthful and not engaged in theft. :-"

I'm sure LucasArts would understand if you didn't buy a Special Edition but they might be bemused if you stole it instead. ;)

But, what the heck, its hard to fathom what folks imagine these days will make the world a "better" place. :o

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I dont know about paying again, seriously, why the hell should we pay for a game we were meant to get in the first place, however, i would support a trade in that deducted most of the cost away from the gold edition.

I.E: The gold edition costs 45 euro/50 dollars, when you trade in the original TSl you get the gold edition for 10 dollars/10 euro.

I hope to christ they dont get the idea of riping us off a second time. (And by they i mean Lucasarts.)

If they cant do this they should tie up the plot from TSL in KOTOR3, using a series of multiple choice questions to decide what route you took in TSL and in the prologue you can rescue some of your party members (the ones that survived) from slavers/sith, in many ways it could mirror ROTJ and the rescue of Han from Jabba the Hutt.

That way we get to find out what happened to our party, and continue on the search for the HK factory without Lucasarts being forced into paying for costly content patches or ripping off the community by selling us the full game with a crappy "Gold Edition" sticker on the box.

Many people didn't understand, you would return KOTOR 2 and buy KOTOR 2 Gold for 10$ at most, this happened with Thief Gold, it could happen with KOTOR 2, you don't have to buy the whole game all over again. I don't see how they would admit that they rush games for money, it would only be a bonus, a thank you to everyone who bought the game.

This is the only way for the Xbox gamers to get that content, they can't patch the game, they can't use mods. I'm a PC gamer but we have to think of everyone who bought this game. I think 60$ would be a good price (you'll pay 10$ if you bought the game) for KOTOR 2 Gold (with KOTOR 1 enhanced included), but they have to add more than just the missing content, they have to complete the game this time.

This is the only way for the Xbox gamers to get that content, they can't patch the game, they can't use mods. I'm a PC gamer but we have to think of everyone who bought this game.

That's a very admirable attitude :o

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Many people didn't understand, you would return KOTOR 2 and buy KOTOR 2 Gold for 10$ at most, this happened with Thief Gold, it could happen with KOTOR 2, you don't have to buy the whole game all over again. I don't see how they would admit that they rush games for money, it would only be a bonus, a thank you to everyone who bought the game.

This is the only way for the Xbox gamers to get that content, they can't patch the game, they can't use mods. I'm a PC gamer but we have to think of everyone who bought this game. I think 60$ would be a good price (you'll pay 10$ if you bought the game) for KOTOR 2 Gold (with KOTOR 1 enhanced included), but they have to add more than just the missing content, they have to complete the game this time.

Ohh no, i understand all right, infact i agree with you, the trade-in + 10 dollars/euro deal would be good, either that or a wrap up in KOTOR3.

... you would return KOTOR 2 and buy KOTOR 2 Gold for 10$ at most, this happened with Thief Gold, ...

It might work, but it won't make a profit unless a significant number of people are buying at the full $50 price. Kotor 2 sold really well, so it might have exhausted its potential market. Was the original Thief also a big seller when it first came out? If so, then I guess there's no reason the same idea couldn't work for Kotor 2.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Incidentally, the example of Trials of the Luremaster as precedent free RPG expansions is also a very good one, though it was produced under very different technical circumstances, for a very different engine. On the other hand, IWD:HoW didn't have anything like KotOR II's sales to justify the expense. Trials of the Luremaster, however, was produced (by Black Isle) under Interplay, not under a Lucasarts franchise, with Lucasarts running the show. And so precedent under publishers that care about producing the best product possible might be better simply thrown out the window while we're talking about a game for which Lucasarts is making the judgment calls, no matter how dedicated the developer is to the product

Just been over to the LA forums *shudders* UUUUUUUUrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh! :p

And there was this announcement.

Hi all,

We know that everyone has been waiting for some word on when and how we would address some of the issues with the PC version of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.

