Obsidian Encouragement

************ Small game ending spoiler ************

Well for 1 thing I personally thought the graphics were slightly better in KOTOR2! LOL I know that goes against the common thought here, but I just reloaded KOTOR1 and I had to UP the graphics resolution to get the same quality as KOTOR2! Is this just me?

What I really liked about this game is how Obsidian managed to keep the pace up in fast firefights. When the scene was to reflect fast action, they placed NPC opponents at perfect intervals so you couldn

While I understand the rationale behind these string of 'We have unconditional love for you Obisidian! Don't leave us!' threads, we sound like desperate teenagers who keep yelling at a boy/girlfriend because they being unfair to us, and while our ranting may get out of hand, there is a reason (if not an excuse) for it and then when that wanting mate says fine I will leave, we cry and say we are sorry and it was all our fault.

Well, I will be disappointed in the forums close. As disappointed as I sat there with jaw hanging open scratching my head in complete bemusement at the end of the game? Probably not. But let's face facts kiddies, everyone working at Obisidian are big boys and girls, and if they think that they are getting unfair critisism or even unusally rampant critisism, then they should consider career changes. The life of a game designer is to pour your heart and soul into a prodict and then have it based for every small defect upon its release. Doubly so when said defects grow beyond such a designation.

Closing the forums will in my opinion be a big shot to Obsidian's creditabilty. You may blame, and rightly so, the flaws on other factors, but Obisidian chose to work with said evil publisher on a game they new would have a lot of hype and even a greater expectation than the first one. If the release NWN2 with half the problems that NWN came out with (all annoying, and some will say greater than KOTOR 2) they will have 10x the complaints then they did here. Are they then going to shut down the boards citing time managment issues?

EDIT: While I cannot definately identify the species of Obisidian employess, I am pretty sure they are big boys and girls, not bUg boys and girls... *stare*

You PC owners should feel lucky. You get a patch that is going to make your gaming experience even better and you also have the possibility of a content patch. On the other hand, us Xboxers have heard nothing and, more than likely, will get nothing.

Closing the forums will in my opinion be a big shot to Obsidian's creditabilty.  You may blame, and rightly so, the flaws on other factors, but Obisidian chose to work with said evil publisher on a game they new would have a lot of hype and even a greater expectation than the first one.  If the release NWN2 with half the problems that NWN came out with (all annoying, and some will say greater than KOTOR 2) they will have 10x the complaints then they did here.  Are they then going to shut down the boards citing time managment issues?

Thing is that the NwNII forum isnt located here anyway and they are active on it. So closing down this board wont have any particular impact on NwNII.

With regards to the crediblilty thing. Yes it's quite likely that people are going to see them even more as Bioware Jr. but thats not something you can shake off overnight especially when you do two sequel games and have them host one of your forums.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"BiowareJr."

Who is refering to Obsidian as this? Obsidian is no where near the league of Bioware. Bioware and Obsidian are complete polar opposites, in the way they develop to how they handle their player base. They couldn't be more different, and that can't be any bigger of an insult either.

Ten things I liked about TSL:

1. Atton made me laugh a couple of times.

2. Mira seemed to be a well thought out character.

3. A couple of the in games movies were really great.

4. Darth Nihlus looked really cool.

5. Kriea's voice acting was pretty good.

6. Loading times seemed faster than KotOR1.

7. I liked the joke with GOTO's name.

8. I was happy to see T3 back.

9. Some of the bugs were down right funny. On Nar Shadaar the cutscene of the bounty hunters and them not despawning. Well it was just too funny passing the "statues" as I ran around Nar Shadaar.

10. It almost felt like Star Wars.

Well, thats ten things I liked about TSL. I admit I have posted some pretty negative stuff about the game and OE but as Tony Soprano says "You can't put crap back in a donkey" so I might as well consentrate on the things I do like about the game because I have already bought it.

Closing the forums will in my opinion be a big shot to Obsidian's creditabilty.  You may blame, and rightly so, the flaws on other factors, but Obisidian chose to work with said evil publisher on a game they new would have a lot of hype and even a greater expectation than the first one.  If the release NWN2 with half the problems that NWN came out with (all annoying, and some will say greater than KOTOR 2) they will have 10x the complaints then they did here.  Are they then going to shut down the boards citing time managment issues?

Of course you

"BiowareJr."

Who is refering to Obsidian as this? Obsidian is no where near the league of Bioware. Bioware and Obsidian are complete polar opposites, in the way they develop to how they handle their player base. They couldn't be more different, and that can't be any bigger of an insult either.

