Finished Kotor2 LS today

Guest ChaosStorm

Guest ChaosStorm

I finished the Kotor2 light side today. I still have to play dark side (please no DS spoilers in this thread :) )

I just don' t understand the story. Kotor 1 had a shocking revealing story. But kotor2... I found the story very disappointing. Sure, you are a wound in the Force and Keira trains you because she hates the Force and all. But I just don't understand. In the end you killed some old woman and destroyed some graveyard planet. How does that save the galaxy?

And what about the Ebon Hawk? First you see it crash into a chasm and then suddenly it reappears in the temple?!?

Very confusing all. Has the Dark Side a clearer story line? Because the ending of the light side story was very disappointing. Especially compared to the big revalations in Kotor 1.

Game play wise, 2 was slightly better. Story wise, 1 was far better.

I think somewhere Obsidian mentioned that they were going for kind of an Empire Strikes Back theme (where the good guys didn't really "win") So that could be why they left us with the open ending.

I think somewhere Obsidian mentioned that they were going for kind of an Empire Strikes Back theme (where the good guys didn't really "win") So that could be why they left us with the open ending.

Would've been cool if Atton had been frozen in carbonite and stolen by a Sith who was heading to where Revan was, so you'd fly off at the end to save him and find Revan too, lol. (w00t)

In the end you killed some old woman and destroyed some graveyard planet. How does that save the galaxy?

It doesn't. Killing a guy that's draining planets of all life did, in an obvious way. Going to Malachor and confronting Kreia was personal.

And what about the Ebon Hawk? First you see it crash into a chasm and then suddenly it reappears in the temple?!?

I would assume that one of the droids (T3 is my guess) or another character was onboard when it fell and managed to get the engines working before it hit the ground.

Revan is a mysterious man, He is awaiting the right moment to return. You are a true sith unlike those who follow sion, nithilus, and kreia. Revan is the greatest sithlord ever. Even Mandalore says hes never seen or heard of anyone as powerful as Darth Revan. It wasnt the sith fleet that was the sith's source of power, only a fool would believe that Revan was the source of the power. Remember Revan did resurrect the sith empire and is a keeper of forbidden and great knowledge aside from being expireneced with a lightsaber and the force.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

I finished the Kotor2 light side today. I still have to play dark side (please no DS spoilers in this thread :blink: )

I just don' t understand the story. Kotor 1 had a shocking revealing story. But kotor2... I found the story very disappointing. Sure, you are a wound in the Force and Keira trains you because she hates the Force and all. But I just don't understand. In the end you killed some old woman and destroyed some graveyard planet. How does that save the galaxy?

Very confusing all. Has the Dark Side a clearer story line? Because the ending of the light side story was very disappointing. Especially compared to the big revalations in Kotor 1.

Game play wise, 2 was slightly better. Story wise, 1 was far better.

The big reason it makes no sense is that there are a LOT of leaps in logic that just do not make much sense, regardless of the content that was cut.

For example:

-Goto needs to find you, but doesn't want to hurt you... Yet sends every bounty hunter in the known universe after you to KILL you?!

-Kriea manages to take down THREE Jedi Masters (Counselors) in one blow?!

-You pretty much know Kriea is "evil" the minute you meet her... But you can't do anything about it because without her, there is no story. That is a BIG leap of faith and pretty shaky foundation to build the rest of the story one and almost insults the gamers intelligence to a degree.

-You're (under Revan) the swon enemy of the Mandalorians... Yet they simply "forgive and forget" and decide to ally themself with you on Duxn without even trying to kill you?!

There are a lot of logic lapses through out the game and I think these are the biggest complaints because the game just does not really make much sense if you look at it from "the big picture" like Kriea keeps urging you to in certain points.

What I think TSL suffers from is that it has no solid foundation aside from looking for the Jedi Masters and tries to address to many things at once and because of the rushed deadline, the really interesting things were left OUT and we are left with what amounts to, in my opinion, a rough first draft of the game's story regardless of what side you play.

I know we did this in the other thread, but still...

-Goto needs to find you, but doesn't want to hurt you... Yet sends every bounty hunter in the known universe after you to KILL you?!

No, this one's explained by Goto. The bounty hunters are exceeding their instructions. Goto doesn't care much, since if they can kill you, you're not good enough for him anyway.

-Kriea manages to take down THREE Jedi Masters (Counselors) in one blow?!

Well, she does say there are DS techniques against which there is no defense. But yeah, it raises a big logic problem.

-You pretty much know Kriea is "evil" the minute you meet her... But you can't do anything about it because without her, there is no story. That is a BIG leap of faith and pretty shaky foundation to build the rest of the story one and almost insults the gamers intelligence to a degree.

Whether or not Kreia's evil, she doesn't do anything to hinder your character. Quite the opposite; she's helpful. And if you thought she was evil, what are you going to do about it? Pitch her out the airlock? Quite DS. Leave her off the ship, so she can do whatever she pleases? Nah -- much better having her where you can keep an eye on her.

