say it aint so, feargus

You're not even using my logic against me, you don't even appear to understand what I'm trying to say.

I hate to use this argument, but you're too "new" to understand.

You would have to have been here from the begining and before.

(To Feargus)

Mind Trick: These aren't the forums you're looking for...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

If they close this forum, it might be a mixed bag for me. I started reading it in I think August of last year when I found out that the developers of Kotor2 were giving updates on features of K2 and taking feedback and implementing it to an extent. Soon I was checking every day and, by november, posting one or two things while here. I had never had an interest in posting on message boards before, and really surprised I wrote in as much as I did here.

When the boards close, I might miss discussing the physics and metaphysics of the fictional universe birthed by a quasi-hack writer/director (though perhaps the most important innovator that film has ever seen) who had one or two unparalleled ideas, but ultimately my time would be better spent doing things other than posting silly rhetorics on a damned message board.

Should be working on my script, anyway.

Darnet.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You're not even using my logic against me, you don't even appear to understand what I'm trying to say.

I hate to use this argument, but you're too "new" to understand.

You would have to have been here from the begining and before.

I see. So now it's an act of Faith that can't be analysed through logic. That's even better than the last one. At least you're dismissing me without giving me anything to turn against you. Very moving. :thumbsup:

Whatever.

I have seen other forums close down, and there were always people frightened that "it would destroy the community". It didn't. Some people went away, some people formed a new community. New people came, too. Nothing lasts forever, that's the way things are.

Tell you what, I don't even know why I bother. In the end, no matter how much you or I argue, the decision has probably been made already. Perhaps the announcement was just to avoid what happened with the NWN2 boards. At least this way we won't be able to complain that the boards were gone overnight. icon3.gif

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Blah blah :thumbsup: whatever :rolleyes: blah blah.

I have seen other forums close down, and there were always people frightened that "it would destroy the community". It didn't.

And I've seen it happen where it has.

So where does that leave things.

I have seen other forums close down, and there were always people frightened that "it would destroy the community". It didn't. Some people went away, some people formed a new community. New people came, too. Nothing lasts forever, that's the way things are.

Then it's no longer the same community is it. Which is what Darque is getting at. It's like when a pub shuts, people move on but it's highly unlikely they will all pick the same pub.

Change is inevitable, I think it's been 4 or 5 different boards from BIS to here. Shifting NwNII to Bioware was pretty much it , because with nothing to talk about most people would drift away anyway.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Blah blah  :thumbsup: whatever  :rolleyes: blah blah.

Congratulations. You just earned the "stupidest remark in a relevant thread" award. Usually I'd ask how does it feel, but to be honest, I don't want you to risk putting yourself into yet greater embarassment. Don't thank me, it's my job.

If you have nothing relevant to add (as you have already proven), please do us all a favor and quit wasting bandwitdth and spamming this otherwise interesting discussion.

Thank you and have a nice day.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Guest Damar Stiehl

Darque: by gum, you're a fecking drama queen.

"Closing the forums will destroy the community." Boo hoo, cry me a goddamn river. If people want to talk about this game, they'll gather at a different location. What is it that is so special about "this community"? The warm and fuzzy feeling of seeing someone with a "Developer" tag posting a message in your thread? Big fecking deal. It changes absolutely nothing. A gaming company, be it Obsidian, Bioware or anyone else, will do whatever it takes to make money, and if along the lines they fullfill some fanboi's dreams, well, that's just a nice bonus.

"You wouldn't understand, you'd have to be here from the beginning". Right, I wouldn't. Most likely because I don't develop sentimental crushes on the employees of the company whose games I choose to buy.

It's like when a pub shuts, people move on but it's highly unlikely they will all pick the same pub.

No, it's not. The Net doesn't work the same way RL does, so the example isn't valid.

People Of Obsidian Entertainment:

No seriously these aren't the forums you are looking for...

Lets.

No, it's not. The Net doesn't work the same way RL does, so the example isn't valid.

Yes it is, you meet people in a pub that you dont meet at any other times. If you meeting places closes you no longer meet them. It's quite simple really.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Guest Damar Stiehl

But what's the big deal anyway?

If you want to stay in touch with someone, just go to the same forums that they'll migrate to when this one closes. Or send emails. Whatever. You care about maybe 10-15 people around here if that. Do you really give a damn where the rest 10000 (or however many) end up?

I swear, the sentimentality is overwhelming.