Best planet order?

Is there an optimum planet order to go through? I went Dantooine -> Nar Shaddaa -> Onderon -> Korriban. It wasn't the best way to go about it in my opinion. Nar Shaddaa was pretty hard that early on because Mira sucked going solo. Also, as a lightsider, would the competing vendors on Nar Shaddaa quest have worked out better if I'd done Onderon and Dantooine first? So I have access to more stuff right away? Or doesn't Onderon give any stuff to the vendor at all?

Is there an optimum planet order to go through?  I went Dantooine -> Nar Shaddaa -> Onderon -> Korriban.  It wasn't the best way to go about it in my opinion.  Nar Shaddaa was pretty hard that early on because Mira sucked going solo.  Also, as a lightsider, would the competing vendors on Nar Shaddaa quest have worked out better if I'd done Onderon and Dantooine first?  So I have access to more stuff right away?  Or doesn't Onderon give any stuff to the vendor at all?

It's not going to get any easier with Mira later because the game levels up your enemies as you do. So a later Mira faces tougher enemies. Sorry, no gain there.

that's a good order. Mira solo is tough no matter what. (though easier as a jedi)

I'll second that. I did Dantooine/Korriban/Onderon/Nar Shadaa on my first playthrough and Mira was a huge pain in the rear to keep alive. My second time I did Nar Shadaa/Dantooine/Onderon/Korriban. Much, much better IMO for many reasons. For one, I wasn't able to make anyone a Jedi except for Disciple in my first game. In my second game, I had my party members earlier so gaining influence wasn't such of a last-minuite-rush. Also, I think some of the best items are on Dantooine (lightsaber crystals & parts) and Nar Shadaa (HK parts come to mind, but I liked the Twin Sun's blades too :lol: ).

At any rate, I wouldn't suggest that anyone save Nar Shadaa for last no matter what order you choose. It just seemed like everything that was really important for the storyline and influence occurred there. I couldn't even get Atton to say two words for the entire game (except for "Wanna play pazaak?" and the Peragus dialog) until Nar Shadaa. <_<

I believe that like KOTOR I the game adjusts for your level, so it shouldn't matter what planet-order you take. (I believe I read that in an interview/FAQ possibly on GameBanshee, can't recall for certain.)

Dantooine last just because it doesn't make sense to go there if you know you're going to have to go back, (LS at least). That said, the magic instant restoration is weird, especially if you've killed all the jedi as a darksider.....

They should have had a cutscene of the jedi masters whistling while they worked.......

I found the battle circle tough to finish on Dxun if I did Onderon first, although I don't play super combat oriented characters usually. My preferred planet order is Korriban first (it's quick and has good xp, and the hssiss arent too tough if you use mandalorian shields liberally), Dantooine second (for the light sabre crystals and XP buffet in the academy ruins), Onderon third, and Nar Shadaa last. I find that the Mira solo stuff isn't too bad as long as you avoid combat. She actually doesn't have to fight all that many opponents if you make a bee-line right for the escape hatch and let your main character explore the whole area instead.

I'm also a fan of visiting the planets in the order Dantooine - Nar Shaddaa - Onderon - Korriban. Especially if you're female, and picking up Disciple. The first time round I did Dantooine last and that did seem weird, getting aboard the Ebon Hawk only to be told to go straight back to the enclave. You pick up Mandalore on Dxun but he has very little to say anyway, and I like finishing off with stabilising Onderon and I found it much easier visiting Freedon Nadd's tomb with 3 characters already levelled up into Jedi.

I prefer going to Nar Shaddaa first, because if you do that, you can assemble a lightsaber faster, assemble HK faster, and you can get away with not leveling Atton, just gain influence a couple of times and you almost immediately have a free Jedi Sentinel.

I prefer going to Nar Shaddaa first, because if you do that, you can assemble a lightsaber faster, assemble HK faster, and you can get away with not leveling Atton, just gain influence a couple of times and you almost immediately have a free Jedi Sentinel.

Good point about Atton, but you can assemble a lightsaber by only visiting Dantooine.

I guess playing Dantooine or Onderon first is not a good thing! Why? Think about the influence you can gain on Dantooine with Mira and that you can have a nice conversation / battle with some Mandalorians in a Mercenary camp when you have Mandalore in your party.

As for Onderon, here too you can gain even more influence with both Mira and HK-47. For now, because I play as a Jedi Guardian I do Korriban-Nar Shaddaa-Onderon-Dantooine. Korriban first because I want to be able to open some lockers in the Exchange base and I cannot do this with the pretty limited skills I get in this class (prestige class will be Jedi Watchman) and you do not get any influence on Korriban with Mira / Mandalore / Hk-47.

