See Feargus' Announcement?

Well, it all started at the RPG Codex. :thumbsup:

Kidding aside, RPG COdex isn't a good place to have constructive discussion about CRPGs. Everyone knows that and while RPG Codex forums tend to be a cesspool of juvenile bickering and petty insults, if the people there can set aside their egos long enough it might actually be a keen place to go. Its no one person's fault that RPG COdex is the way it is.

Not sure why the we are having the "go to the codex" discussion. Unless I miss my mark, I doubt 99% of the people at the Codex want anyone from this board posting there.

I don`t get it too, but not because of that idea, since there are a lot of common posters on both boards. These days sometimes it`s easier to find someone lauding BG2 than any Troika game or any independent CRPG... But if many more would move there the balance would colapse and things could get ugly soon, that

I don`t get how do you think that from NMA, this place isn`t generally well regarded on many regulars there because of all the myths that propagates on Fallout fans, and the general hostility towards them, nothing else.

I don't think very many people propagate myths about FO fans on these forums, as you say, we ARE FO fans. If you are suggesting Feargus does, as it it seems from the later bits of your post, then it seems a bit of leap in logic to hold that against Joe Blow poster. No, this forum is regarded as the kiss up forum or something of the like. Which is fine, doesn't bother me, but thats the way it is.

There are quite a lot Fallout fans here though, so maybe that perception is exagerated, but the games that are beeing made aren`t getting much aplause from the NMA crowd, so generally it`s more a case of not caring much about this place than to be hostile.

I wasn't suggesting that NMA holds brainstorms on ways to dissrupt this forum or anything......but there are those private mod channels.... :lol:

So, NMA peeps don't go out of their way to take shots at this forum like the codex might, but my point remains.

If these days Fergus isn`t exactly popular there it`s really his fault. MCA still gets heat from the New Reno choices, but overall he still has a lot of quite devoted fans, anytime someone talks about deep dialogue and story his name shows up, and for each member that criticises the bible there are ten that love him for making it.

but again, not to make a big issue of this, NMAs thoughts on Feargus shouldn't have any real influence over what people think about these forums. He posts at the Codex almost as much as he posts here. It's an excuse to look down on the forum, thats it. Honestly, I wish he would post more. I wish all the devs would post more. Not that there is anything to really discuss right now.......

What is really ironic is how Fergus took all the time he could during the interviews on KoTOR2 to bash Fallout fans, and now many Star Wars Fans did exactly what he complained about Fallout fans. Really funny  :D

Not to defend Feargus, as he can do it himself, but some of the card carrying FO fan members are a bit crazy. They seem to view themselves as carrying the flag of all that is right and holy in RPGs. Now, lets face it, we all take RPG a bit too seriously to spend as much time as we do in these forums, but I and alot of people here can step back and see that on occasion. Some of us seem like they can't.

Now, I've heard stories about Feargus, and I'm not saying any are false ( I don't know), but I do know that in my dealings with him he has been pretty damn human. While I disagree with some of the stated reasons for maybe closing the boards, I don't particularly hold any illwill towards the man.

Not sure why the we are having the "go to the codex" discussion. Unless I miss my mark, I doubt 99% of the people at the Codex want anyone from this board posting there.

NMA and codex arn't generally fans of this board, fyi. They think people on this board suck up too much.......which is why Feargus is threating to close it down.....because of all the ass kissing. It's just disgusting and he won't stand for it.  :lol:

As for the first part I agree. I have only been over their a few times and its a free for all. If there are any rules they either arent enforced or they dont pertain to keeping the place friendly.

That second part is funny.. heh..

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I don't think very many people propagate myths about FO fans on these forums, as you say, we ARE FO fans. If you are suggesting Feargus does, as it it seems from the later bits of your post, then it seems a bit of leap in logic to hold that against Joe Blow poster. No, this forum is regarded as the kiss up forum or something of the like. Which is fine, doesn't bother me, but thats the way it is.

Actually no, i`ve seen quite a number of posts by people trying to defend their rather poorly written arguments with the "u re teh fallout fans fallout fans teh evil lolz u suck" argument, much much more than i ever saw anti Obsidian fora posts at NMA. Check again if you don`t believe me.

I wasn't suggesting that NMA holds brainstorms on ways to dissrupt this forum or anything......but there are those private mod channels.... :wub:

So, NMA peeps don't go out of their way to take shots at this forum like the codex might, but my point remains.

What channels?...What disruption?... almost no one cares at this place, no one from the NMA team posts here, and Obsidian isn`t making a game that should be covered on the news, so the only thing that was ever discussed was to put the MCA nomination on the front page or not, and with so many PS:T and Fallout fans there the reply was positive, of course. And if Rosh is devastating to Fergus the others on the NMA team just don`t care much about him, you know Odin and Kharn don`t hold a grudge about him although they aren`t very excited with his views on us too.