As of Tuesday we have a "patch candidate" in QA for verification. It will take several days to test and verify all the fixes, and to make sure that the patch plays nice with all system configs etc. We hope to release the patch very shortly - check back here for any updates. We're not providing a date for fear that we find another issue that needs to be addressed, and the patch would need to be pushed back. LucasArts and Obsidian are both working diligently to get the patch together and released as soon as possible.

We anticipate the patch being available for all language versions on or around the same day. We also hope to post a patch list that documents the changes that you can look for when installing the patch.

Finally, thanks for your patience, and we hope that you enjoy the game.

Mike Gallo

LucasArts Producer

2-24-05

UH yeah dude, thats marked the 24th of last month, the Obsidian request came much after that.

Around 300.000 copies of Thief: The Dark Project were sold, KOTOR 2 PC+Xbox is a bigger seller. KOTOR Gold would be profitable in October 2005 when the price for KOTOR 1 is low and KOTOR 2's sales and prices would drop.

Could it be free for everyone who bought both KOTOR 1 and 2 ?

http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=thiefg

As long as KOTOR III isnt december 2005 :D

There is usually a spike in sales of the original game when a sequel is released people seeing what they missed first time around probably.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Price:

10$ for KOTOR 2 owners

50$ for KOTOR 1 owners

0$ for KOTOR 1&2 owners

60$ for everone else

KOTOR Gold is a special edition package with both games patched, enhanced cutscenes, missing&extra content for KOTOR 2, complete KOTOR 1 with everything Bioware released, soundtracks CD, 5$ discount for KOTOR 3.

It could be profitable if most of the people who bought KOTOR 1 or 2 would buy the Gold version and many of the people who will want to buy KOTOR 3 and never bought KOTOR 1 or 2 will buy KOTOR Gold first.

What happens if someone buys KOTOR 3 before KOTOR Gold ?

The discount for KOTOR 3 is subtracted from the prices listed above meaning that you have to pay less for KOTOR Gold if you can provide evidence that you bought KOTOR 3.

If you can provide evidence that you bought both KOTOR 1&2 then you get the KOTOR 3 discount (when you buy KOTOR 3) included in the KOTOR Gold package since KOTOR Gold=KOTOR 1&2, you can exchange KOTOR 1&2 for KOTOR Gold later.

LucasArts and Obsidian can't be that good, it will never happen.

Price:

10$ for KOTOR 2 owners

50$ for KOTOR 1 owners

0$ for KOTOR 1&2 owners

60$ for everone else

KOTOR Gold is a special edition package with both games patched, enhanced cutscenes, missing&extra content for KOTOR 2, complete KOTOR 1 with everything Bioware released, soundtracks CD, 5$ discount for KOTOR 3.

It could be profitable if most of the people who bought KOTOR 1 or 2 would buy the Gold version and many of the people who will want to buy KOTOR 3 and never bought KOTOR 1 or 2 will buy KOTOR Gold first.

What happens if someone buys KOTOR 3 before KOTOR Gold ?

The discount for KOTOR 3 is subtracted from the prices listed above meaning that you have to pay less for KOTOR Gold if you can provide evidence that you bought KOTOR 3.

If you can provide evidence that you bought both KOTOR 1&2 then you get the KOTOR 3 discount (when you buy KOTOR 3) included in the KOTOR Gold package since KOTOR Gold=KOTOR 1&2, you can exchange KOTOR 1&2 for KOTOR Gold later.

LucasArts and Obsidian can't be that good, it will never happen.

thats WAY to good to be true, it would NEVER be free for us people who bought 1 and 2. It would probibly end up being $10 (at least) for KotOR 1 and 2 owners if it had all that content. They do want to make money after all, not just break even... *sigh* It would be nice though.

At the most they would probibly only give a $10 or $15 discount if you can show you bought anyof them (with only one discount even if you own both). Plus just imagine the hell game store owners would have to go through to send in all those rebate thingys to get thier money back :wacko: ... I know I wouldnt want to do that..

(Sorry i dont know how anyother money besides US dollars works)

Unless it was a mail in rebate for the buyer. That would make alot more sence cause most people dont send those in....