Obsidian on Cutness

Now, I liked the ending, even if it wasn't what I wanted. Though most of the haters seem to be gone now, I figure this may still interest some. This is a message from a programmer at OBsidian (don't know if he worked on KotOR II or not). To me, it suggest that he basically is saying they were forced to end it that way for whatever reason. Again, I don't really care, but thought it may bring some of you peace. Also, to read it in context as well as other responses, go here: http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...414657&forum=95

Frankly, while I speak for myself, I can also say that some of us are getting kind of tired of seeing the Kotor2 "bashing" show up on these NWN2 forums.

I think a lot of you guys are failing to realize that making a game isn't as dreamy as simply sitting down and saying "hey, let's do this and that and this...and it will be done when we say it's done." Nope, sorry...it just doesn't work that way. The reality of the business, at least for now is that we answer to "other factors".

While I also realize that some of you do "get" this, you guys seem to be far and few between.

With that being said, I think it should also be noted that a large majority of the NWN2 team is different than the Kotor2 team. On top of that, it's also a completely different and unrelated publisher.

The bottom line is this... If we had all the time in the world, then by all means we'd give you guys all what you want. We value honest, meaningful, insightful, and creative feedback and suggestions. But please also keep in mind that there are timelines that we have to work within and features do have to be prioritized. I hope you guys can understand that.

So, from this point forward please make an honest effort to refrain from mentioning/bashing Kotor2 in these forums. And PLEASE, don't come on here with an attitude like we've "wronged" you and you just "can't trust" us anymore and that you're going to "admonish" us for something that we may or may not have had direct control over.

Thanks.

Its old news now ...

Now notice how its on BioWare forums, one of the worst places in the internet to talk about games (I know its bashing but BioWare forums are not a good place to talk about games, not with their current moderation system) and were he would be safe from obvious retaliation from posting it ... saying that here would open a can of worms.

Yes LucasArts as publisher sucks but then again lets look at the wonderfull work Atari did in NWN (setting the release date in stone several months before release) so lets all relax because its not mean LucasArts ...

:devil:

Its sad to see the truth in my sign ...

drakron.png

I think a lot of you guys are failing to realize that making a game isn't as dreamy as simply sitting down and saying "hey, let's do this and that and this...and it will be done when we say it's done." Nope, sorry...it just doesn't work that way. The reality of the business, at least for now is that we answer to "other factors".

:ermm::lol::lol:

OK, most people probably won't understand why it's funny, but it really is. He is saying this on Bioware's boards where for every game every developer has answered countless "When's the release date?" and "When will the game be done?" questions with "It'll be done when it's done."

This is old news, but I didn't pay attention to that phrase before. Thanks for bringing it up again.