Obsidian Encouragement

Great voices actors, especially for Visas, Kreia, and Sion. Never get tired of Kelly Hu.

The improved scripts for your fellows, did not micromanage as much as I did in Kotor. The ability to breakdown and get rid of old datapads, new onew showing up on screen without having to dig thru inventory.

switching weapons, the greater number of things to customize weapons.

The dancer's outfit, near naked sparring with Handmaiden, Force sex with Visas.

Liked the attack on GOTO's yacht and Dxun Moon where you had to use side characters.

One funny bug after talking to jedi council everyone still alive, until I clicked talk button on Vrook. He keeled over and I thought, that really is bad breath, no wonder Mira does not want to get involved with the Exile.

I few other things i like...

- Kiera: As a lot of others I really liked how evil and sinister she was... and the way she influenced your party - allways pulling the strings molding you...

- T3-M4: Well, just great to see the little fellow again... And also the fact that he seemed very secretive... although he was suppose to help you... having his own agenda maybe...

Anyways...

Watching "The Man Show", finding it increasingly difficult to consentrate...

Just begun to play NWN again... Hope you do a good job with NWN II... can't wait...

I really liked how the two droids were filling in the roles of R2-D2 and C-3PO, but with different personalities. HK-47 was a good carryover, and I liked how T3-M4's personality was fleshed out even more.

It also explains why R2-D2 was always so quirky in the movies and in the post-ROTJ EU -- sixty or so years without a memory wipe will do wonders to a droid's brain... :o

I think most points have been sais already but one thing i want to add to great additions to the sequal is the increase of force power uses in dialogs.

I specially liked doing battle meditation for the troops assaulting the queens room.

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

Obsidian, Keep on rocking in the free world. o:)

Just get rid of those annyoing dialog loops k? lol. :D

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

I think the best compliment I can give to the Obsidian team is that even with all the falderal of KoTOR II, I'm on my second run through, and it's more than earned a place in my nice leather CD envelope, where I store the games that I KNOW I'm going to want to take out and play again, years down the road.

The second compliment is that I'm addicted to these high-quality games you have produced over the past decade (Baldur's Gate series, Icewind Dale, Planescape, etc). You know who you are.

I am *SO* waiting for NWN2 to be released, it's insane. Keep up the excellent work, Obsidian!!!

Let's see the good stuff-

*Increased use of skills, stats, and powers in the dialog options. (For future games, more! MORE! :( )

*The droids. T3-M4 had a personality this time around, the HKs were hillarious in their own morbid way, even G0T0 worked.

*The party split-up sequences. Such as the times seeing the game from T3-M4's point of view, and the party split on Dxun. If anything in future games having more sequences were the party needs to be two places at once, or the main character is doing something while the others are somewhere else, would be nice.

*The characters story-wise. Sion was creative with his creepy dialog, and Kreia was intriguing.

*Interactive "flashbacks" where you get to work out the history of your character and the world. More would have been nice, seeing the Exile give the order at Malachor V, seeing the Exile's last discussion with Kavar before going to war. Overall, this is a nice plot mechanic that I hope is used heavilly in a future Obsidian game.

Oh, and I will come out and say the one thing that iritates Obsidian employees the most is when we are referred to as BioJr, Bioboys, Bioleftovers, Biobitches or whatever fun little moniker has been thought up for the day.

I believe the term you're looking for is "bio-weenie". :wub:

But yes, Mr. Urquhart, I wholeheartedly agree - such monstours behavior is criminally unjust. Both you, Chris A., and all the other guys fully deserve our profuse respect and congratulations for releasing the wonderful masterpiece that is K2.

manthing2.jpg

I really enjoyed KOTOR 2.

I get so annoyed and tired of games like KOTOR where you spend seemingly half the game being introduced and coddled through the game.

It really hurts the game flow imo.

KOTOR 2, much like PS:T doesn't coddle you at all. You start off in much the same way, immediately in danger and no clue as to what the heck is going on.

