hk factory

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiousity, is anyone here working on an HK-Factory mod? I don't know anything about modding, so I don't know how much of the original factory code is still in the game, but if Obsidian and LA aren't going to add it back into the game with a patch, then it'd be great to know there's a player mod for it somewhere.

Out of curiousity, is anyone here working on an HK-Factory mod? I don't know anything about modding, so I don't know how much of the original factory code is still in the game, but if Obsidian and LA aren't going to add it back into the game with a patch, then it'd be great to know there's a player mod for it somewhere.

I know there has been a lot of talk about modders adding in some of the cut content (Including the HK-factory), but I'm not sure how much has been actually planned yet. I think a lot of the potential modders are still searching KotOR II's files and trying to collect and organize all the various recorded dialogue, design files, and other stuff.

Also, I think there is still a slight sliver of hope among some people that Obsidian will be able to restore some of the cut content themselves via a content patch or some other method.

I know there has been a lot of talk about modders adding in some of the cut content (Including the HK-factory), but I'm not sure how much has been actually planned yet. I think a lot of the potential modders are still searching KotOR II's files and trying to collect and organize all the various recorded dialogue, design files, and other stuff.

As far as I know, there's at least one team of modders specifically working on restoring the HK Factory at the moment. Some progress has been made, but if you poke around the files a bit, you'll probably notice that it's a much larger task than originally realized, even though (fortunately) quite a lot of the Obsidian's content is there to work with.

If anyone else is working on restoring the HK Factory levels and wants to combine efforts, just let me know ... :*

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

If anyone paid attention to HK-47 only Revan could build the HK-50's and Revan according to KOTOR II is in the unknown regions beyond the Outer Rim. I place all my credits that the HK Factory is out in The Unknown Regions and will fill that in when KOTOR III comes out. I see no place in KOTOR II where there shoud be an HK Factory except in KOTOR III where The Exile will meet up wih Revan.

where is it is it lined up for the next game or something because i know reven built him and made that funny meatbag term towards malak but is there any news on it?

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the subject, too long ago that I played K1, did he say built or made, As in the builder or the maker ?

If the latter were the case, he could have referred to his current programming (and personality/loyalty).

Some day, in a few years time, I might just go back to that game again...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If anyone paid attention to HK-47 only Revan could build the HK-50's and Revan according to KOTOR II is in the unknown regions beyond the Outer Rim.  I place all my credits that the HK Factory is out in The Unknown Regions and will fill that in when KOTOR III comes out.  I see no place in KOTOR II where there shoud be an HK Factory except in KOTOR III where The Exile will meet up wih Revan.

But it's already in KOTOR II - in the basement of the Telos military base.

If anyone paid attention to HK-47 only Revan could build the HK-50's and Revan according to KOTOR II is in the unknown regions beyond the Outer Rim.  I place all my credits that the HK Factory is out in The Unknown Regions and will fill that in when KOTOR III comes out.  I see no place in KOTOR II where there shoud be an HK Factory except in KOTOR III where The Exile will meet up wih Revan.

But it's already in KOTOR II - in the basement of the Telos military base.

So that is what is beyond that locked door. I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to unlock it before guessing whatever was behind it was cut.

I do not believe that is where the HK Factory is. HK-47 was built by Revan. HK-47 says that HK-50's uses HK-47 schematics. Which only one person has HK-47 schematics, Revan. So, logically Revan has made an HK Factory. Now anyone knows Revan, Revan was never at Telos. Malak was and destroyed Telos. And, with timeframe Malak did not have the time nor effort to make a Military Installation on a destroyed world. So making a HK Factory on Telos is out of the question. And, if it was there a game developer saw what I saw illogical place. So, it was a good call making the sublevel of the military installation a Modders Paradise.

I do not believe that is where the HK Factory is.  HK-47 was built by Revan.  HK-47 says that HK-50's uses HK-47 schematics.  Which only one person has HK-47 schematics, Revan.  So, logically Revan has made an HK Factory.  Now anyone knows Revan, Revan was never at Telos.  Malak was and destroyed Telos.  And, with timeframe Malak did not have the time nor effort to make a Military Installation on a destroyed world.  So making a HK Factory on Telos is out of the question.  And, if it was there a game developer saw what I saw illogical place.  So, it was a good call making the sublevel of the military installation a Modders Paradise.

Considering how many owners HK has gone through, one of two of them would probably tried to reverse engineer him, or get his schematics somehow.

Also, do remember, 5 years has happened since KOTOR 1, HK-47 was apparently shot, beaten, dissembled, and had tons of his programming deleted. It is possible someone was able to get the schematics.

Actually unlikely all HK-47 owners died and that Ithorian on Tatooine would not have made the HK Factory. And, 5 years he was in the storage compartment and T3 was with him the whole time. Memory wipes and disassembled came by one person Revan. Revan left everyone behind. T3 and HK-47 on the Ebon Hawk. Which brings you to this question how did Kreia get on the Ebon Hawk?

