Lamest force-power?

Guest ChaosStorm

Force Sight is lame. I still don't understand what it does when I press that button. I see no difference at all.

Force Sight is lame. I still don't understand what it does when I press that button. I see no difference at all.

Yeah, I think it was definitely bugged. I've seen screenshots that were taken prior to the game's release where Force Sight had been activated and it seemed to dull everything else in the area except for your enemies who would be turned red, blue, or grey depending on their Force alignment. I'm not sure what advantage this really gives you, however, other than being a neat little addition if you were to walk into a cantina and use Force Sight just for fun to see whether the Bith musicians were evil or not.

Revitalize.

Force Heal (especially at the higher levels) makes Revitalize worthless because it [Revitalize] drains your own Force Points in order to raise party members from the dead who aren't really "dead" because no one really dies in this game unless EVERYONE in your party dies and that rarely happens in even the biggest of battles (Onderon Palace; Temple on Duxn).

the worst one by far i have it but can never use it cos my charcs are back on their feet in 2 secs after going down:P

I think some of these Force Powers would be okay (Revitalize; Beast/Mind Trick) IF the developers made you use them in specific scenarios.

I know people would complain they hate being "forced" to use a certain power... But usually, in any game, whenever your character gains a new weapon/power/ability there is a specific reason for it and not just to give you more options (in the game mechanic sense).

As we've been discussing... I think Beast Trick would be cool if you COULD trurn a wild Cannock against an enemy like those Beast-Rider people on Onderon. It would be useful because it gives you incentive to use it AND it gives you another "ally" during a battle if you happen to be in the wilderness as on Duxn or even Dantooine.

The same thing with Revitalize. If they scripted a few VERY short scenarios where you had to "revive" your party members (from gas; poisons or something) and you couldn't use Force Heal (at any level), then I don't think I'd mind it as much. I wouldn't level it up, but it gives it a point of being in the story.

Ironically, they DID try this with Force Breath (Breathe?) in the Jek' Jek Tar... But you don't need it if you use your breathing mask from Peragus (what is funny is that I had about four of them from just random loot drops on different planets so my entire party, including Mira, was wearing one just for the hell of it and it made all the gas mines in the sewers useless... Not quite what the devs had in mind is my guess ;) ).

RE: Master Speed.

This is a definite MUST in both games.

It increases your attacks two fold as well as raises your defense. If you don't like the visual effect, there is a mod that takes away almost ALL of the visual effects for Force Powers that make it more like the films and more immersive and less D&D-like.

As we've been discussing... I think Beast Trick would be cool if you COULD trurn a wild Cannock against an enemy like those Beast-Rider people on Onderon. It would be useful because it gives you incentive to use it AND it gives you another "ally" during a battle if you happen to be in the wilderness as on Duxn or even Dantooine.

In the strat guide beast trick has a second level like mind trick.

Revitalise is probably the power that I've never found a use for.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

i'm kind of suprised that nobody mentioned plague. it drains 12 points from every stat and slows the opponent. since the DC for it is 100 nobody can save against it. it makes it easier for a consular that's weak in melee to defeat an opponent in melee combat.

mind trick/confusion is also great for some temporary aid when fighting a large number of opponents.

with a few exceptions, almost all of the offensive powers are decent but their effectiveness depends on ones playstyle. of course, since the bulk of the XP comes from killing it leaves a lot of the powers unused.

it sure would be nice if the game rewarded you when you used some stealth to bypass or incapacitate a group of opponents.

oh well... KILL 'EM ALL! >_<

Yeah, I think it was definitely bugged. I've seen screenshots that were taken prior to the game's release where Force Sight had been activated and it seemed to dull everything else in the area except for your enemies who would be turned red, blue, or grey depending on their Force alignment. I'm not sure what advantage this really gives you, however, other than being a neat little addition if you were to walk into a cantina and use Force Sight just for fun to see whether the Bith musicians were evil or not.

It does have the advantage of allowing your character to see through walls. Or rather, it allows your character to see through doors. For some odd reason walls remain impenetrable to Force Sight.

post-9975-1110664049_thumb.jpg