There were tons of improvements upon the original game. Too many to really list, but all of them seemed for the better. The new interface was especially nice, compared to the original.

I especially liked the revamped skill system, and rewards thereof, as well as the new dialog options. It really brought more life to the game. My only gripe is that I'd for once like to see a Star Wars game allow someone to follow the dark side without having to resort to the typically idiotic "thug" mentality that so many seem to think is what being Sith is all about. I'd like to see some future games allow the insidious and devious side be able to be played effectively. While KOTOR 2 did allow this to a small degree, the majority of the dark side options were of the thug mentality. It's very difficult to play through with a Palpatine type persona and remain fully within the influence of the Dark Side. I realize that the options to do so wouldn't be glaringly obvious, but it would be nice if they WERE there.

A good example of what I mean is; in the Refuge Sector on Nar Shadaa. Convincing the Overseer, or even the Serroco, to let the refugees starve to death to draw in the Jedi would be far more evil then what you could do in there presently. A) You aren't mindlessly offing someone, B) you've done far more harm in a grander scale. C) Created a huge echo within the force. D) Kreia would be very pleased. :wub:

I get so tired of the a-typical Malak, Sion mentality for bad guys. They're so easily predictable. Obvious granduates of the "B3 4 B4DGUY F0R DUMMI3S" handbook.

As for the story, I liked it much better then the original. Any game that can keep me guessing throughout, gets a big plus in my book. Nothing is more of a let down then being able to predict a game well in advance. Not only that, but I'd much prefer layer upon layer upon layer, over stark black and white.

I enjoed the prequel films for this very reason. There's so much going on under the surface that it's simply amazing. But if you're not into that sort of thing, I can see where people would be upset. It's hard to swim in an environment when you're used to being spoon fed all the time.

Obsidian gets kudos from me on a top notch game with a top notch storyline. :wub:

Oh, and I will come out and say the one thing that iritates Obsidian employees the most is when we are referred to as BioJr, Bioboys, Bioleftovers, Biobitches or whatever fun little moniker has been thought up for the day.

I believe the term you're looking for is "bio-weenie". :thumbsup:

But yes, Mr. Urquhart, I wholeheartedly agree - such monstours behavior is criminally unjust. Both you, Chris A., and all the other guys fully deserve our profuse respect and congratulations for releasing the wonderful masterpiece that is K2.

With all due respect to Feargus (which is much) it's very easy to see why this impression has arrisen.

What I said was that the closure of these boards would further people seeing Obsidian as BioJr. and I stick by that. If a sense of self identity is important to Obsidian , which it seems to be. Then having your only official board on another companies webspace for whatever reason dosnt seem at all conducive to that.

Anyways here is (the totally unedited comment list from gameplay).

by Mundo, 27 February 2005

"As far a star wars go this improves on the original in almost all aspects great for fans but still rewarding as an rpg in it`s own right"

by sean, 21 February 2005

"great game - great story, great battle system. i like how your actions reflect on you and the freedom is great too"

by Carlito, 20 February 2005

"Possible the most thrilling and fantastic LucasArts game to date. 10/10"

"Music 10/10 Gameplay 10/10 Sound 10/10 Graphics 10/10 Controlls 10/10 Weapons 10/10 Possibly the most fantastic and enjoyable LucasArts game of all time."

by wardy123, 19 February 2005

"This game is a must buy for everyone who has an Xbox, Utter Brilliance!!! - 10/10"

by marc, 19 February 2005

"This game is just sheer class!! it takes over your life.... get it! 10/10"

by John, 17 February 2005

"The most fanstastic gaming experience of my life. Out of this world !! LOL Fantastatic storyline again. 10/10 You have to have this game. Bring on KOTOR 3"

by William Gowdy, 17 February 2005

"I have nearly completed this game and I cant say it was rubbish.It is truly one of the best games you will buy in your life time. Truly 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

by Master strike, 17 February 2005

"amazing game, graphics are cool. gameplay cool, tools cool, weapons cool 10/10"

by fuzz, 17 February 2005

"minted the best game ever"

by Steffan Griffiths, 17 February 2005

"The highly anticipated sequel to the 2003 Game of the Year, KOTOR 2 surpasses expectations. The play style is the same as before, and has the same freedom and karma."