So here my advise: Nar Shaddaa - Onderon - Dantooine - Korriban (It's a good Jedi Sentinel course, this one)

Jedi Guardian - Jedi Consular: Korriban - Nar Shaddaa - Onderon - Dantooine (Don't bother about the Dantooine last since you go to Onderon again) and you don't really need your personal crystal before the end game.

Always remember to do Nar Shaddaa as quickly as possible but not when you don't have enough skills to do some quests (Bith Sientist - Computer Use - Repair and Geriel Treat Injury) and to open some lockers I couldn't get Mira to open (Jekk-Jekk Tarr Exchange base) but my main character succeeded.

Master Vandar lives!

Guest ChaosStorm

I played in the same order as Jedi Mad Hatter. The main reason I wanted to do Dantooine first was because it seemed to me the most likely place to get my hands on My First Lightsaber. It probably wouldn't matter - would it? If I did other planets first I would get that glow stick there?

You'll get lightsaber parts wherever you go, though in Nar Shadaar it's probably easiest to get them, if you know exactly where to go and what to do. But I wouldn't recommend that for the first time you play - better just to let the game surprise you.

A few people have experienced a serious bug when playing Dantooine first. I never have, but now when I do Dantooine first I always keep a save game from before I go, just in case.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

First game I went.

Dantooine, Nar Shada, Koriban, Dxun. logically Dantooine being the best spot for a new saber (and crystals, though the your name crystal came as a bit of a shock).

Now I prefer Nar Shada , Dxun , Koriban , Dantooine.

Places where you would get a component will give you a saber if you already have yours, and places where you get a saber later will give components first so there is no wrong order as such.

I've never been so glad to see a workbench as I was playing the Mira interlude :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I don't think there is really a best planet order

Dant is a nice start to grab some crystals, but also at the beginning, with few jedi you don't needy many of them, also you can get some good crystals even on other planets.

For my taste i like to do Nar Shadda at the beginning (1st or 2nd planet) as i really like Mira who, as a jedi, have an awesome array of skills and great defence (she can also be a very good blaster jedi).

I prefer to not level her up and to go straight to the passage.

I also don't like to do dant at the end, but just because the academy is rebuilt after 3 sec you left it ;)

I also don't like to do dant at the end, but just because the academy is rebuilt after 3 sec you left it ;)

Don't you have to do Onderon part II before that anyway?

no you do Onderon part 2 after you complete another planet after it, for example if i go Onderon->Nar Shadda->Korriban->Dantooine

i can do Onderon part II after i complete Nar Shadda

but yes, if you do Onderon as 3rd planet and Dant as last one you have to return to Onderon after it.

I went in this order...

1.) Telos

2.) Dantooine

3.) Nar Shaadaa

4.) Dxun/Onderon

5.) Korriban

6.) Telos

Actually, I was pretty disappointed with Korriban. In Knights of the Old Republic 1, it was teeming with life and had nice weapons and other stuff to offer for sale. In The Sith Lords, seems so dead. Also, too short.

i've played through KOTOR 2 four times now, and each time I did a different planet first. I noticed that in every instance I got my lightsaber by about the time I finished the first planet I went to. Sometimes I'd start finding lightsaber parts on cannoks and all kinds of weird places. I think it's set up so that you can get your lightsaber by the time you finish planet #1.

I think it definitely depends on who you want in your party and for how long.

The first time I played through I did:

-Peragus

-Telos (Bao-Dur; Atris Academy - Picked up Handmaiden)

-Dantooine

-Korriban

-Nar Shadda (Mira; Goto)

-Onderon (Mandalore)

-Dux

-Onderon 2

-Dantooine (Jedi Master Meeting; leads to Kriea finale)

It was good because after Nar Shadda I had a Jedi Sentinel in Atton and Jedi Guradian in Handmaiden and was just laying waste to things on Onderon and Dux which is good when you have to split your parties up (one Jedi on both teams)... But I also had Goto, HK-41 and T3-M4 and had no use for them.

This time I am going to do:

-Nar Shadda (Mira; Goto)

-Dantooine

-Onderon

-Korriban

-Onderon 2

-Dantooine

This way I should have Mira and Goto and hopefully HK-47 rebuilt as I want to use these characters this time around and see if I can turn Mira into a Jedi as well as just gain influence with Goto (even as LS) and HK-47 for the Hell of it.

I made the mistake of autolevelling my party members out of laziness. That sucked because when I went to rescue the exile from Goto, the most effective party I could piece together was T3-M4 and Handmaiden. And I only brought Handmaiden along because I needed someone to draw fire while I shot stuff from afar with T3, who was by far the longest lasting NPC at that time. He has mad defence.