Obsidian Encouragement

deal with it.

First off, just had to say this: take your own advice vxronin. If I were to judge you by the content of your posts that I've read, I'd say you don't posses the ability of abstract thinking when you're trying to deal with any form of personal dissappointment. You have not contributed anything of use to this community. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most of the serious posters that are critical of KotOR2 would agree. So, in conclusion, take your own advice: either start trying to create constructive arguments and recognize the good aspects of the game, or, take a hike.

I'm guessing the above might constitute as "trolling." All I have to say about that is, in your own words, deal with it.

Back on topic however, I must honestly say that I don't have any real complaints. I don't play games that much, but judging from what I've heard of recent RPGs and games I have played, KotOR2 beats a LOT. Sure, it had its flaws, but what game doesn't? It had, IMO, several vast improvements over KotOR1, and the story was, to me, much better. No joke. It was damn good. The last game I played with a better story was Fallout (I never played PS:T ;) ), and that's saying something. Anyway, I'm not gonna regurgitate all the good things about the game that other people have said (though I've probably already regurgitated some :) )...

Well, can't say I didn't TRY.... This thread was supposed to be about showing Obsidian the love, not more pointless bickering & squabbling. So be it...

Yeah it is sad. Posting something that is argumentitive seems about the only way to get anyone to reply to your posts on these boards lately. I have had my issues with the game but I tried to "show Obsidian the love" by writing ten things I liked about the game.

then why does every single one of your posts include a comparison between the two? seems to me youre the one thats making the issue a "bioware vs. obsidian" one.

Are you really this ignorent? Please seek and read my original post in this thread. This game is a *sequal. You compare any and all things after-- to the *original product (KOTOR1 created by BIOWARE). Not only is it a sequal but the same engine was used from Bioware's KOTOR1. Any comparison between the two is more than legitmate, fanboy.

then why does every single one of your posts include a comparison between the two? seems to me youre the one thats making the issue a "bioware vs. obsidian" one.

Are you really this ignorent? Please seek and read my original post in this thread. This game is a *sequal. You compare any and all things after-- to the *original product (KOTOR1 created by BIOWARE). Not only is it a sequal but the same engine was used from Bioware's KOTOR1. Any comparison between the two is more than legitmate, fanboy.

I think the problem is your confusion between "facts" and "opinions".

First off, just had to say this: take your own advice vxronin.  If I were to judge you by the content of your posts that I've read, I'd say you don't posses the ability of abstract thinking when you're trying to deal with any form of personal dissappointment.  You have not contributed anything of use to this community.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most of the serious posters that are critical of KotOR2 would agree.  So, in conclusion, take your own advice: either start trying to create constructive arguments and recognize the good aspects of the game, or, take a hike.

I'm guessing the above might constitute as "trolling."  All I have to say about that is, in your own words, deal with it.

I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Back to topic then...

*clears throat*

Love Bao Dur :) ... love the horns and the voice and the fact that he called my "General" and that he was just too cute for words and he wore that awesome tight black t-shirt and that his journey really mirrors the Exile's and that no one can hear him but the Exile and... and... and... he is just to squee-licious! :wub:

Anyone that can create the newest pixcel love of my life is just... awesome! >_<

:huh:

How was that?! :-"

Seriously... it's a good game, OE. I am looking forward to NWN2. :)

Quite frankly many people have different strategies of voicing their opinions to their target audience. Some are more successful than others.

Likewise, many people have different strategies of getting attention. Some are more successful than others. But afterall, people get attention because it was given. So to those who do not deserve attention.....

Anyway, I digress. I honestly think KoTOR2 was at least a decent game. Granted, there are disappointments, but there were some nice surprises too (at least for me). I think the biggest faults this game has are that 1) it is the sequel to Game of the Year of 2003; 2) they only had about a year for this; and 3) some of the developers' past resumes were way up there.

But anyway, here are what I liked about KoTOR2:

- weapon-switching: subtle change, but it's a great help

- influence system: not perfect yet, but I think it's a huge leap forward

- Kreia (the character): for some reason if I'm someone in the Star Wars universe, I'll hate Palpatine; but I'll fear people like Kreia. Don't know why, but I think it's a good thing.

- dialog options: seem much more natural

- force persuade don't always get you DS point

- ambiguities in the ethics of your decisions: even though I don't necessarily agree with all of them, I think it's a vast improvement from KoTOR1

- item creation/breakdowns/upgrades

- innovations to swoop racing: vertical challenges, dodging other swoop bikes...

- "facing the past" on Korriban: I'd prefer to have that included in dream sequence (or something similar) where a little more explanation is given regarding other storyline items (e.g. Exile's past with Bao-Dur, mass-shadow generator, Exile's past with Atris, etc)

- [i'm sure I'll come up with more later]

But having said all that, I'll also list my criticisms about the game (for Obsidian's reference anyway, since my criticisms may or may not be well founded):

- companions transition to be Jedi were too sudden (would be nice if it takes a few levels before they truly feel the force)

- levelling did seem a little too quick (but of course one can argue Kreia might be secretly feeding power through the bond)

- the individual Jedi Masters you found seemed to at least sympathize with the Exile, only to turn back on you when you meet again on Dantooine...

- the animation of idling with lightsabers on: didn't like the one with two lightsabers and the one with double-bladed lightsaber (and the idling time seems too long before lightsaber is shut off, particularly after a battle (perhaps if we can have a keyboard-bound key to turn off the idling animation?)

- not being able to return to Telos Academy seemed artificial (since Bao-Dur knew where it was, and T3 downloaded Atris' archive, and the Ebon Hawk's navigation system should still have the record (they can always land outside and walk in yeah?))