And I'm not at all certain Kreia's evil. Her plan does have some merit. Honestly, what good has the Force done for anyone? All it seems to do is provoke devastating wars.

-You're (under Revan) the swon enemy of the Mandalorians... Yet they simply "forgive and forget" and decide to ally themself against you on Duxn without even trying to kill you?!

Entirely consistent with Mandalorian culture. The Mandalorians simply don't hate their enemies -- they respect and admire those who meet them on the field of battle. Didn't you play KotOR 1? Canderous likes your KotOR 1 PC more after the big revelation, not less.

One very weird moment from the Malakor V and Ebon Hawk:

How Ebon Hawk flies? As seen in the cutscene she (I guess being a ship this means Ebon Hawk is "she") has no probelm to land vertically and or to hang in the air like a chopper. Yet it crashed on Malakor V without any reason (enemy fire, damages and such). The only reasonable reason I see is Atton trying to commit suicide.

You "know" Kreia is evil the same way you might "know" that your wife is cheating on you. You can "know" it all you want, but unless you have proof (catching her doing something wrong) you can't call her out on it. Besides, evil or not she helps you regain your connection to the Force, and your character needs all the help he/she can get.

-You're (under Revan) the swon enemy of the Mandalorians... Yet they simply "forgive and forget" and decide to ally themself with you on Duxn without even trying to kill you?!

Did you even play the first KOTOR? If you did, you'd know that that's perfectly in character for Mandalorians. They don't hold grudges.

How Ebon Hawk flies? As seen in the cutscene she (I guess being a ship this means Ebon Hawk is "she") has no probelm to land vertically and or to hang in the air like a chopper. Yet it crashed on Malakor V without any reason (enemy fire, damages and such). The only reasonable reason I see is Atton trying to commit suicide.

I assumed it crashed because of the storms seen during that cutscene.

You "know" Kreia is evil the same way you might "know" that your wife is cheating on you. You can "know" it all you want, but unless you have proof (catching her doing something wrong) you can't call her out on it. Besides, evil or not she helps you regain your connection to the Force, and your character needs all the help he/she can get.

Did you even play the first KOTOR? If you did, you'd know that that's perfectly in character for Mandalorians. They don't hold grudges.

I assumed it crashed because of the storms seen during that cutscene.

If this is true, then Ebon Hawk must be very sh*tty space ship. Obviously the Sith ships have no problems with the storms.

Im guessing you havnt heard of Kex :lol: he may be the only Mandalorian that holds grudges. The story of his predecssors death is kinda funny you should talk to him about it. It was a weapons malfunction of some sorti believe it was mines on a loading dock.

There is nothing there for you Jedi, only weakness surrounds the Jedi Order, just Give in

actualy, the reason for the game's ending is this: the guys from obsidian had to cut a lot of stuff from the end, so the game could be in stores in december. there is athread in this forum that explains the loose ends here if you really want to know how the game was suposed to end, then read the first 3 pages. :lol:

Uh, well, you do have this force bond thing going on, where if she dies you die. Don't you think that might be a good reason to keep her around, whether you like her or not? It might be worth trying to keep her alive, don't you think? And one reason to try and find the masters is to see if there is a way to sever the bond - then you could dump her if you want.

I just don' t understand the story. Kotor 1 had a shocking revealing story. But kotor2... I found the story very disappointing. Sure, you are a wound in the Force and Keira trains you because she hates the Force and all. But I just don't understand.

Very confusing all

Join the club!

Well, I understand the story, but I didn't think it was that good, compounded with the cut stuff and bugs (plenty of topics on those!)

As for the "open Empire Strikes Back" style of ending, one thing it all takes me back to is the Revan/Bastila thing. BioWare said they left that issue unresolved to create that same open ending in the movies - and it wasn't resolved in this.

My point is that Obisidan/LucasArts is building up a bad reputation for fulfilling plot holes.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Guest ChaosStorm
Actually, I figured the reason the Ebon Hawk crashed was the reason all the other ships had crashed on there and everyone had died - the Mass Shadow Generator.

There you say something else... the Mass Shadow Generator... where did that suddenly come from? To me it just popped out of nothing in the story. I didn't hear references of it before I set foot on Malachor V. And how about Darth Nihilus, what does he has to do with the whole Keira thing...

Some how I get the feeling we might see a part 3 - just to close the open ends. I wouldn't mind though. I like the game, I would just have loved a better story line.

Thanks for the ideas and explanations posted so far, everyone! :thumbsup:

The Mass Shadow Generator is an example of one of the things I never (and still don't) know about. You'd think by the end of the game you had sorted out everything about your past but no, I finished still not knowing.

Things like, the player is supposed to remember Atris, why you were on the Harbinger in the first place, etc.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Actually, I figured the reason the Ebon Hawk crashed was the reason all the other ships had crashed on there and everyone had died - the Mass Shadow Generator.

How the Sith was landing there then? How it is possible to exist an academy if everyone is crashing when arriving?