Who else is sad about the closure of the forums?

Darque

So the next question is: Where's everyone going now? I doubt most of us are willing to dare the Bioboards. Too many fanboys, too moderated to have heated spammalicious discussions. Is there an option? Other than Codex anyway?

n/p: Ram-Zet - Queen

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So the next question is: Where's everyone going now? I doubt most of us are willing to dare the Bioboards. Too many fanboys, too moderated to have heated spammalicious discussions. Is there an option? Other than Codex anyway?

Well, there're still the Bio forums, as long as the steady and famous

LOCKDOWN!

:angry:

doesn't bother you too much. :)

"If this place would close, where would our poor trolls go? Building up a reputation like Volo's aint no small thing."

I'll survive. :)

Volourn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

"Britney Spears.com."

The only reason I'd go there would be for B00Bies!

"Jojo."

? Never heard of her.

Hmm, I thought throwing out a couple of teenage singers might be right up your alley. My apologies, vol. :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I could set up a forum on my server, but the problem is that no normal people woud come there so we could harrass them good n proper. Instead we would be doomed to revel forever in incestuos and repetative banter among ourselves.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Indeed, guess Lucasarts didn't like the general reception that KotoR2 suffered here.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I really dont believe LA has got a hand in this. And I definently dont belive Feargie would lie to cover it up.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I could set up a forum on my server, but the problem is that no normal people woud come there so we could harrass them good n proper. Instead we would be doomed to revel forever in incestuos and repetative banter among ourselves.

Well Mistress' Lair is the forum that got set up after Interplay closed down the community forums, so we could just be the 2nd migration.

I already have forums on my server. It currently has 1 poster. Me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I will certainly be said. Bio-boards are too huge, too slow, too impersonal, and too controlled by humorless folks I've never heard of despite my long fangal status with BioWare for me to feel comfortable hanging out there.

As for RPGcodex... well, much as I appreciate Exitum's blanket invite, we all know that some of us are excluded from said invite. Rumor says I'm one of those. :blink:

Still, we've survived the death of many on-line communities, and we'll survive the death of this one. I'd rather give up the forums without a fight than give up Obsidian as a potential powerhouse game developer. If the forums are taking time and money away from Obsidian's development team, then the forums have to go, simple as that. Creating great games must always be Obsidian's main focus.

IMHO, of course.

Still, we've survived the death of many on-line communities, and we'll survive the death of this one.  I'd rather give up the forums without a fight than give up Obsidian as a potential powerhouse game developer.  If the forums are taking time and money away from Obsidian's development team, then the forums have to go, simple as that.  Creating great games must always be Obsidian's main focus.

:blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Awe, Feargy used the petname I gave Obsidian...ain't that nice?

Anyway, about the Codex. I was just over there...there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of activity over there. On the 'off topic' forum, there are only about 5 threads that have a post from today.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'll miss the lost thread and the peeps in general.

As for why this is all occuring, I think it's lots of things, but I don't like that one of the reason being stated is that people bitched about K2 too much. What do you expect? It's not a case of people not liking your game, it's a case of people feeling like they were swindled. If they feel like posting angry messages instead of constructive ones, well, I think they are owed that. After all, no one is going to argue K2 was a finished game and people are just mad about design choices. There was alot to like about the game, but it simply wasn't a finished product.

That being said, it would be nice if every posted constructive comments. You have to remember this was a community that tried to be as helpful as possible during the K2 dev cycle. You can't blame this backlash on the community. Now it's being suggested that the community should be punished in part for the backlash. It's like saying I slap a guy and slap him again if he gets mad about me slapping him the first time.

I'd also like to point out that Arkan was around interplay forums when they went down. I say he's cursed. :(

sad? no.

disappointed? yes.

this forum kills time for me. i know there are other forums out there, but to be honest ive never liked the bioware forums (just something about them), the codex forums seem rather quiet, and the lucasarts forums are filled with the type of posters who im atleast a generation older than.

ive come to enjoy debating (and arguing) with a lot of people on here, so i suppose as long as atleast a few of those people end up somewhere, ill head there too.

Well Mistress' Lair is the forum that got set up after Interplay closed down the community forums, so we could just be the 2nd migration.

Set up after IPLY's downfall? Why the hell nobody has told me about this?`

So...linky?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, there're still the Bio forums, as long as the steady and famous

LOCKDOWN!

:angry:

doesn't bother you too much. :wub:

Erm...unless you're on Bioware's Troll-Watch List. I could go about setting up alternative IP addresses, getting new UPC codes for posting on different parts of their forums, etc. But it's just too much wasted time to post on a forum I can view just fine, that I didn't really like all that much anyway.

I'll miss the lost thread and the peeps in general.

As for why this is all occuring, I think it's lots of things, but I don't like that one of the reason being stated is that people bitched about K2 too much. What do you expect? It's not a case of people not liking your game, it's a case of people feeling like they were swindled. If they feel like posting angry messages instead of constructive ones, well, I think they are owed that. After all, no one is going to argue K2 was a finished game and people are just mad about design choices. There was alot to like about the game, but it simply wasn't a finished product.

That being said, it would be nice if every posted constructive comments. You have to remember this was a community that tried to be as helpful as possible during the K2 dev cycle. You can't blame this backlash on the community. Now it's being suggested that the community should be punished in part for the backlash. It's like saying I slap a guy and slap him again if he gets mad about me slapping him the first time.

I'd also like to point out that Arkan was around interplay forums when they went down. I say he's cursed. :wub:

Agreed, but this whole thing saddens me.

Do they have foul language? politics? imbedded images?

Guess I'll just hang around on the Dungeon Lords forum from now on then. Me and the handful other people who are interested in the game, despite its non-existant marketing and developer contact. I'll probably return to the Gothic-forums too, once Gothic 3 starts appearing on the horizon. I checked out RPGCodex but it didn't seem like a place I'd enjoy. I refuse to return to RPGDot's forums as long as they have that insane, right-wing, ultra-religious woman as a moderator. I don't even know the adress to the Mistress Lair's, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to forums without a purpose (no developer contact, no particular game to discuss and so on) so it's not very likely I look that one up either. The Bio-boards are awful. I tried to post a little over there when NWN2 moved, but the site is slow, the layout is confusing and every topic that had been discussed over the past months re-surfaced with fresh Bio-weenies asking the same questions we had discussed to death already.

Does InXile have a board..? Maybe I'll try my luck there.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!