Where should we go?

Where should all of us Kotorians go when/if they close the forums?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Where should all of us Kotorians go when/if they close the forums?

• Give the LA forums some class!
    • Kotorfanfic.com forums!
    • Other (plz specify)

I was asked to start a poll about this, so here it is. Don't vote if you don't want to, but I would like to hear where everyone is thinking of going to 'forum'.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I voted for the LucasArts forums, for a simple reason: the official forum(s) hosted by the game developer/publisher are a logical place to look for somebody who wants to discuss things about a game. The community seems surprisingly small even as it is, compared to the popularity and sales figures of the game. If you fragment the community further by having a large chunk of it exile themselves on an obscure board somewhere then the quality of discussion would go even lower.

I think one reason for the curious lack of quality discussion even here, on the official board, is simply that there is little to discuss except for ethical and story line issues. On the surface TSL is a d20 RPG like KotOR or NWN, but the choices you get to make - class, attributes, feats, skills, powers, equipment, strategies, tactics - do not matter a pair of dingo's kindneys because the game is so easy. In most cases you can win even if you made the worst possible choices and use the worst possible tactics, so there is little incentive to discuss character builds, feat progressions, combat strategies or planet orders.

I would think that the StarWarsKnights.com section of LucasForums, where Holowan Labs for instance is located, would be the logical place to migrate if/when this board closes.

LucasArts forums are just one big flame war after another.

And back to lurking mode

It's not for sure... until then I am camping out right here.

*pitches a tent and puts out snacks* :-"

Have you *been* over to LA's forums? I went once and I am still trying to get the image of thousands of teenaged boys jumping in a pile and yelling loudly about how KEWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL their build was. >_<

Holowan Labs is one section of the LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com), it's _the best_ resource for KoTOR (TSL) mods.

In addition to Holowan Labs, LucasForums also have other sections dedicated to Knights of The Old Republic.

LucasForums are not to be confused with the LucasArts forums, these two are totally separete things that are worlds apart from each other.

I say we stay here and all grab some snacks from plooby. :lol:

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

LA Forums?

"Giving the LA Forums some class" by sending in the Obsidian fans would be like "Sprucing up the New York sewer system with a little Feng Shui." The endless stream of crap runs deeper than any small touch of civility may remedy, I fear.

LA Forums?

"Giving the LA Forums some class" by sending in the Obsidian fans would be like "Sprucing up the New York sewer system with a little Feng Shui."  The endless stream of crap runs deeper than any small touch of civility may remedy, I fear.

;) that's the funniest s*** i've ever heard about s*** lol

And i'd probably go...nowhere :) lucasarts boards are unpleasing to the eye, almost as unpleasing as the denizens that lurk it. It's like the taris undercity, filled with reeeally freaky guys....

LA Forums?

"Giving the LA Forums some class" by sending in the Obsidian fans would be like "Sprucing up the New York sewer system with a little Feng Shui."  The endless stream of crap runs deeper than any small touch of civility may remedy, I fear.

:) that's the funniest s*** i've ever heard about s*** lol

And i'd probably go...nowhere :( lucasarts boards are unpleasing to the eye, almost as unpleasing as the denizens that lurk it. It's like the taris undercity, filled with reeeally freaky guys....

What's worse is once the LA forum rakghouls troll you, you gradually mutate into one of them. ;)

manthing2.jpg

*takes a look at the alternatives*

NO.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And then there are some of us who aren't Star Wars fans and just liked the Kotors (1&2) because they were good games in their own right despite being Star Wars games... :thumbsup:

Nevermind. I already got a second home. If all else fails, I'll have to face life :ph34r:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some of us are starwars fans that wouldn't even think of going to the L.A. forums...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If all else fails, I'll have to face life  :ph34r:

Oh, no! Not... LIFE!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "