Miraluka later in Star Wars Timeline???

In some respect the character Jerec from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight reminds me of a descendant of the Miraluka race. He is said to have eyeless sockets that he covers with a thin blindfold, and uses the force to see. There has really never been any backstory to the Jerec character to tell if he had lost his eyes or was simply born with eyeless sockets like the Miraluka race.

I know this is kinda off subject, except for the mentioning of the Miraluka, but I wanted to see what other people thought? :p

I thought that was possible at first, except for one small detail there were no scars along the eyes, the blindfold only covered the sockets and a little around the side of the heads and then after playing KOTOR 2 It got me thinking. Most evel characters kept their scars as badges of their victories.

In some respect the character Jerec from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight reminds me of a descendant of the Miraluka race.  He is said to have eyeless sockets that he covers with a thin blindfold, and uses the force to see.  There has really never been any backstory to the Jerec character to tell if he had lost his eyes or was simply born with eyeless sockets like the Miraluka race.

I know this is kinda off subject, except for the mentioning of the Miraluka, but I wanted to see what other people thought? :devil:

Miraluka is bad,

"There is no running or hiding, Jedi. Your times up."

-Boba Fett-

BOBAFETT.JPG

In some respect the character Jerec from Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight reminds me of a descendant of the Miraluka race.  He is said to have eyeless sockets that he covers with a thin blindfold, and uses the force to see.  There has really never been any backstory to the Jerec character to tell if he had lost his eyes or was simply born with eyeless sockets like the Miraluka race.

I know this is kinda off subject, except for the mentioning of the Miraluka, but I wanted to see what other people thought? :devil:

Miraluka is bad,

How are Miraluka bad?

They were simply a race of Force sensitives.

The eyes of the Miraluka seem to be an EU discrepancy. In the time of KoTOR, they have sightless eyes. Milky white and unable to see. Apparently, at some later point in time they lose the eyes all together. I guess a lot can happen in 4000 years.

The eyes of the Miraluka seem to be an EU discrepancy. In the time of KoTOR, they have sightless eyes. Milky white and unable to see. Apparently, at some later point in time they lose the eyes all together. I guess a lot can happen in 4000 years.

And you now see the world of George Lucas' cannon fodder known as the Star Wars Universe. There have been so many discrepancies between movie/book/comic/and video game since the beginning of the Marketing franchise that is Star Wars. Lucas could care less about continuity of the Expanded Universe. As long as he can make a quick buck.

Heck I bet good 'ol GL would market a pile of dog crap, labelling it as Kaduu Poo, just to try and make a few dollars.

One of the characters (Atton, I think) refers to them having a 'colony', which confused me, because as the conversation continued they seemed to be refering to the Miraluka home world. There might be other planets where Miraluka live. Plus, in a galaxy as cosmopolitan as the Star Wars universe, there are bound to be thousands of Miraluka dotted around the place.

In other words, they've wisely left the door open to reusing Miraluka in the future, without needing some implausible explanation for why some survived.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Miraluka was a race before KotOR II...

They have lost their eyes 'cause they se through the Force well as any sighted race... (From WotC, Ultimate Alien Antology...)

The Destruction of the world of Kathar, doesn't not involve the exinction of the Miraluka as Race, at all...

There may be other colony, on other planet...

In EU, the only races that has been extincted was the Kathol, and they're not at all... (They transformed in a race of spirits and hide in another dimension...)

The Galaxy is Vast...

The Hiperdrive is Fast...