say it aint so, feargus

Ceciliantas thread:

Some guy named Ceciliantas got caught cyber-sexing (with a female character played by a guy) playing Everquest.

He started a HUGE flame war on one or another forum, and briefly became an Internet anti-celebrity a-la Star Wars Kid. The thread link was referenced on many game- and non-game related websites (including even Theonion.com). The forum's owner where the thread lived had to ask for paypal donations to pay for the bandwidth, and I think people donated...

The thread grew huge, upwards of 100 pages. I say this one can beat it.

/me casts "Summon Darque"...

Sweet.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Well if this plus does burn in hell. How about creating our own forums?

Dude that sounds awesome.

I admit, I have not the ability, nor the resources to pull that off...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

We've had 125 pages here before...

We have?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Let us start a revolution! overthrow the decadent Obsidian Tyranny!

oh right just realized I'm waaaay too lazy to travel all the way to America just to keep a forum alive .. someone do it for me! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

Repeat after me:

Keep the forums open!

Keep the forums open!

Keep the forums open!

Keep the forums open!

Keep the forums open!

Keep the forums open!

Please don't shut these down. If you do, a lot of new gamers will not know how to fix the bugs that are in the game currently, and will have to figure it out on their own, which would cause even more problems.

Let us start a revolution! overthrow the decadent Obsidian Tyranny!

oh right just realized I'm waaaay too lazy to travel all the way to America just to keep a forum alive .. someone do it for me! ^_^

If you'll pay then I'll do it. I'll just *forget* to try and keep the forum alive and enjoy a holiday. :ph34r:

I'm sorry, but your continued attempts to provoke me with flaming and trolling have failed.

Don't bother continuing. :(

Can_of_Spam.gif

Can_of_Spam.gif

Can_of_Spam.gif

Can_of_Spam.gif

Can_of_Spam.gif

Can_of_Spam.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you do, a lot of new gamers will not know how to fix the bugs that are in the game currently, and will have to  figure it out on their own, which would cause even more problems.

Someone could compile a list of fixes into a faq and submit it to the various gaming faq sites (like Gamefaqs)

Now to put this back on topic.No wonder there shutting it down.From the ceo side i can agree with him i got 40 idiots of my own to supervise and i just dont have the time to email everyone when i get home from work.This is why i trust my fellow college student(just a total sweetheart)attending PURDUE university to keep me in touch with whats going on.

But being an old BIS member from the interplay days i hate to see you go again.No im not a fangirl and no i dont believe devs are gods.I have plenty of boyfriends that are programmers that drink get drunk fall down get back up and make the next game.They have familys to.You guys need a vacation in the bahamas plain in simple.Cant afford it try mailibu/venice beach its not to far from orange county. :(

Haven't the NWN2 forums already been outsourced to Bioware?

I suppose they want to close this forum down because they got way too expensive.

The release of Kotor2 and the ensuing run on this forums by fans and complainers has caused the trouble.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

This forum has been my second or third home. Lol. There may be alot of complaints and alot of trolling going around here but at the core there still is a very loyal fanbase. By closing this forum youre dooming us to *gulp* the LA forums. Now who wants that?

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

These forums without a community manager are about ten times tamer than Lucasforums with active representatives on the boards all the time. When the LA KotOR forums aren't busy burning George Lucas in effigy, it's only because the trolls are too busy telling one another to STFU.

If the current state of these forums is a problem, 99% of all forums across the web, and the entirety of Usenet, need to be shut down immediately, because 99% of the forums I see out there right now contain more disruptive content, trolls and flames than these ones do.

Closing the forums down permanently would be a mistake IMO. Interaction with your customers is a vital part of surviving in the industry, especially in the gaming industry.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Anybody else notice that the Cut Ending Stuff was closed with no explanation and the Petition threat was deleted?

An answer may be found in this article. Please note the following quote:

LucasArts wasn't thrilled with the column, from what I understand, and I'm not surprised.
I'd imagine that is why it was closed, and most likely presents problems to OE.

Just when I thought I'd found my salvation from GameFAQs forums (Surgeon General's Warning: reading of threads may result in brain melting into inert, spongy goo within 30 seconds), and Lucasarts Forums (does any fanbase on earth despise their own franchise and rights holder as much as these folks?) and even Penny-Arcade (interesting bunch, but they'll eat you alive), the best bunch of developers out there in the RPG world right now (IMHO) intend to close their forums. Ah, well. Such is the web.

We will not go quietly into the night.

We will not vanish without a fight.

We're going to live on.

We're going to survive.

Today, we celebrate our Forum Unification Day!

And besides, if you close the forums, who will entertain all of jaggy's loyal fans? ^_^

manthing2.jpg

This thread won't beat Ceciliantas

Any the "OE sux" threads really are a minority to close down the forums because of them. Every recent idiotic one started has had people pounce on them.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

We will not go quietly into the night.

We will not vanish without a fight.

We're going to live on.

We're going to survive.

Today, we celebrate our Forum Unification Day!

And besides, if you close the forums, who will entertain all of jaggy's loyal fans?  ^_^

All hail Lord Jaguar! All hail Lord Jaguar! (w00t)

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung