Humanitarian aid for Endor?

Should the UN give humanitarian aid to Endor?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UN give humanitarian aid to Endor?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes (if the Ewoks pay an anual toll in squirrels)
    • Only if they build some nice hotels and learn to speak basic
    • They were harboring known Imperials! Let them rot!

Endor. Once a peaceful moon full of trees, now the grave of many an Ewok.

And even though it is far, far away, we should still make an effort, for this crisis has been going on for a long, long time.

Should we send humanitarian aid to Endor?

Are we doing enough to find the hideout of Ex-Emperor Palpatine?

Can we look into a baby Ewok's eyes and tell him: "Your father died so that the Republic could live!"?

I chose hotels/basic might as well make use of them. Anyways Basic is the language of republic scum.

But... *gasp* aren't we all republicans here? Are there Sith sypathizers present? Don't tell me that you suffer the company of those antisocial rascals!

This is a decent forum. A shrine of democracy. How dare you defile our gardens with your despotic egoism?

As much as I agree with you concerning the hotels, (if it were up to me they would also pay the squirrel tax, those lazy beary tree-huggers!) I just can't let you burn the republican flag on my watch! Think of your old mother! What would she say if she saw you in one of those Darth-gangs?

I chose hotels/basic might as well make use of them. Anyways Basic is the language of republic scum.

But... *gasp* aren't we all republicans here? Are there Sith sypathizers present? Don't tell me that you suffer the company of those antisocial hoodlums!

This is a decent forum. A shrine of democracy. How dare you defile our gardens with your despotic egoism?

As much as I agree with you concerning the hotels, (if it were up to me they would also pay the squirrel tax, those lazy beary tree-huggers!) I just can't let you burn the republican flag on my watch! Think of your old mother! What would she say if she saw you in one of those Darth-gangs?

We've crippled the republic two times before we can do it again. Down with the republic, a new era of politics has begun :devil: lets see how your mouth fits you in the hutt's spice mines :devil:

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

"N-words" "Spi**'s" basically something a biast person would say. Hm i see your german im taking German 2 now, i understand why you said that now. Although my knowledge of German has little to no relevance to the topic at hand.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

Speaking as a Brit, Hoodlum's never a word I've heard in a racial context. I've only ever heard it used by old people to describe criminal or near-criminal nuiscances, usually young people. I always considered it somewhat more equivalent to the words "chav" or "ned" (I'm not quite sure what would be an equivalent US term, as neds are not a social group in the USA). "Chav" and "ned" certainly don't have racial connotations (since chavs and neds are almost entirely white), though they certainly carry connotations of social class.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

The UN doesn't need to worry about it. Endor is dead. I mean think about it, a huge-a** space station blew up in their orbit. Obviously the explosion didn't kill them outright, but do you have any idea how much asterioid sized debris is going to be raining down on them? We're talking debris the size of really big cities. Endor doesn't stand a chance. That stuff starts hitting the groung, and it's over, all the Ewoks are toast. On the bright side, at least they've been immortalized in great (Crappy) cartoon shows. :devil:

I've only ever heard it used by old people to describe criminal or near-criminal nuiscances, usually young people. 

:devil: Yes, that was what I had in mind! Something your grandfather would shout at a boy in the street who had kicked a football through his window.

Interesting.

Guess I am a British speaker despite the amount of American movies I consume.

You guys will have to watch your language! It is trying to transmute into two seperate entities! :devil:

Hoodlum is not racist in American English either. It's race-neutral. I can't believe anyone would actually try to assert that word is racist. LOL

The only way it could possibly be construed as racist would be if an individual hearing it automatically associates that word with a certain race, in which case it is that guy's racism that is the problem, not the speaker's.

The word itself implies no race, no creed, no culture.

Theres gotta be some more movies after episoder 3, I mean the republic must be crippled again. I like to see more bad guys and more good guys and an intresting storyline filled with romance and action.

Oh yeah on the east coast here a hoodlum is someone from the "Hood" and ussually white bigots call miniorities (dont like this word) that, even if they are middle class.

Endor doesn't stand a chance.  That stuff starts hitting the groung, and it's over, all the Ewoks are toast. 

All the more reason to get started! Those poor little creatures. Perhaps we should found a private charity! If the UN hasn't managed to establish itself in that particular corner of space, then what good is it anyway? Guess it's "every bear for itself" from now on. The fools! The fooools!

But wait till they get intelligence of Endor's enormous squirrel reserves.

They will be dropping stormtroopers on the moon's surface before you can say "Wicket".

On the bright side, at least they've been immortalized in great (Crappy) cartoon shows. :wacko:

And don't forget the two movies! Pure magic.

Ah, the adventures of Cyndel and Wickett... pure fun syrup.  It's good for kids!

Is that what they are called?

Translated back from the German, their titles would be "Ewoks: Caravan of the brave" and "Ewoks 2: The Battle for Endor".

When I was in primary school, the films were very popular.

I don't even want to think about how hilarious they would appear today.

...But back then they were officially part of the Star Wars canon. :lol:

The UN doesn't need to worry about it.  Endor is dead.  I mean think about it, a huge-a** space station blew up in their orbit.  Obviously the explosion didn't kill them outright, but do you have any idea how much asterioid sized debris is going to be raining down on them?  We're talking debris the size of really big cities.  Endor doesn't stand a chance.  That stuff starts hitting the groung, and it's over, all the Ewoks are toast.

That's the best news I've heard in some time. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Theres gotta be some more movies after episoder 3, I mean the republic must be crippled again. I like to see more bad guys and more good guys and an intresting storyline filled with romance and action.

Oh yeah on the east coast here a hoodlum is someone from the "Hood" and ussually white bigots call miniorities (dont like this word) that, even if they are middle class.

Go to your local bookshop and get the Star Wars books from Timothy Zahn

Heir To The Empire

Dark Force Rising

The Last Command

and

Specter of the Past

Vision of the Future

much better then ep 1 and 2 :(

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine