say it aint so, feargus

I read it, too... and I don't understand. Have there been complaints?

I think we all understand that the devs can't post all the time here... and we appreciate when you do. As for the mods :) ... you have them and they are doing their jobs very well, IMHO. They are niether too controling nor too lax.

I truly hope that you all don't make this decision without hearing what we who have built a cimmunity here have to say. :(

Independant forums ohoy?

Ive got serverspace but no room(or bandwidth transfer limits large enough) for a forum of this size.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hell, I'd close down the forums, too if all I got for the most part was "THIS GAME SUCKS AND SO DOES OBSIDIAN!

But in all seriousness, it's too bad that they are going to shut down the forums and it's too bad alot of people don't realize (kids I assume) that the devs are too busy and the company is too new and small to have people hanging around the boards all day with fanbois and such, and these people have chosen to shower Feargus and other devs with emails and PMs wondering where they are.

That is just ridiculous.

And, yes, this is not up for debate or discussion. The forums WILL BE SHUT DOWN. The only decision that Feargus and co. need to make is for how long and when. Possibly permanently.

For what it's worth, I've appreciated all of the hard work by the devs and I've also appreciated the feedback that we've gotton regarding K2 and NWN2. Especially in light of the former's split reaction on these boards.

I know it couldn't have been fun to visit the forums to see whats going on and see about 100 "THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!" threads all over the place. But yet, Chris, Feargus, Brian, and others, have always answered those critics when they've had the chance.

And I thought Feargus' email to a poster apologizing for the disappointing experience that person had with the game was heartfelt and sincere. It showed that these guys and gals are professionals and that, contrary to popular belief, they do care about their product and want nothing more than for the public to enjoy their games and have the best gaming experience possilble.

I wish you guys and gals all the best on your future endeavors! :)

PS. So I guess all of you folks that just want to flame K2 and OE, go right ahead. It's all academic at this point.

Obsidian should probably leave the two 'self-help' tech support forums open, at least until the patch is released. They've helped a lot of people to minimise the impact of the bugs and have a better playing experience.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

why not just make a sticky in each forum with "we developers are busy making new games and patches and do not have a lot of times to make replies on this forum" and then keep the forums open like they are.

" So... let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane? "

- Rimmer, Quarantine

I don't see why they "need" a community manager.

A simple FAQ would keep people informed, and let them know what's what.

I think it's a proven fact that having a forum is a good way to keep people interested in your company/games.

Look at Troika... no forum.. and they went belly up... :)

Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open Keep the forums open. Pleeeeeeeease

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Extremely well spoken. Thanks for taking the time to type that out. :-

Hell, I'd close down the forums, too if all I got for the most part was "THIS GAME SUCKS AND SO DOES OBSIDIAN!

But in all seriousness, it's too bad that they are going to shut down the forums and it's too bad alot of people don't realize (kids I assume) that the devs are too busy and the company is too new and small to have people hanging around the boards all day with fanbois and such, and these people have chosen to shower Feargus and other devs with emails and PMs wondering where they are.

That is just ridiculous.

And, yes, this is not up for debate or discussion.  The forums WILL BE SHUT DOWN.  The only decision that Feargus and co. need to make is for how long and when.  Possibly permanently.

For what it's worth, I've appreciated all of the hard work by the devs and I've also appreciated the feedback that we've gotton regarding K2 and NWN2.  Especially in light of the former's split reaction on these boards.

I know it couldn't have been fun to visit the forums to see whats going on and see about 100 "THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!" threads all over the place.  But yet, Chris, Feargus, Brian, and others, have always answered those critics when they've had the chance.

And I thought Feargus' email to a poster apologizing for the disappointing experience that person had with the game was heartfelt and sincere.  It showed that these guys and gals are professionals and that, contrary to popular belief, they do care about their product and want nothing more than for the public to enjoy their games and have the best gaming experience possilble.

I wish you guys and gals all the best on your future endeavors! :)

PS. So I guess all of you folks that just want to flame K2 and OE, go right ahead. It's all academic at this point.