by daniel , 17 February 2005

"This is one of the best games I have ever played it is a must have ! 10/10"

by franky, 16 February 2005

"I fould this game far too like the first one, graphics are the same and so are some of the characters, but still an amazing game"

by Tom Hurst, 16 February 2005

"How sequels should be made , not as good as the 1st but still an amzing game buy it now"

by Jake Gordon, 13 February 2005

"Excellent game, as good as the first, if not better. No downloadable content though."

by Arran, 12 February 2005

"This game is great better than the first one if you don`t have this game then get it and if you don`t have this or the first get them!"

PC Version.

by Steve, 26 February 2005

"Kotor 2 is brilliant. The story is darker and has more depth than Kotor 1. Best RPG for a long time."

by Tom Lewis, 23 February 2005

"Its a great and addictive game, sadly it lacks the indepth story line and go`s back to the planet hopping situation from the first one, but better combat and abilities!"

by symphara, 22 February 2005

"The game is pretty good, however riddled with bugs and frequent crashes. Check the LucasArts foums before buying!"

by polo, 20 February 2005

"great game there is so much you can do"

by Rondoggle, 19 February 2005

"Imagine KOTOR as a Subaru Impreza. Now KOTOR 2 is a 5 litre turbo added in the engine to givce max performance. Superb."

by Drew Sebastapol, 19 February 2005

"Brilliant game. Darker more interesting story than the first by far. A must have for fans of Star wars and for anyone who likes a good CRPG."

by GURU, 19 February 2005

"AWESOME!!!!!!"

by Peter, 16 February 2005

"If you liked the first game, you`ll love this one. A deeper story with enhanced combat, and the ability to influence your party. Life-consuming brilliance."

by The dude master, 13 February 2005

"DUDE! the name says it all! this is the best star wars game EVER!!!!!! 10/10"

( I added the totally unedited bit because I didnt want anyone to think I edited out the negative stuff). It was just there is none...

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I believe the term you're looking for is "bio-weenie". :thumbsup:

With all due respect to Feargus (which is much) it's very easy to see why this impression has arrisen.

What I said was that the closure of these boards would further people seeing Obsidian as BioJr. and I stick by that. If a sense of self identity is important to Obsidian , which it seems to be. Then having your only official board on another companies webspace for whatever reason dosnt seem at all conducive to that.

Anyways here is (the totally unedited comment list from gameplay).

by Mundo, 27 February 2005

"As far a star wars go this improves on the original in almost all aspects great for fans but still rewarding as an rpg in it`s own right"

by sean, 21 February 2005

"great game - great story, great battle system. i like how your actions reflect on you and the freedom is great too"

"Possible the most thrilling and fantastic LucasArts game to date. 10/10"

"Music 10/10 Gameplay 10/10 Sound 10/10 Graphics 10/10 Controlls 10/10 Weapons 10/10 Possibly the most fantastic and enjoyable LucasArts game of all time."

by wardy123, 19 February 2005

"This game is a must buy for everyone who has an Xbox, Utter Brilliance!!! - 10/10"

by marc, 19 February 2005

"This game is just sheer class!! it takes over your life.... get it! 10/10"

by John, 17 February 2005

"The most fanstastic gaming experience of my life. Out of this world !! LOL Fantastatic storyline again. 10/10 You have to have this game. Bring on KOTOR 3"

by William Gowdy, 17 February 2005

"I have nearly completed this game and I cant say it was rubbish.It is truly one of the best games you will buy in your life time. Truly 10/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

by Master strike, 17 February 2005

"amazing game, graphics are cool. gameplay cool, tools cool, weapons cool 10/10"

by fuzz, 17 February 2005

"minted the best game ever"

by Steffan Griffiths, 17 February 2005

"The highly anticipated sequel to the 2003 Game of the Year, KOTOR 2 surpasses expectations. The play style is the same as before, and has the same freedom and karma."