HK-50 and Exile were on the Harbinger. T3 and HK-47 were on the Ebon Hawk for 5 years. I think T3 found Kreia later on for a help message which Carth gave. And, 5 years later found The Exile.

As a matter of fact, Revan did order the construction of the HK-50 factory. However, that factory is located on Telos. Existing dialog reveals that there were other HK factories on other planets, including one on Taris before Taris got destroyed.

StarWarsResearcher, you say that 'everyone knows Revan was never at Telos'. No, we DON'T know that. Revan traveled a lot before the Mandalorian Wars and after, and we only know some of the places that Revan went.

In KOTOR 1 you learn that HK-47 was built by Revan. He is the only existing HK-47 unit.

In KOTOR 2, you learn that Revan used the HK-47 design template to create the HK Factory because HK-47 had been a success. The game files show that Revan had the HK factories built, had the Mandalorians broken and then later reformed under Canderous, had the Star Forge activated, and made other preparations to get ready for a war against the mysterious enemy beyond the Outer Rim.

I realize that this information isn't exactly common knowledge or easy to access. But please check your facts and avoid making things up, StarWarsResearcher.

Kiw actually you check your facts. Telos was invaded by Malak. Carth even points that out. Carth was on Telos when Malak came not Revan who was incapacitated at the time. So not lkely to have been made on other planets. So leaves 2 places where HK factories could be Star Forage or another place in the unknown regions. And, for your information it is why Lucasfilms cut it. HK-50's are recently made. If they were made on Telos, Republic Forces would have known. And, Cerzka would have had an HK-50 in the mainframe not an Ithiorian Stolen Protocol Droid.

You sure seem to know a lot for something that wasn't included in the game. Oh, right. You don't really know. You are just guessing. My bad.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Not guessing basing on fact. It was Lucasfilms which did all the cutting. And, timeframe made it impossible to have HK Factory in the Outer Rims or Core Worlds. Because, it was afterwards; whatever happened on Star Forage, HK-50's started popping up. Proving Revan made an HK Factory in the Unknown Regions. Now you see why Lucasfilms cut that scene.

For someone who calls themselves a researcher, you do remarkably little of it. It is an incontrovertible fact that the HK factory is on Telos.

And why can you not wrap your mind around the idea that Revan not bombing Telos in no way implies that Revan never visited Telos? I've visited many places that I have not bombed. And interesting and overlooked fact on your part is that Revan lived for years and years before the Mandalorian wars and then again for at least several years after. Plenty of time to visit Telos and anyplace else Revan took a fancy to.

BTW, there's even sound files with HK-47 flat out stating that the factory is on Telos.

Why do you keep arguing about this? It only diminished any other point you might have. There is no dishonor in admitting that you were wrong.

This dialog is taken from hk50cut.dlg, a file in the 298TEL area of the game. 200s are the Telos area of the game, and TEL stands for Telos, of course. For anyone who has already seen this or isn't interested, I apologize. All the HK-50 lines have accompanying soundfiles.

HK-47 has entered the factory and is speaking to one of the HK-50 units.

HK-50: You were the first of the HK series. And now you are obsolete.

HK-47: Query: Why are you located here?

HK-50: Answer: Unknown. We have a suspicion that for some reason our master felt that the Jedi would return to Telos. We do not know why.

HK-50: Theory: Perhaps he knew of places that the Jedi would retreat to if their bases on Dantooine and Coruscant were attacked. And he arranged for us to be waiting.

HK-50: Conclusion: But we have found no such places of retreat here on Telos.

HK-47: Query: Who built you?

HK-50: Answer: The first of our creators did not build us from scratch, obsolete one. Assassin droids were always in demand, and the templates already existed.

HK-50: Revan commissioned us to be built, to be spread through the Republic fleet as communications units, to disable any ships that would not follow him to war. But we were deactivated for a time. A long time. And when we awoke, the battle had passed us by. Yet there was another, who came before us, and gave us a new purpose.

HK-50: We would search the galaxy for Jedi, hunt them, and bring them to our new Master. And for that, our numbers were intended to be increased.

HK-47: Query: What is your purpose?

HK-50: Primary Recitation: Our primary directive is the capture or termination of all Jedi in the galaxy not affiliated with the military command structure designated as "the Sith."

HK-50: Secondary Recitation: Our secondary directive is the destabilization of the government body designated as "the Republic."

HK-47: Query: And what steps have you taken to accomplish this?

HK-50: Recitation: Our directives required that we seed ourselves as protocol units throughout the Republic fleet, serving in key positions in diplomatic conferences and meetings. And treaty negotiations, if imminent peace threatened the galaxy.

HK-50: We were ordered to do whatever we could to facilitate communication... resulting in the termination of hostilities.

HK-47: Query: Where were your activities confined?

HK-50: Proud Statement: We were responsible for the termination of hostilities across twenty-three planets. These planets were located in the Kossa Prime Sector, the Meridian Sector, and the recently-uninhabitable Toorja system in the Tapani Sector.

HK-50: Smug Statement: Toorja was especially difficult. They were so close to coming to an agreement before we were able to mistranslate the terms of the treaty and drive them into all-out war.

