Cut Content (part 2) - Kath Hounds sold out

I love seeing fan pics, so bring 'em on. :) I have mine, but I hoard them - plus I fear snickering. LOL

Eji's are absolutely wonderful - she does a bang-up job of capturing mood and emotion - but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see more of how other people *feel* and *capture* those moments.

Closing/deleting threads like this is just such an odd thing to do: nothing is gained by it (since the forums are closing anyway), and people who contributed to them or enjoyed reading them will be annoyed.  So why do it?

Would the moderator (or whoever) who did this please respond?  I don't think we have the right to expect Obsidian to appear here every day answering questions, but the moderator should account for this.

You're asking for culpability in admitting that the consumers ARE justified in their "anger" at having paid $50 for what is... In every sense of the words... An unfinished game.

The best way to not be culpable for anything is to not acknowledge a problem exists. Ergo, just closing and deleting a thread with no explanation is the quickest, most efficient way to do this. I've seen this happen on tons of forums for tons of games where it is obvious that the fans have a right to demand certain things for the money they paid...

And the devs, Community Managers/Liasons, moderators and usually the higher ups (if it is a Publisher's owned board like LA for instance) just get sick of hearing it so they burry it.

We live in the age of instant communication. Gone are the days of recycling written letters and filtering Customer-Service calls. If consumers are angry and companies put up forums like this for feedback... They're going to get it whether they really want to hear it or not.

ahmen... on to brighter tomorrows..

ok let us see... for the official guys. we have a patch for the bugs..

and mods for the cut endings and/or contents

and fanarts to keep us busy for a while...

is there a list of the cut content (not endings) in K2??

i think that maybe if they let the fans do the mod the ending could be officialy restored

they release the modding tools, the modders do the endings, release into community, they analize the feedback/bugs/etc, so they can get the mod, analyze it, get some aproval from lucasarts and put into a patch

they will just need to take a look...

i  think that maybe if they let the fans do the mod the ending could be officialy restored

they release the modding tools, the modders do the endings, release into community, they analize the feedback/bugs/etc, so they can get the mod, analyze it, get some aproval from lucasarts and put into a patch

they will  just need to take a look...

It's a nice thought, but I get the impression that Lucasarts would be heavily opposed to fanwork being an official part of their product... especially with the legal issues that would probably be tied with it. I mean, they sell the game for profit, so I'm sure they'll be worried about someone suing them for making money off of a mod that some people did for free... I'm sure they'd be worried that somewhere down the line someone would want compensation for the work, unless perhaps they got one of their lawyers to prepare a document stating the modders would be fine with doing this patch for free.

But again, I don't think Lucasarts would be comfortable with unknowns working on a "fan" restoration. It won't be official in their eyes. Obsidian might be fine with it, but ultimately it'll be Lucasarts' choice.

We feeling sorry for OE now? LOL what a joke who is next LA?

I say let em burn, reap what you sow.

STALKER

MORROWIND III

THE BARDS TALE

ANDREAS PC

GOTHIC III

I say good riddance last thing I need or want is a 50+ hour game that ends like this.

Working with LA you should of done the ending first. THE END. What are we paying for, you to learn your trade?

Enough, I got matches.

I have to grudgingly admit...that Atton death scene was superb.  Good job Eji. :lol:

LOL, thanks... although I've already noticed my sound mixes scattered across several other pages. Guess word gets around fast when it comes to kotor2's cut stuff. I almost wish there were more cut Atton things so I could keep making mixes, hehehe. Although once it gets passed around the net, no one'll know I did them since I forgot to embed my info on the media files, so it's just as well. ;_;

I know it bums you out Eji, but look on the brightside. You are making lots of KoTOR fangirls/boys very very happy with those soundclips. It also brought out the Carthaholics from out of the woodwork :lol:

I know it bums you out Eji, but look on the brightside. You are making lots of KoTOR fangirls/boys very very happy with those soundclips. It also brought out the Carthaholics from out of the woodwork :lol:

heheh, yeah, I feel good about that. I couldn't just keep that stuff to myself on my computer.

Hmmm, does anyone else get the feeling that Lucasarts is finally starting to feel the negative feedback from their boneheaded decisions?

I can imagine what the discussion between OE and LA must have been like.

LA: We hear that there is an uproar on your forums about the fact that we forced you guys to cut the ending to Kotor 2 and ship an unfinished game to consumers. Now legitimate websites like "gamespy" are critizing we gods at Lucasarts. We, the masters of the universe??

OE: Yes sir, that is correct. May I go now sir??

LA: No you may not!! We do not like being critized nor do we like being made fools of. No one must question our perfection. Crush this rebellion now OE, or we will crush you. Close your forums, do whatever it takes. Do we make ourselves clear??

OE: Yes masters!!

Naw, they're like Nihilus. Consumer problems and loyalty are beneath their notice..

It's fairly interesting that there's been such a growing backlash against LA for a couple years now. Hell, I was brand-imprinted by them as a small kid, and even I'm sick of it now. It's too bad that this sort of stuff only happens on the dev boards though, since it could really cause problems for them. We need to remember that most of the KotOR 2 content is brilliant, and that just as much as we lash back against LA, we need to support a good startup dev, (NWN2 anyone?) or we really have little right to complain. That also involves moderating our language and being respectfully angry at LA so that there's no reason for them to penalize Obsidian, which clearly did it's damnedest to release a great game.

Naw, they're like Nihilus.  Consumer problems and loyalty are beneath their notice..

It's fairly interesting that there's been such a growing backlash against LA for a couple years now. 

Yeah, they've done a bunch of stuff to rightfully earn the backlash. They're not listening to fans anymore... they're even more into making money than ever before. Anyone who knows about the whole Sam and Max sequel can probably understand me best. That was a big example of them saying a nice "screw you" to loyal gamers from back in Lucasarts' more creative days... dropping it because they were worried if it would sell well and then going and making a ton more crappy SW movie games.

LA deserve it 110%, but Obsidian doesn't. Obsidian was taken advantage of, it seems to me, and the worst thing you can say about them is they were a bit too ambitious in a bad situation. I was pretty sceptical about that before I got the thing, thinking it might be one of those fake conspiracy theories that have lingered around other games that didn't quite measure up, but this is very different. There's so much excellent stuff in this, that if they get the chance, their future productions could be really great, and supporting them is JUST as important as sticking it to Lucas Arts. I suppose with such ranting I'm not helping though......

Poor Eji :devil:

If I see your sound files being used without credit, I'll tell them you made them.

Yes, I too believe it was LA's fault, as they took advantage of an inexperienced developer, even in the email, I get hints of this: where they say they will learn from it.

I'll turn my attention to finding more cut soundfiles, so Eji has more material to work with.

They've closed the original thread? And deleted the petition thread? This is just outrageous. And worst of all, they're going to close the forums. That is just weak. Just because this forum has been an inspiration for all the other unhappy KOTORII players, they're going to close it down? Aren't there anyone out there who is upset by this kind of "dictatorship"?

Sound files are in 003\PCDEAD and 003\PCDEAD2

Script from the dialog.tlk file

Sound files are in PCDEAD

{[Gameplay Programmer: On board the ship. The Disciple, the Handmaiden, or Atton walk into the middle of the chamber, dejected. The player has just died. Check them in this order: The Handmaiden if the player is male, if that's not true, then check for the Disciple by checking 000_Disciple_Joined = 1 (double check the flag name), if that's not true, then use Atton.]}

Atton: {Somber, player just died}The exile's dead. It's over - they've won.

Disciple: {Somber, player just died}She was our last chance. And now she is dead - and they have won.

Visas: {Somber, player just died}The last of the Jedi is dead. It is over.

Handmaiden: {Somber, player just died}The exile, he is dead. We have lost - it is over.

{[Check Visas first if she is in the party.]}

Kreia: No, now it begins. In hatred, there is unity. Against a common foe, even enemies may stand side by side.

Kreia: Now they will turn on each other, and the betrayals will begin. They will feed on each other, until only one remains.

{Pronoucement will begin.}

Kreia: That which waits in the darkness will now show itself... and now the galaxy will begin to die.

{[Check Visas first if she is in the party.]}{Quietly, in response to "we've lost the war"}

Visas: No, now the true war begins. The Jedi is all that united my Master... and the others.

Visas: Now they will turn on each other, and the betrayals will begin. They will feed on each other, until only one remains. It is more than that.

{Pronoucement will begin.}

Kreia: Your Master will begin what he has foreseen and hungered for, blinded one. Now the galaxy will begin to die.

End Scene

Sound files in PCDEAD2

{[Gameplay Programmer: On board the ship. This scene has all the party members' thoughts, and the player is listening to them, as he lies unconscious.]}

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, sense of slight despair, like all might be lost, "Everyone is"}

Mira: ...going to lose their lives, like I lost my family at Malachor V.

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, player is reading her mind without her knowing}

Handmaiden:...and father left me, left us all, when he lost all that he loved at Malachor V.

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, player is reading his mind without him knowing}

Disciple: And all the Jedi who followed Revan, the true Jedi, died at Malachor V.

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, she doesn't know she is being read}

Visas: Your ship, my prison, that you dragged from the gravity well at Malachor V.

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, despairing, player is reading his mind without him knowing}

Atton: ...wish I'd never met him/her, wish I'd died there, that the storms had dragged me down into Malachor V.

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, player is reading his mind without him knowing}

Mandalore: We will not surrender, we will not die... like we did Malachor V.

Bao-Dur: Your command echoes still, General. And I obey, as I did at Malachor V. Now, Malachor V comes to us. And I wish to face it, this last time. I have destroyed planets for you, General. But now, this once, if we could save something in this galaxy...I need to do this, or I will die inside. Like I died at Malachor V.

Bao-Dur: I know you can hear me. I have always known. It is why I followed you.You know where you must go. It calls to you still.

{Reverent, pronouncement of doom, then sad at the end}

Bao-Dur: And she must be stopped, there, now, or she will bring the screams of Malachor V to the galaxy - just as we carried the echo all this way.

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, panicked, but don't go too overboard with panic}

Mira: What are we going to do?! If we don't stop her/them... then everyone, everywhere... they're going to lose their lives...

Mira: What are we going to do?! If we... if she's lost... then all those refugees, all those refugees... they're going to lose their lives...

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts, panicked, but don't go too overboard with panic}

Mira: What are we going to do?! If we... if he's lost... then all those refugees, all those refugees... they're going to lose their lives...

If I lose her, it will be my failing. It is the failing of the Jedi who followed Revan. It is a failing of their teaching...It is my failing. It is the failing of the Jedi who followed Revan. It is a failing of their teaching...

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts}

Visas: We go now, my Master, to that dark place which made you, where you gained your ship, your troops...

Visas: Soon your ship will come, my Master. Soon your ship shall come from that which made you...

{Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts}

Visas: Soon your ship will come, my Master. I will bring him/her before you, but I will not let you have him/her. Soon your ship shall come from that which made you...

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself}

Atton: ...should have stayed in that ship, let it drift until the power ran out, let it drift in that battlefield until the storms dragged me down...

Mandalore: More dead Jedi because of me... but this won't end like the Mandalorian Wars... I won't...

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself, player is reading his mind}

Mandalore: ...not like this, not like the end of the Mandalorian Wars... I won't...{"fail my people again"}

Mandalore: ...this will not end like the Mandalorian Wars... I won't...

{These are his thoughts as he's thinking to himself}

Bao-Dur: Your command echoes still, General.

Kreia: {Low, soft, draw it out, player is remembering her voice}It is the heartbeat of the past.

Kreia: {Low, soft, draw it out, player is remembering her voice}It is the echo of the past.

Handmaiden: {Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts}I cannot lose him, lose him like my father... if father had not gone to war, if he had not gone to fight the Mandalorians...

Handmaiden: {Player is reading her mind, these are her thoughts}...lost him like father... if father had not gone to war, if he had not gone to fight the Mandalorians...

End Scene

They've closed the original thread? And deleted the petition thread? This is just outrageous. And worst of all, they're going to close the forums. That is just weak. Just because this forum has been an inspiration for all the other unhappy KOTORII players, they're going to close it down? Aren't there anyone out there who is upset by this kind of "dictatorship"?

It's Obsidian's board. They pay for it. They have to do what they have to do to make sure other publishers want to sign with them. Likewise, we have to do what we have to do to make sure we get a functional product. Don't confuse a free gift, (the forum), with a right, (like, say, never buying another Lucas Arts prodcut again). That is the kind of thing that will get all of this ignored.

Hopefully this has garnered some attention at Lucas Arts. If not, the anger will just come around again with LA's next release, or people just won't care enough to buy it. Star Wars can't last forever, and they'll eventually run out of gullible 11 year olds to sell to with a brand name, and at that point, when they've lost their established customer base, they will have serious problems....

Star Wars can't last forever, and they'll eventually run out of gullible 11 year olds to sell to with a brand name, and at that point, when they've lost their established customer base, they will have serious problems....

True, but irrelevant. By the time that happens, probably no one of us will care about games anymore, and Uncle Lucas will be long dead...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.