What's Next??????

What style of game would you like to see the Star Wars Universe done in?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What style of game would you like to see the Star Wars Universe done in?

• Grand Theft Auto-style
    • Action
    • RPG
    • FPS
    • Fighting
    • Resident Evil-style (NJO storyline)
    • Classic Side Scroller
    • Other (State what other style you may think of)

I think that a Grand Theft Auto styled game would be awsome, where you can steal ships and speeders and just joyride, or you could take on missions. I would have it set up to where you could create your own character though and pick which direction you could take in the game. Picking from three different roles, Jedi, Bounty Hunter, or Smuggler.

I still have those lego sets somewhere. I bought them purely as a collectable, boxes are still sealed and everything.

The games are all tied to the new series, so I'm not really expecting to see an old trilogy SW lego game (would be nice though).

A star wars lego RPG would be hillarious too:D

Obi Wan in EP I of lego , is priceless, he keeps falling over and fumbling his lightsaber.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Obsidian are masters RPG story tellers, (BG1 and 2). When it comes to party banter and conversations these guys have few if any equal. SOOOOOO!!!! Why not BG3!!!! If they did this I would be ready to lay down and die a fulfilled happy man

A point-and-click adventure.

No, seriously.

OK, I know it's not feasible, as only I and three other people would buy it. This is why I like the Kotor games - the combat is fairly unobtrusive (easy), so I can just sit back and enjoy it like watching an action movie. It fills the spaces between the really good stuff, the story and dialogue. And because it does have combat, it sells enough for them to keep making more (hopefully).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

A point-and-click adventure.

No, seriously.

OK, I know it's not feasible, as only I and three other people would buy it.

That makes five of us. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Actually I'd quite like to see a GTA-style SW games. Imagine that, basically an RPG, but you're free to interact with the environment, get in vehicles/starfighters and move around the universe at will, but with a proper storyline and missions to do! *drools at the thought*

GTA style would be good but definitely add in the RPG factor, with skill sets, stats and different stuff from RPGland.

Also add more intercharacter dynamics.

Maybe like there are playercentric quests so if you do 3 quests for Miras thing, she joins your side... and erm you should have to choose between certain chars so as not to have everyone on your ship.

I put down RPG of course, because I love them so, but if you could cross it with a GTA/Morrowind-type world environment(s) with a truer freedom of movement that would be cool (plus throw in more quests & interaction too, natch).

Translation: Are your words the kindness/mercy of dreams, I wonder? Lies can hide all. It is unfair, isn't it?

Out of curiosity: A) Am I close on that translation? B) Where is that from? I probably screwed up line two, but cut me some slack, it's been years since my last Japanese class! <chuckle> :devil:

Obsidian are masters RPG story tellers, (BG1 and 2).  When it comes to party banter and conversations these guys have few if any equal.  SOOOOOO!!!! Why not BG3!!!!  If they did this I would be ready to lay down and die a fulfilled happy man

Obsidian are masters RPG story tellers, (BG1 and 2).  When it comes to party banter and conversations these guys have few if any equal.  SOOOOOO!!!! Why not BG3!!!!  If they did this I would be ready to lay down and die a fulfilled happy man

GTA meets KotOR... Now that would be a game, dammit!

Too bad it'll NEVER happen.

I'd love to see something like this come about, but I know all too well shakey is the ground that GTA walketh. And Star Wars could never tread that same ground while maintaining it's squeeky-clean rep.

Could you imagine chasing civillians through the streets of Coruscant undercity with a blaster in your hand and an angry wookie at your back, making them run out into head-on traffic only to be knocked 100 yards offscreen by a speeding landspeeder?

How much fun would it be to role-play a Tommy Vercetti-like dark hutt jedi who wants to start off his quest for power by moving in on the Exchange, and taking over their spice routes? As they come to get you in your super phat palace you could ignite your red lightsaber and growl, "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Scenarios like that would be a blast to play, but they would not go over well with the church moms. No, sir.