Lamest force-power?

I have to agree that the choke and kill ones really suck.  It gets saved very single fething time.

Did they weaken Kill for TSL? It never had so many saves in KOTOR.... but yeah, it got more worthless while Force Storm actually because useful as hell.

Guest ChaosStorm

I was very dissappointed with Inspire Followers - or whatever the correct name is (I got it when taking the Jedi Master class). Battle Meditation is just a whole lot better.

Did they weaken Kill for TSL?  It never had so many saves in KOTOR....  but yeah, it got more worthless while Force Storm actually because useful as hell.

I have to agree. Some of the better offensive Force Powers... Like Choke, Kill, Wound and others were completely "nerfed" and you'd always get a Save... Even against weak opponets like Cannocks and Bounty Hunters. What's the use in using Force Whirlwind where it doesn't do what it is supposed to do (Stun and suspend the target in the air)?

The only one that becomes *too* powerful and allows you to spam it to no end at the higher levels is Force Storm.

You can literally wipe out entire rooms of Sith Assasins without moving a finger. Unfortunately, this gets really boring toward the end because as you know, that is all Traya and Scion throw at you as make your way through the Dark Academy... But all you have to do is equip Force Shield (for melee attacks) and then spam Force Lighting and you can literally walk through six, seven waves of these guys with absolutely NO health penalties and not even FP penalties since by now you are most likely a level 26+ Prestiege Class and can regenerate during combat if LS. Talk about unbalanced...

i read briefly at gamefaqs that fury (improved fury i think) was a broken force power....maybe just on xbox though...It also said that the kill force power only ever takes off half of their health (that they have left). Anyway, i found force immunity, my no 2 must have force power for kotor 1, to be completely useless in kotor 2. Master speed is still my no. 1.

With my Consular/Sith Lord, I've actually found Force Choke/Kill to be extremely useful, even at the highest difficulty. I've had success using it on the jedi masters (Vrook was down in seconds), Sion, and Nihilus. Stun me will you? CHOKE on this!

Force Mastery, Master Force Focus, and a high wisdom really help. The saves for NPCs are insanely high otherwise. Add on Crush Opposition that you get as a Sith Lord, and you can land anything on anyone, which is nice. :(

Force Camo is quite useful with Stun as well, provided you can consistantly get it to work. I used it a lot on Malachor V combined with Stealth Run.

Unfortunately, with how the game is devised, you either really rely on your melee skills, or your force skills. It's very difficult to do both and be effective, unless you go the finesse route and boost dex via items, and wisdom via stat increases during leveling. Even so, you sacrifice a lot of melee damage potential by having a low strength. You can offset this with Shien form and Power Attack though. They add a total of x2 to your critical multiplier. Add in Keen and you can do some hefty damage consistantly. Unfortunately, Consulars never get the form.

Revitalize I could never think of a decent use for.

Force Aura was totally uneeded, especially if you're a Sentinel/Watchman. By Malachor V, I didn't even have to use a gas mask. I just ran through the cracks and never got poisoned. Sentinels have some awesome saves and immunities :(

Force Immunity I only used with Kreia at the end my first game through. If the jedi in the game used force powers on you like they did in KOTOR, it'd have been worthwhile. But they don't, so it isn't.

Force Breach I used only once. To drop Kreia's Force Immunity. Not that it helped much once it was down. See above.

Destroy Droid was totally worthless. I simply had Kreia master Force Storm which worked on everything instead of only being situational. I disarmed the mines for XP, and broke them down for components. Later, I had Visas learn Force Storm and boosted her CHA to take advantage of her base high CHA (I played LS first)

Vitality Regeneration. Aside from the beginning, it was completely worthless. And in the beginning, Energy Resistance, and Force Deflection would serve you well onto Dantooine or wherever you went after Telos until you constructed your lightsaber.

Throw Saber sucked in KOTOR. I didn't even bother in KOTOR 2.

Mind Trick I never saw a use for either. Why leave XP standing?

Force Aura isn't a particularly useful power... But I do give it to Kriea and whomever my Jedi NPCs may be at the time just to have some "buffer" in case the enemies have high hit probablilities.

Master Speed is a MUST. The combination of MS, Master Flurry with high dex, high strength means you can take down even the strongest of opponents in one, two swipes. Get the battles over quick and easy :(

I had something like a 32 wisdom and 26 charisma (and very weak in everyting else) .. but as a Consular/Sith Lord I didn't need anything else .. so 2x (sometimes 3) Force Kill could take down anyone! even Sion .. not even talking about Force Crush which would take out everything in 1 go and only cost 10 or 15.. and then Force Lightning (which only cost 5 if you max out your evil) can take down as many enemies as you like in two turns .. so what's the point of strenght and dex I ask? :)

But to answer the actual question of the post .. sorry .. :-"

Aura was the most useless to me .. or maybe Force Resistance? the one who proctected you from 30 points of damage at max level .. woooow! :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I vote Force Camouflage. So I don't have to use up a belt shot. Whee.

where the f---ing hell do you get it?

The fantastic Crush Opposition, the force power even a kinrath saves against.

kinrath are almost always saved.

Force Scream is also another pretty useless power. Regretted putting a single point into it to bring it to level 2 for Kreia.

try master force scream..it makes a real difference :)

i dont use force storm cos it looks crap and its overpowered...i promised myself i wouldnt use force wave in k2 but i had so many points to spend on force powers i had to lower myself to getting energy resistance >.<

The problem with this and many other games is that it gives you two ways to kill stuff: the clever way and the brute force way. Sure, you could sneak up on a group of enemies, set some mines, cast force confusion on one of them, then paralyze on the rest and sit back and watch as a Sith kills his own. Or you could just walk into the room, fire off 1 or 2 Force Storms and kill them all faster than you can blink.

My consular/Jedi Master had darn near every Force power by the end, but 99% of the time he just blasted Force Storm. Why bother with anything else? It got really boring but by then I just wanted to finish the dang game.

I vote Force Camouflage. So I don't have to use up a belt shot. Whee.

where the f---ing hell do you get it?

You get it as a freebie if you go Sith Assassin or Jedi Watchman.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You have to be kidding! Beast Control is totally useless. Just take a lightsaber and hack them to bits. End of story.

I found that in the later stages in Traya Academy where there were lots of enemies that could swarm you, Force Wave is a great Force power to have. Knocks them back and stuns them for awhile. This gives me time to activate Force Enlightenment then go in with Master Flurry for quick kills.

I think throughout the whole game, I only use Battle Meditation 5 or 6 times.

Master Speed is the most essential Force power, regardless of whether you are Light Side or Dark Side as it increases your Defense and gives you 2 more attacks. My Jedi Watchman was equipped with 2 lightsabers, so I had a total of 4 attacks!

Master Speed is the most essential Force power, regardless of whether you are Light Side or Dark Side as it increases your Defense and gives you 2 more attacks. My Jedi Watchman was equipped with 2 lightsabers, so I had a total of 4 attacks!

Most essential? I have never put a point into Force Speed in either KOTOR 1 or 2, light or dark. I actually found it annoying - Kreia would cast it randomly during battle, making it difficult for me to walk around normally in battle.

Most useless force power would be either Crush Opposition or any other dark side power that doesn't do damage. There's no point reducing the enemies resistances when you can just Storm, Scream or Drain them to death in one or two rounds.