OE does seem to like writing much darker stories than Bioware does. I have no doubt that OE can write a great traditional Fantasy or Space Opera story if they wanted too and I am sure they will write one at some point because you can't be that dark all the time. I hope NWN2 does not have that "second act" feel to it.

"BiowareJr."

this is the type of poster i wish the mods had more power to easily ban.

you arent adding ANYTHING constructive and just insist on trolling every thread you post in. i really hope feargus stays true to what he said about more strict rules for trolling and giving mods the power to ban more freely.

Oh, I get it now. Just because you dissagree with my point of view I am automatically labeled a 'Troll'. You have a twisted view on what trolling is. I've noticed people here tend to use it liberally, and just throw it around whenever they want. Trolling is going around and saying "ObsiDiAn is A nOoB!"....

My posts are no where near that. Anything I have ever complained about I have backed up with facts. Backing up your claims is NOT trolling. IT's called criticism open for debate, and just because I happen to be right you want to label me a 'troll'.

Oh, I get it now. Just because you dissagree with my point of view I am automatically labeled a 'Troll'. You have a twisted view on what trolling is. I've noticed people here tend to use it liberally, and just throw it around whenever they want. Trolling is going around and saying "ObsiDiAn is A nOoB!"....

My posts are no where near that. Anything I have ever complained about I have backed up with facts. Backing up your claims is NOT trolling. IT's called criticism open for debate, and just because I happen to be right you want to label me a 'troll'.

Actually you did a great job of labeling yourself a troll. :blink:

Maybe you should read your posts ? Perhaps you dont realise what you are writing ? :luck:"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i edited my post because i didnt want to continue the argument, however.....

you are being a troll because all youve done is attack obsidian and their credibility and ability to make games. you constantly compare them to bioware and say they arent even in biowares league.

im not sure how thats NOT being a troll.

are you telling me that if you went to biowares boards and, hypothetically, did the opposite and said that bioware sucked and that they werent even in obsidians league, that the moderators at bioware wouldnt ban you within 15 minutes?

deal with it.

Exactly.

Masterful example of pathetic whining :blink:

Get a life.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i edited my post because i didnt want to continue the argument, however.....

you are being a troll because all youve done is attack obsidian and their credibility and ability to make games. you constantly compare them to bioware and say they arent even in biowares league.

im not sure how thats NOT being a troll.

are you telling me that if you went to biowares boards and, hypothetically, did the opposite and said that bioware sucked and that they werent even in obsidians league, that the moderators at bioware wouldnt ban you within 15 minutes?

If I went to Biowares board and could back up my claims, and wasn't vulgar about it, then yes, they wouldn't ban me.

Look, this isn't about Bioware, which was the point you should have gotten by now. Obsidian is in a league of their own on this one, created by them. They have voluntarily 'separated' themselves from the big boys in the gaming industry with KOTOR2, and have a well deserved seat at the 'kiddies' table.

If I went to Biowares board and could back up my claims, and wasn't vulgar about it, then yes, they wouldn't ban me.

try it. go to biowares forums and say that bioware writes "simplistic" stories and that they arent even in obsidians league when it comes to story telling (which is pretty much the type of posts youve made here). see how long you last there.

Look, this isn't about Bioware,

then why does every single one of your posts include a comparison between the two? seems to me youre the one thats making the issue a "bioware vs. obsidian" one.

I sorta feel like I did in Torment when The Nameless One is confronted by Dionara looking for an eternal promise.

WTF.

Do what you want. Support the Forum or close as you see fit.

I admire your work. I bought your latest game. There was some pretty good stuff in it and some stuff that didn't impress me that much but overall I enjoyed it.

That's all you get.

Suck it up and deal.

No gizkas here!

:)

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Obsidian is in a league of their own on this one, created by them. They have voluntarily 'separated' themselves from the big boys in the gaming industry with KOTOR2, and have a well deserved seat at the 'kiddies' table.

By who's standards Vxronin? Why not come up with some hard facts and numbers? Is this game a financial failure? Are most of the reviews for or against the purchase of KOTOR2? Do you have all the facts about what was asked of Obsidian? What went on in private conversations?

Actually you have no facts. You have your opinion as I do mine. You see the game as substandard and you SHOULD say what you think, but at some point average it out with common sense.

The majority DON

"They wouldn't. He'd be banned in 5."

No.l BIo don't ban people for disliking their games. lots of people post on the BIo abords all sorts of nasty things about BIo and are not banned or evenw arned. It's usually trolls who are banned except in rare cases where maybe BIO made a mistake. This happens on ALL baords.

BIO is not ban happy; but see, they don't have to worry about 5 whiners whining about harsh mod practices; because well; they have tons of posters to take their place.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.