You got what, a couple of posts about this place over there, with a lot more of posts against Fallout fans here, so neither of your ideas makes sense. And yet again what disruption?...

but again, not to make a big issue of this, NMAs thoughts on Feargus shouldn't have any real influence over what people think about these forums. He posts at the Codex almost as much as he posts here. It's an excuse to look down on the forum, thats it. Honestly, I wish he would post more. I wish all the devs would post more. Not that there is anything to really discuss right now.......

Well he

"they hold the righteous path in a forum where Volourn, Gromnir, Shadowpaladin or 213374U post is a bit silly kumquat "

I'm not exactly a good example here since I post on NMA and Codex as well.. In fact, Rosh likes me. He really likes me. Don't know why; but he does. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You're just jealous that Volourn's gotten someone else and you haven't.

In any case, this thread is just a lollercaust. Fun if everyone's post is taken lightly, chilling in its implications if the posts reflect actual beliefs.

Or not.

I get a kick out of it anyway.

well, we do believe that the notion of moving the obsidian community to codex is as ludicrous a suggestion as when exitum nominated himself as a prospective Obsidian moderator long time ago.

*shudder*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As a regular reader of both RPGCodex and this forum I tend to believe that it would be an interesting social experiment to confront the Codexers with a mass of new members emgrating from this board.

I think the results would be hilarious. :o

On topic, It would be really sad if we loose any means of communicating publicly with Obsidian Entertainment. Although I don't post much I visit this boards daily for my dose of new infos and some interesting discussions. To be taken serious Obsidian should also be able to deal with negative criticism, especially regarding KotOR 2. There may be some immature posters, but I have also read tons of well written and civil arguments. One can argue wether it is really necessary to have an own message board, but alienating your customer base is seldom a good thing.

So Mr. Urquahart, please overthink your decision and refrain from installing a community manager which is as I suspect an opinion manager in reality.

Ohh christ.

Your not serious, surely, dont get me wrong, im a newbie here so it doesnt really bother me if they close this place down, but the codex, well, ive been reading that place for about six months, laughing at the arguments, loving the whole "Exitium is a Flip-Flopper" stuff and the continuous uttering of "R00fles!" by Volourn, but come on, most of the people from these boards would get their a***'s handed to them over there.

Ive seen people threaten to kill someone for liking NWN, flame wars over someone stating that they wouldnt consider fallout to be their favourite rpg and , recently at least, aphatmc~ posting some sort of weird poetry involving his phallus.

In fact, yes, you should all go too rpg codex, i have absoloutly no doubt that you will all be welcomed there.

(hmmm, time to get some popcorn! :p )

I admit to have gotten heap o' chuckles with aphatmc~'s posts... but mostly at the ridicule of it all.

As for the rest, I think both places have intelligent people who can discuss things properly and can stand their own on arguments. And both places have people who also can't.

But it's all fun and games, in the end.

Or you people just just go here, save the drama, and call it a day.. :thumbsup:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=5

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Actually no, i`ve seen quite a number of posts by people trying to defend their rather poorly written arguments with the "u re teh fallout fans fallout fans teh evil lolz u suck" argument, much much more than i ever saw anti Obsidian fora posts at NMA. Check again if you don`t believe me.

Well, I'd say we have to agree to disagree on that. As I said, I know NMA doesn't go out of it's way to comment on these forums (nor do they even care), but thats sorta my point. They don't care because of how they view the place. Thats fine tho.

What channels?...What disruption?... almost no one cares at this place, no one from the NMA team posts here, and Obsidian isn`t making a game that should be covered on the news, so the only thing that was ever discussed was to put the MCA nomination on the front page or not, and with so many PS:T and Fallout fans there the reply was positive, of course

I know, I said:

I wasn't suggesting that NMA holds brainstorms on ways to dissrupt this forum or anything......but there are those private mod channels....;)

the private channels part was joke. Hence the smiley lol! Well, considering the rest of your post seems based of you taking that part seriously, I'll just skip to the end, unless you find something you wanted me to address.

And my point is that saying Fallout fans take themselves too seriously and think they hold the righteous path in a forum where Volourn, Gromnir, Shadowpaladin or 213374U post is a bit silly kumquat

Wait......I said SOME FO fans. Lets not paint me as saying all FO fans are very very bad, because I didn't, nor do I want to call myself bad. I doubt you will disagree there are some FO fans that see themselves as a Brotherhood of Steel for RPGs.

and are you seriously trying to compare this place in "easy going-ness" to the codex or even NMA? Everyone you meantioned as irrational (you forgot doomy ;) ) is ALOT different here than they are at the codex. Well, except for Doomy. :-"

BTW, I agree with Vol more often than not, unless we are talking about EA. I don't read his posts at the codex much, as it tends to be him and Spazmo/VD/Exit going at it. :p