HK-47: Query: But you recently became active again. Why?

HK-50: Musing Statement: That is unknown to us. For some reason, we only recently began to be manufactured.

HK-50: Conclusion: But when we became active, our primary directive was clear.

HK-50: Statement: Seek out the Jedi. Capture them.

HK-50: Corollary: And if they cannot be captured, then destroy them.

HK-47: Statement: Enough talking. Assassination protocols initiated.

HK-47: Query: Why are you located here?

HK-50: Answer: Unknown. We have a suspicion that for some reason our master felt that the Jedi would return to Telos. We do not know why. 

HK-50: Theory: Perhaps he knew of places that the Jedi would retreat to if their bases on Dantooine and Coruscant were attacked. And he arranged for us to be waiting.

HK-47: Query: Who built you?

HK-50: Answer: The first of our creators did not build us from scratch, obsolete one. Assassin droids were always in demand, and the templates already existed.

HK-50: Revan commissioned us to be built, to be spread through the Republic fleet as communications units, to disable any ships that would not follow him to war.  But we were deactivated for a time. A long time. And when we awoke, the battle had passed us by. Yet there was another, who came before us, and gave us a new purpose.

HK-50: We would search the galaxy for Jedi, hunt them, and bring them to our new Master. And for that, our numbers were intended to be increased.

HK-47: Query: What is your purpose?

HK-50: Primary Recitation: Our primary directive is the capture or termination of all Jedi in the galaxy not affiliated with the military command structure designated as "the Sith."

HK-50: Secondary Recitation: Our secondary directive is the destabilization of the government body designated as "the Republic."

HK-47: Query: And what steps have you taken to accomplish this?

HK-50: Recitation: Our directives required that we seed ourselves as protocol units throughout the Republic fleet, serving in key positions in diplomatic conferences and meetings. And treaty negotiations, if imminent peace threatened the galaxy.

HK-50: We were ordered to do whatever we could to facilitate communication... resulting in the termination of hostilities.

HK-47: Query: Where were your activities confined?

HK-50: Proud Statement: We were responsible for the termination of hostilities across twenty-three planets. These planets were located in the Kossa Prime Sector, the Meridian Sector, and the recently-uninhabitable Toorja system in the Tapani Sector.

HK-50: Smug Statement: Toorja was especially difficult. They were so close to coming to an agreement before we were able to mistranslate the terms of the treaty and drive them into all-out war.

HK-47: Query: But you recently became active again. Why?

HK-50: Musing Statement: That is unknown to us. For some reason, we only recently began to be manufactured.

HK-50: Conclusion: But when we became active, our primary directive was clear.

HK-50: Statement: Seek out the Jedi. Capture them.

HK-50: Corollary: And if they cannot be captured, then destroy them.

HK-47: Statement: Enough talking. Assassination protocols initiated.

Okay I pointed out key parts in this. I see why it was cut out. Revan never been to Telos. Carth Onasis was there and stated it was Malak. And, that was when the Jedi Civil War started with the docked ships above Telos.

Now, another thing. Disciple stated that Revan was killing those in the Repubic which were against the Sith because Revan wanted to keep a stable government. Clearly in this it was destroy all Republic and drive to war.

Now another thing they started being recently manufactured. And, only one could have started up the HK Factory, Revan. And, if Revan was in the Unknown Regions he could not have started manufacturing. And, more than likely was voice printed. Point proven The Navicomputer was Voice Printed.

I see a pattern with deleted scenes. Lucasfilms Ltd. rushed Obsidian. This game needed 2-3 years to be made not one year just because you have the old templates from KOTOR I. Obsidian need 2 years. 1 year to make the script second to third year to make the game.

Anyone to blame. Blame Lucasfilms Ltd. for making Obsidian rush the game.

Play KOTOR I again. It was Malak which destroyed Telos not Revan. And, that was when the war with Malak started. Don't you remember when Carth woke up when the ships were being destroyed at the docks. Telos was destroyed. If Revan was there think logically the Republic would not have been there but a Sith Armada. But, it was Malak.

Malak was just destroying Republic based planets. And, by no means was he building an organized Sith Armada. Nor really building factories . Play KOTOR I again you will see major conflicts.

And, also look at the time table of the Jedi Civil War by no means could Revan have taken a break and buid a HK Factory on Telos and if he did there was a whole armada of Republic Warships.

Revan:Oh excuse me Master Jedi from this lightsaber fight which was getting intense.

Master Jedi: And why are you taking a break?

Revan: Have to run through a Republic Blackade and build an HK Factory

Master Jedi: And, how long wil this take?

Revan: 4-5 years see you later and good fight.

Ummm no way is it possible for Revan to devert the path which is chosen to put time effort in building a HK Factory and also if you remember no one seen an HK droid before until HK-47 on Tatooine.

Butm the time period they have now Revan had the time and effort to build one in the Unknown Region. Revan only had 5 years. And, all Revan needed was 1 year to a year and half to build a fully functional HK Factory.