ritual in Freedon Nadd tomb

What is actually happening on Dxun, in Freddon Nad's tomb (hope my memory serves right)? At its end, the Dark Jedi there say the ritual is complete, then engage you in combat. What ritual? And who are those sith reallly serving? I can't imagine Sion, let alone Nihilus, ordering any sort of ritual concerning a dead Sith Lord. I am indeed pointing at Kreia.

Anyway. What's that about?

I have no idea what was happening there but I distinctively saw a Dark Jedi get struck down by lightning from that vortex in the ceiling whe my party approached them and the conversation cutscene activates. Saves me the trouble of killing one more Dark Jedi. :D

The ritual is intended to control the beasts you fight later in Onderon that are somewhat under Sith control.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The ritual is intended to control the beasts you fight later in Onderon that are somewhat under Sith control.

Well, that's interesting, but for the fact that before you enter the Ritual Room, and get the confirmation of the ritual's completion, sith do! atack you with beasts they control quite well. Plus, if i properly recall, there's a datapad there further acclaiming the beasts' prowess in combat, under the sith. All prior to the completion of the ritual, in Nadd's burial chamber.

Furthermore Visas Marr, my chosen leader of that mission, asks of my progress on Onderen, and the mandalorian's NPC answer comes as follows: 'in the meantime...'

That seem like a very important event there, with the ceiling orb killing a Dark Jedi (no small thing), all in Nadd's burial chamber. I don't belive, as i have specified above, that it is but a beast control ritual. Nadd is a child of the glorious Old Sith Empire, probably holding it's knowledge and technology. He is a child of the The Great Hyperspace War, in a time when pockets of the Empire possibly breached the Outer Rim, or were already there, prospering. Perhaps Nadd had the knowledge to contact such places... Since i see no point in it being a resurrection ritual of some sort.

Well.. i might be going a bit too far with my suppositions :lol:

Well, that's interesting, but for the fact that before you enter the Ritual Room, and get the confirmation of the ritual's completion, sith do! atack you with beasts they control quite well. Plus, if i properly recall, there's a datapad there further acclaiming the beasts' prowess in combat, under the sith. All prior to the completion of the ritual, in Nadd's burial chamber.

Furthermore Visas Marr, my chosen leader of that mission, asks of my progress on Onderen, and the mandalorian's NPC answer comes as follows: 'in the meantime...'

That seem like a very important event there, with the ceiling orb killing a Dark Jedi (no small thing), all in Nadd's burial chamber. I don't belive, as i have specified above, that it is but a beast control ritual. Nadd is a child of the glorious Old Sith Empire, probably holding it's knowledge and technology. He is a child of the The Great Hyperspace War, in a time when pockets of the Empire possibly breached the Outer Rim, or were already there, prospering. Perhaps Nadd had the knowledge to contact such places... Since i see no point in it being a resurrection ritual of some sort.

Well.. i might be going a bit too far with my suppositions :lol:

How could Freedon Nadd be a child of The Great Hyperspace War that Nadd was a Jedi Knight 500 years before the time of Exar Kun?

I think it was about controlling the beast that was trying to bring down the force shield that was protecting the queen.

If I remeber correctly the Sith suddently lost control over that beast.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

How could Freedon Nadd be a child of The Great Hyperspace War that Nadd was a Jedi Knight 500 years before the time of Exar Kun?

Well.. my impression of the Sith Empire's golden age was the following: Marko Ragnos dead, republic explorer stumble upon the sith turf, Naga Sadow gains control of the Empire by going to war against the Republic, gets beaten, retreats, stumbles upon Kressh and his warring faction. Republic kicks both asses and as a result the Empire scatters. From the remaining sith pockets emerges Freedon Nadd... the one i dared call a child of the Republic - Sith Empire confrontation. It doesn't really interest me right now if all this has happened otherwise.

Because this has nothing to do with this post. Please review what i had previously written, related to the ritual, and feel free to reply to that. That was important.

I think it was about controlling the beast that was trying to bring down the force shield that was protecting the queen.

ach.. could be.. still, a lot of stress over a little beastie, all in Nadd's tomb, on another planet, with a huge, nasty Force Lightning fiery orb killing Dark Jedis that should normaly single hadedly terminate a regular army, let alone a puppy that goes down with two saber strikes

ach, and the ritual was declared to be "completed". so, the sith losing control over the beast seems to have little to do with it now, since it was successful.

Well, the ritual being a means of controlling the beasts has much more sense in regards to the rest of the plot than a totally unexplained and later forgotten attempt to resurrect or take advantage of a dead Sith Lord in which nobody had any interest whatsoever.

And when they say that you are too late, they may be referring to the beast bringing down the forcefield, and therefore, the ritual not being necessary any longer. It doesn't really matter if you can kill the poor thing in two strikes, it's supposed to be a really tough beast. But as we all know, the game is broken when it comes to gameplay mechanics. :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, the ritual being a means of controlling the beasts has much more sense in regards to the rest of the plot than a totally unexplained and later forgotten attempt to resurrect or take advantage of a dead Sith Lord in which nobody had any interest whatsoever.

And when they say that you are too late, they may be referring to the beast bringing down the forcefield, and therefore, the ritual not being necessary any longer. It doesn't really matter if you can kill the poor thing in two strikes, it's supposed to be a really tough beast. But as we all know, the game is broken when it comes to gameplay mechanics.  :lol:

well, this makes sense. thanks

Well.. i might be going a bit too far with my suppositions :(

Exar Kun was the instigator of the Sith Wars, not the Great Hyperspace War. The GHW was fought by Naga Sadow. Freedon Nadd was quite a while after, proving that not all of the Sith were wiped out, as stated by many people that try to argue the True Sith thingy. Perhaps Obsidian had this in mind, or they just got lucky... :)

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."