are these boards worse than any other game board

i don't think so (not counting the multitude of retards who never seem to get any game up and running on their computer)

isn't the general consensus that this was a good game that could've been great? at least that's the feeling i get from reading the boards

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

No, it's no worse than most game boards after release. There's always a group that'll complain loudly about something. Even games that are generally well-liked by the masses, the fans on their boards will complain until their fingers are bloody. Half-life 2, Grand Theft Auto, and City of Heroes boards are perfect examples. KOTOR 2 could have been better, especially at the end, but it's nowhere near as bad as the whiners are making it out to be.

I cant think of a game that have been universally applauded. The problem with things like this is people start to see bugs everywhere. Cant get something to work , must be a bug. Totally ignoring the fact that just reading about an event will not make it trigger in game.

Added to the godawful state of PC software and the ammounts of crap on peoples systems they are not even aware of it's suprising anything works these days.

Fun game but not in my top list, niether is KOTOR for that matter though I prefer II over the first one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Just considering two of the biggest releases of the last year, Doom 3 and Halo 2, yeah, I'd say the response to those releases and the ensuing debate was at least as vicious as the one here is, and both games are considered to have been stable releases of good games.

one thing i noticed is that there seemed to be an abundance of new forum users signing up JUST to post the same kind of "OMG OBSEEDAN YOU SUK!" threads. most (not all) of the "regular" forumers who complained about the game tended to do so in a constructive way, actually making an intelligent point in their ranting. but it seemed that a bunch of people just signed up to bitch about the game without actually providing anything constructive, and thats the majority that seem to have ruined this forum for the rest of us.

im not sure if thats what happens on all forums when a game gets released (ie. newbies joining up just to whine), but thats one of the things that caught my attention here.

Dude you should go see Fable forums. Basically the same thing. But with more swearing and pitchfork waving :)

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

so maybe one has to accept that boards will always look like this after release (no matter how good the game is) or do like bioware and ban anyone who complains

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

Yeah, I really don't think that it's any worse than any other games boards. Most people after all who play it and enjoy it have no need to say anything. I know that I only usually turn to the internet when I come across a major problem (fortunately had none with this game!). And I agree that a lot of people don't have the knowledge of what system they have or know how to think problems through. I'd probably be pretty useless myself if my partner hadn't been the one to build my PC and act as tech support!

While people have a right to complain , doing so in a in inflamitory manner dosnt help as the thread invariably goes off track. One warning then a ban should keep things much more reasonable.

Given a choice between upsetting a small % of board users and upsetting LA I know which I would choose in Fearguses place.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]