- spacesuit walks too quickly: I know KoTOR1's speed was slow, but it fits the bulkyness of the suit (maybe if you're making KoTOR3, make the suit less bulky and perhaps make some assisting propulsion system built into the suit?)

- enemy AI could use a boost

- the ending... (but I'm sure Obsidian got the message already)

Back to topic then...

*clears throat*

Love Bao Dur  :)  ... love the horns and the voice and the fact that he called my "General" and that he was just too cute for words and he wore that awesome tight black t-shirt and that his journey really mirrors the Exile's and that no one can hear him but the Exile and... and... and... he is just to squee-licious!  :wub:

Anyone that can create the newest pixcel love of my life is just... awesome!  >_<

How was that?!  :-"

Seriously... it's a good game, OE.  I am looking forward to NWN2.  :)

Just a little bit worrying :D

I'd like to look forward to NwNII but considering I didnt like the first one and much. I'm sure Obsidian can blow the OC out of the water when it comes to story. What I'm not sure about is if they can make the NwN model of one PC and a bunch of idiot AI followers workable for me.

KOTOR would have likely drove me nuts had I not been able to point people in the right direction at times. Even with the new more accesable and improved stances.

Oh one thing I really want to see in KOTOR III. For you to actually wear your lightsaber on your belt and be able to flick aside your cloak to get it. And for it to be knocked out of your hand as a combat action and you be able to force pull it back.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Back to topic then...

*clears throat*

Love Bao Dur  :)  ... love the horns and the voice and the fact that he called my "General" and that he was just too cute for words and he wore that awesome tight black t-shirt and that his journey really mirrors the Exile's and that no one can hear him but the Exile and... and... and... he is just to squee-licious!  :wub:

Anyone that can create the newest pixcel love of my life is just... awesome!  >_<

How was that?!  :-"

Seriously... it's a good game, OE.  I am looking forward to NWN2.  :)

Glad to hear you liked the voice. I thought it was ok. He always sounded "sleepy" to me though.

Glad to hear you liked the voice. I thought it was ok. He always sounded "sleepy" to me though.

It's the understated intensity "chicks" dig it. My wife said that , the understated intensity bit, not the chick bit. I just typed that because she is watching.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Continuing on about Dionara....

In the end I promised her what she wanted to hear, although I wasn't sure if I meant it (although she DID look sorta HOT as well as EAGER).

So.......

With that in mind......

Obsidian, you have my undying respect and admiration and I promise I will buy all your future PC games.

:D

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Quite frankly many people have different strategies of voicing their opinions to their target audience.  Some are more successful than others.

Likewise, many people have different strategies of getting attention.  Some are more successful than others.  But afterall, people get attention because it was given.  So to those who do not deserve attention.....

Anyway, I digress.  I honestly think KoTOR2 was at least a decent game.  Granted, there are disappointments, but there were some nice surprises too (at least for me).  I think the biggest faults this game has are that 1) it is the sequel to Game of the Year of 2003; 2) they only had about a year for this; and 3) some of the developers' past resumes were way up there.

But anyway, here are what I liked about KoTOR2:

- weapon-switching: subtle change, but it's a great help

- influence system: not perfect yet, but I think it's a huge leap forward

- Kreia (the character): for some reason if I'm someone in the Star Wars universe, I'll hate Palpatine; but I'll fear people like Kreia.  Don't know why, but I think it's a good thing.

- dialog options: seem much more natural

- force persuade don't always get you DS point

- ambiguities in the ethics of your decisions: even though I don't necessarily agree with all of them, I think it's a vast improvement from KoTOR1

- item creation/breakdowns/upgrades

- innovations to swoop racing: vertical challenges, dodging other swoop bikes...

- "facing the past" on Korriban: I'd prefer to have that included in dream sequence (or something similar) where a little more explanation is given regarding other storyline items (e.g. Exile's past with Bao-Dur, mass-shadow generator, Exile's past with Atris, etc)

- [i'm sure I'll come up with more later]

But having said all that, I'll also list my criticisms about the game (for Obsidian's reference anyway, since my criticisms may or may not be well founded):

- companions transition to be Jedi were too sudden (would be nice if it takes a few levels before they truly feel the force)

- levelling did seem a little too quick (but of course one can argue Kreia might be secretly feeding power through the bond)

- the individual Jedi Masters you found seemed to at least sympathize with the Exile, only to turn back on you when you meet again on Dantooine...

- the animation of idling with lightsabers on: didn't like the one with two lightsabers and the one with double-bladed lightsaber (and the idling time seems too long before lightsaber is shut off, particularly after a battle (perhaps if we can have a keyboard-bound key to turn off the idling animation?)

- not being able to return to Telos Academy seemed artificial (since Bao-Dur knew where it was, and T3 downloaded Atris' archive, and the Ebon Hawk's navigation system should still have the record (they can always land outside and walk in yeah?))

- spacesuit walks too quickly: I know KoTOR1's speed was slow, but it fits the bulkyness of the suit (maybe if you're making KoTOR3, make the suit less bulky and perhaps make some assisting propulsion system built into the suit?)

- enemy AI could use a boost

- the ending... (but I'm sure Obsidian got the message already)

WOW!!! Thanks Rick, now I don't have to write this out! My hits and misses too!!

It's the understated intensity "chicks" dig it. My wife said that , the understated intensity bit, not the chick bit. I just typed that because she is watching.

I guess understated intensity would be sexier that sleep deprived. Thanks for explaining that.

Yea, i liked Bao-Dur's personality too (and his skills of course :D ).

One thing that made him sympathic to me when i played LS is the fact that he shares many tragic memories of the war with the Exile, especially the events on Malachor.