ATI Low Framerate Fix

Right so in both KOTOR I and II, my Radeon 9000 sucked the monkey. Regardless of which drivers I used (4.11, 4.12, 5.x), if there was ever too much on the screen (long hallways, for example, are increadibly annoying), the protagonist would start dancing around and would more or less teleport to a corner of the area. The framerate would drop to next to nothing and I was, more or less, forced to sit and wait for my computer to catch up to the game. Not just on mega-grass land, either, I'm talking everywhere too much is on the screen.

I tried Omega drivers, to no avail. I tried DNA, with no marked improvement. Random fiddling led me to turn on DNA's "Temporal Anti-Aliasing". KOTOR II now works fine. And by fine I mean all graphic settings on, including Anisotropy rocking a 16x.

I'm running a Celeron 2.6 gig, with a ballsy 512 meg of 100 mghz RAM. And a POS Radeon 9000. DNA version 3.7, based on the 5.2 Catalyst.

Hopefully this'll help some other folk out.

Right so in both KOTOR I and II, my Radeon 9000 sucked the monkey.  Regardless of which drivers I used (4.11, 4.12, 5.x), if there was ever too much on the screen (long hallways, for example, are increadibly annoying), the protagonist would start dancing around and would more or less teleport to a corner of the area.  The framerate would drop to next to nothing and I was, more or less, forced to sit and wait for my computer to catch up to the game.  Not just on mega-grass land, either, I'm talking everywhere too much is on the screen.

I tried Omega drivers, to no avail.  I tried DNA, with no marked improvement.  Random fiddling led me to turn on DNA's "Temporal Anti-Aliasing".  KOTOR II now works fine.  And by fine I mean all graphic settings on, including Anisotropy rocking a 16x.

I'm running a Celeron 2.6 gig, with a ballsy 512 meg of 100 mghz RAM.  And a POS Radeon 9000.  DNA version 3.7, based on the 5.2 Catalyst.

Hopefully this'll help some other folk out.

Try using the 4.11 or 4.12 OGL dll. Drop it into your kotor2 directory. 9000 is a pretty low - end card whoever... Maybe your asking too much of it ;)

One needn't get alternate drivers in order to use Temporal AA. It's available in recent Catalyst drivers by default.

It does only work on recent cards, however. (9x00 and up)

That said, I've heard people post about how good the DNA drivers are. And if they work for you, good. :)