See Feargus' Announcement?

Here you peeps go.. let me know what you think:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=5

I tried to mirror the core forums as best I could. You will obvouslly see some missing that is because I already have such forums existing. I will go public with them if/when the forum closure happens. But they are currently all active.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Here you peeps go.. let me know what you think:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=5

I tried to mirror the core forums as best I could. You will obvouslly see some missing that is because I already have such forums existing. I will go public with them if/when the forum closure happens. But they are currently all active.

Ah, I see volourn just joined your site a couple of hours ago, as I see he has 48 posts. :-

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Hes been a member for about a month now.. heh..

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

rpg codex? move this community to codex?

posting at codex is like swimming in a big city public pool. little kids not recognize how dirty and filthy such pools is... they not mind. they splash 'bout like happy little maniacs. adults, on the other hand, can't help but cringe at the thought of all those kids pissing themselves in those communal waters

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

rpg codex?  move this community to codex? 

posting at codex is like swimming in a big city public pool.  little kids not recognize how dirty and filthy such pools is... they not mind.  they splash 'bout like happy little maniacs.  adults, on the other hand, can't help but cringe at the thought of all those kids pissing themselves in those communal waters… is a soup of noise and urine and chaos… though it can be fun in small doses... as long as you ‘member to wash thoroughly afterwards.

HA! Good Fun!

That's about as accurate analogy as I've heard. I would only add that where in a normal public pool the kids tend to try and hide the fact that they're pissing all over each other, these ones have turned it into a kind of spectator sport and seem to spend a lot of time congratulating each other over it.

rpg codex?  move this community to codex? 

posting at codex is like swimming in a big city public pool.  little kids not recognize how dirty and filthy such pools is... they not mind.  they splash 'bout like happy little maniacs.  adults, on the other hand, can't help but cringe at the thought of all those kids pissing themselves in those communal waters

"though it can be fun in small doses... as long as you

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

After reading posts in the KOTOR2 boards, I'd have to agree: close the damn forums and let the games speak for themselves.

It might be better to be aloof and damned than being chummy and slammed for every petty little thing OE "didn't get right".

Compromise: If the KotOR2 boards are a mess, shut them down and keep the Role-playing/General boards up. Or better yet just link to the Lucas Arts KotOR2 boards like with NwN2.

"Garbage in, Garbage out"

Careful Gromnir, you post there quite a lot.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Not sure why the we are having the "go to the codex" discussion. Unless I miss my mark, I doubt 99% of the people at the Codex want anyone from this board posting there.

NMA and codex arn't generally fans of this board, fyi. They think people on this board suck up too much.......which is why Feargus is threating to close it down.....because of all the ass kissing. It's just disgusting and he won't stand for it. :)

150 in how many years?

HA!

okie dokie.

just seems like lots 'cause exit is usually on the sharp and pointy end of our posts.

"NMA and codex arn't generally fans of this board, fyi. They think people on this board suck up too much.......which is why Feargus is threating to close it down.....because of all the ass kissing. It's just disgusting and he won't stand for it. "

ok, that made us chuckle.

HA! Good Fun!

2. Troika never had a forum and never paid much attention to their fan base and look where they are now.

This is obvious enough, but Tim Cain did'nt rely on a fan base or message boards back when he came up with Fallout in the mid 90's either. I know that all the people at Codex and NMA trip over their tounges and basically choke on themselves when lauding this game, but they had nothing to do with it.

For any decent games(not necessarily hugely financial successes) with boards and high developer/fan interaction, you could probably name just as many without...

Homoeroticism at the Obsidian community? Whoda thunk it?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche