Request To Keep Forum Closure Temporary

deganawida

Nothing I've seen causes this to make sense for me.

Developers don't have time to chat. So? We really don't expect them to chat; most drop-ins are just welcome visits, and I doubt many people view them as an obligation from the Developers to the fans. If Developers don't show up it would be disappointing, but certainly wouldn't shatter the entire meaning of the board.

They don't have a community manager. So? Make some user mods, keep one or two 'official' mods to police them and prevent abuse, and voila, problem solved. If the boards were being repeatedly, grossly spammed into oblivion I might understand....but really, this is a comparitively mild board. What's the problem?

As for criticism of the game? Big whoop. If you don't like the bashers, ignore them; there's just as many people who have legitimate criticism, as well as legitimate praise. If this is the 'unofficial' reason why this is happening, it seems incredibly short-sighted....not to mention overly sensitive.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

what the hell does that have to do with the boards?  surely you ain't suggesting that bio or lucas is jamming fergie up over the boards. 

HA! Good Fun!

...Oh, you don't remember the "NO TROLLING BIO...ummm, other Gaming Companies" fiasco, eh???...use yer head; you don't think Feargie's gettin' crapped on by LA fer all the anti-KotOR II sentiment 'ere???...christ, last week LA went after reviewers fer crappin' on KotOR II on the reviewers own damnable sites...Feargie made deals wit' devils an' now he's sufferin' for it...an' why does ya think the silence from Obsidz dealin' wit' KotOR II has been damn near deafenin', eh????...mebbe cuz LA has 'em by the tongue, ya think???...ye know, we've been goin' at this fer years now an' this is honestly the first time I can ever remember thinkin' "What; Grommy's smarter than that"...just fer once, pretend that it isn't me yer talkin' to 'ere (cuz you'd disagree wit' me jus' fer spite...as I would wit' you) an' use yer noggin' a bit a stew on it...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

you is nuts... honest. interplay and fergie had to deal with wotc for years... and you think bio is an issue? ask josh 'bout wotc interference with ip... hilarious.

HA!

is in obsidian's best interest to have an amicable relationship with their partners, but if you honestly think that bio and la is running the boards then you is crazier than we thought.

nuts.

you is trying to imagine problems for fergie. why not simply take his posts at face value? fergie thinks the fans is too unruly... too rude... and he blames obsidian silence on those fans. 'course it ain't like we ever saw much obsidian/fan dialogue on this board so it sounds like cheap rationalization to Gromnir... even so, your wacky conspiracy theories require us to ignore fergie's explanations and accept yours... and how likely is that?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Some things never change...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

As the risk of sounding like a Obsidian fanboi, if indeed they decide to close the forums, I would be happy to host some of these forums on NWN 2 News until they sort things out here. At least that way the community here would have a place to go and not disolve. And could always return if/when the forums come back. But at least it would keep you all mostly togeather.

Let me know if interested.

i should bookmark your forums now since knowing my luck these forums will just "disappear" one day without too much notice.

Please keep the forums open Obsidian.  Over the past year or so I have come to enjoy the company and discussions with many of my forum buddies here - and to close these forums now (wihout even providing an alternative ala NWN2 @ Bio), would be nothing short of decimating this community.  :(

As the risk of sounding like a Obsidian fanboi, if indeed they decide to close the forums, I would be happy to host some of these forums on NWN 2 News until they sort things out here. At least that way the community here would have a place to go and not disolve. And could always return if/when the forums come back. But at least it would keep you all mostly togeather.

Let me know if interested.

That's very kind of you Rhomster. Sign me up. :p

manthing2.jpg

"last week LA went after reviewers fer crappin' on KotOR II on the reviewers own damnable site"

Uhuh. Last I check the reviewers overall have rated KOTOR2 in the mid 80s, and the game has sold a ton. I doubt LA is really crying because of a handful of dinks. As for them 'going after reviewers'; LA has a right to state their opinion and request things - just like others can refuse them.

Stop being a D R A M A queen.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

EDIT: ya know what, ferget it; I won't "troll" this thread...this is a fan outcry to Feargie an' Obsidian to let them know that we would like the Forums to stay open, or at least only close temporarily...I've posted my opinion an' I stand by it...Feargus, let us "Forum Geeks" continue to support Obsidian in the best way we know how; by showing it here... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

This whole notion that LA has a finger in this is ridiculous.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Here you peeps go.. let me know what you think:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/newbb/index.php?cat=5

I tried to mirror the core forums as best I could. You will obvouslly see some missing that is because I already have such forums existing. I will go public with them if/when the forum closure happens. But they are currently all active.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

EDIT:  ya know what, ferget it; I won't "troll" this thread...this is a fan outcry to Feargie an' Obsidian to let them know that we would like the Forums to stay open, or at least only close temporarily...I've posted my opinion an' I stand by it...Feargus, let us "Forum Geeks" continue to support Obsidian in the best way we know how; by showing it here... :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sargie, I appreciate it.

Save Feargus

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

At the moment, since admin has removed the Forum Closure Announcement, I think it is fair to say that we have enjoyed a reprieve :D Thanks for the interest and sentiment indicated by this thread, I hope it is a part of why we all still get to banter :D

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: