What's a "schutta"?

Back in the mid-90s there was a really awesome nerdy light punk band that called themselves Nerf Herder. They actually got some MTV play for their hit single "Van Halen," about the band of the same name.

These guys were really ahead of their time. At the time, Weezer was the only emo-nerdcore band around - now you can't throw a rock in any direction without hitting an emo kid or dime-a-dozen pop punker.

Nerf Herder also had the whole retro-nostalgia thing down way before Bowling for Soup came out with that inescapable "1985" song. NH wrote songs about Jonathan Richman and Courtney Love as well as Van Halen. They also were geeky as geeky could be, writing songs like "She's a Sleestak" about the mysterious creatures from "The Land of the Lost." And although I've only heard their first two albums, I hear the single off their latest effort is titled, "Mr. Spock." :(

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Back in the mid-90s there was a really awesome nerdy light punk band that called themselves Nerf Herder. They actually got some MTV play for their hit single "Van Halen," about the band of the same name.

These guys were really ahead of their time. At the time, Weezer was the only emo-nerdcore band around - now you can't throw a rock in any direction without hitting an emo kid or dime-a-dozen pop punker.

Nerf Herder also had the whole retro-nostalgia thing down way before Bowling for Soup came out with that inescapable "1985" song. NH wrote songs about Jonathan Richman and Courtney Love as well as Van Halen. They also were geeky as geeky could be, writing songs like "She's a Sleestak" about the mysterious creatures from "The Land of the Lost." And although I've only heard their first two albums, I hear the single off their latest effort is titled, "Mr. Spock."  :(

Surprised they weren't sued into oblivion.

Jello sued Green Jello over their name. Remember the Green Jelly logo with the umlat over the 'y' which still clearly spelled out green jello?

Also, John Travolta sued Mr. Bungle over their song 'travolta' and they had to rename it. I don't remember what to, but the new name was ridiculous.

Didn't they do the theme for Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Didn't they do the theme for Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

You are correct, sir.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I don't think Schutta is new. I think it was in Empire Strikes Back that a protocol droid called C-3PO a schutta and C-3PO said something to the effect of "How rude!"

I think it was "Eat Schutta"....maybe that would explain something.

The phrase was "E Chu Ta". I believe it is Huttese, and according to the Star Wars phrasebook, the translation is not suitable for a mass-market book/audience.

(Note: I found that phrasebook explanation online, however I have a copy of the book at home. I shall double-check it when I have a chance.)

My guess as to the translation is that there probably isn't one that would make sense to us.

Its just a cultural gap we cannot cross.

Schutta: This was a Twi'leki swear word, used to indicate a being of poor repute. It was derived from the name of a weasel-like creature natvie to ryloth (twilek homeworld) which would explain why the queen on onderon calls the genereal that he is trying to take power from her hes a weasel.

is a nerf what was Luke Was Riding In Episode 5 on Hoth

No, thats a Tauntaun

Nerfs are like horses I think, I've never seen one actually, but in the Star Wars Galaxies .TRE files, theres some audio of a nerf, and it sounds very much like a horse :ermm:

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Nerfs is more like goats, if you played Star Wars Battlegounds they are used as food resources.

never played that :ermm:

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Isn't a schutta the reciprocant of a donkey punch?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh wait no, its someone recieving an Arabian Steak Bomb

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Schutta: This was a Twi'leki swear word, used to indicate a being of poor repute. It was derived from the name of a weasel-like creature natvie to ryloth (twilek homeworld) which would explain why the queen on onderon calls the genereal that he is trying to take power from her hes a weasel.

If we gave our prizes, you would get one. :ermm: Ran across that in one of the Jedi Quest children's books, and for some reason, it stuck.

Chris

As said in earlier post, nerfs are bad smelling and temperamental goatlike animals. Here's what Kevin J. Anderson says about nerf herders in Illustrated Star Wars Universe:

Nerf herders were a special breed of people frowned upon by the higher cultural elements of Alderaan because they chose to live out in the open and paid little attention to their personal hygiene. Nerf herders are known somehwat distainfully as odorous and scruffy-looking...

SODOFF Steam group.

If we gave our prizes, you would get one. :thumbsup: Ran across that in one of the Jedi Quest children's books, and for some reason, it stuck.

Chris

I'm surprised it came from a children's book. The VO and dialog led me to the impression that it's quite a nasty swear word. I assumed that it was either original or from the various comics.

Maybe the meaning became more benign over time? Turning from something nastier to simply 'weasel' in a few thousand years?

"You fight like a nerf herder!" :lol::devil:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds