See Feargus' Announcement?

Damn...better scramble for that 100 posts...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I really can't understand the point of it.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Huh? I dont' get it. The forum may have to close because there isn't a community manager?

Let see:

1. Answering questions -- yes, we ask questions, but I don't think that there is an expectation that Obsidian has to answer them.

2. Handling disruptive members -- we have very able moderators and for the most part, I think this is a very behaved community.

So please Feargus, keep these boards open. :blink:

Congrats to Mr & Mrs U on the new arrival.

I don't see why a community manager is vital here. Maybe it's because these forums are too sleepy and it's something else to be compartmentalized and shipped off to Stalag Luft Bioware :: Stands to attention and salutes Von Greg & Ray ::

Keep the forums open for god's sake; I thought it was a given that a web presence seldom harms a games developer given the nominal outlay.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

The real reason is probably to cut costs. A bunch of bitchy fans dont matter to Obsidian.

I disagree with that comment, I think fan's support is important to the developer.

Secondly, not all fans are "bitchy", many are very constructive and I am sure that many devlopers has benifited from their fans enough to consider them to be NOT "bitchy".

I would be sad to see them go. While I don't post much and didnt join until recently I've always lurked here. I appreciate when developers have there own forums, it shows that they care for there fanbase. I hope they reconsider there stance and keep the forums.

I don't understand what closing these forums would accomplish.. I like it here, and so do a lot of other people. Does it cost money for Obsidian having these boards up? In that case I might understand them closing us down.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Closing the forums would be a bit daft...

1. Gamers hate censorship. A community where they can blow off steam without "The man" coming down too hard means a lot to gamers. Sure open flaming and abuse should be stomped on, but closing the forums seems extreme.

2. Troika never had a forum and never paid much attention to their fan base and look where they are now.

Hmm. Well, I hope the forums don't close... but there really is an irony to having someone call the Prez of Obsidian a "crybaby" one minute only to get huffily defensive when someone else calls the fans "bitchy."

Personally, I'd say calling Obsidian folks names is being pretty bitchy. But hey, what do I know? :D

Anyway I doubt they are considering such a move just because of the usual cadre of "the game sux, the developer sux" imbeciles that always buzz around newly-released games. If it's something they need to do, then I will sadly go away and continue to wish them well.