by daniel , 17 February 2005

"This is one of the best games I have ever played it is a must have ! 10/10"

by franky, 16 February 2005

"I fould this game far too like the first one, graphics are the same and so are some of the characters, but still an amazing game"

by Tom Hurst, 16 February 2005

"How sequels should be made , not as good as the 1st but still an amzing game buy it now"

by Jake Gordon, 13 February 2005

"Excellent game, as good as the first, if not better. No downloadable content though."

by Arran, 12 February 2005

"This game is great better than the first one if you don`t have this game then get it and if you don`t have this or the first get them!"

PC Version.

by Steve, 26 February 2005

"Kotor 2 is brilliant. The story is darker and has more depth than Kotor 1. Best RPG for a long time."

by Tom Lewis, 23 February 2005

"Its a great and addictive game, sadly it lacks the indepth story line and go`s back to the planet hopping situation from the first one, but better combat and abilities!"

by symphara, 22 February 2005

"The game is pretty good, however riddled with bugs and frequent crashes. Check the LucasArts foums before buying!"

by polo, 20 February 2005

"great game there is so much you can do"

by Rondoggle, 19 February 2005

"Imagine KOTOR as a Subaru Impreza. Now KOTOR 2 is a 5 litre turbo added in the engine to givce max performance. Superb."

by Drew Sebastapol, 19 February 2005

"Brilliant game. Darker more interesting story than the first by far. A must have for fans of Star wars and for anyone who likes a good CRPG."

by GURU, 19 February 2005

"AWESOME!!!!!!"

by Peter, 16 February 2005

"If you liked the first game, you`ll love this one. A deeper story with enhanced combat, and the ability to influence your party. Life-consuming brilliance."

by The dude master, 13 February 2005

"DUDE! the name says it all! this is the best star wars game EVER!!!!!! 10/10"

( I added the totally unedited bit because I didnt want anyone to think I edited out the negative stuff). It was just there is none...

I loved the game.

Great job Obsidian.

What I liked:

-The general storyline was much more original. It was nice that it could be a personal quest for revenge, a personal quest for answers, or an epic quest to defeat the sith, depending on your conversation options.

-The influence system was a good start, I liked how your actions could influence others.

-Graphical improvements were very good, and I liked how there were several unique heads for unimportant NPCs.

-New upgrade/creation system was excellent

-New feats and such improved a lot on the play balance side of things.

-Larger maps

What I didn't like

-Unfinished(bugs, ending, etc.)

-With the influence system, when people are darkside, they shouldn't get all happy when you do lightside things and vice versa.

-Single saber is still weaker than dual.

In general I feel that the game as a whole is better than Kotor1, and if you only count the game before Malachor, its better than most RPGs out there.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What I didn't like

-Unfinished(bugs, ending, etc.)

-With the influence system, when people are darkside, they shouldn't get all happy when you do lightside things and vice versa.

-Single saber is still weaker than dual.

Shhh...the devs are listening. :ph34r:

(Let this be our little secret, :thumbsup: )

manthing2.jpg

I don't know if the devs will read this or not, and I hae no idea if they care or not, but personally I found the game to be excellent however short compared to the first one.

I can make around 50 or so suggestions all ranging from minor graphics glitches to more serious problems encountered in the game.

However I played through the game twice and I really feel that this is a great game on its own.

Its like you go out someplace to eat, sure they have great burgers, but that place near your house is also great, you like them both, they are both great in their own way, and both have somethings that they could have improved. You end up enjoying both of them :thumbsup:

I liked both the games, enjoyed playing both of them, I just cannot wait to get my hands on KotOR 3.

*please don't let it be a trilogy...too many trilogies out right now...*

I'd be very, very happy with 4 or 5 games continuing the same story of Revan vs. The True Sith

Great game Obsidian. If you get the go ahead for KotOR3, just make sure that you don't cut anything from the game which spoils the rhythm of the game. :)

*waves*