Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I

After beating KotOR II, my girlfriend insisted on trying another RPG, while i suggested trying the original Baldur's gate, she wants to play it on the xbox, leaving the only option to Dark Alliance 1. So therefore i ask you, do you have any experience with the game? What's good and not good and so on...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I liked it. It's a good game. However, to call it a role-playing game is not fair to it or anyone. It's action game. Plain, and simple. the combat is fun, the graphics are cool.The story is solid consideirng the type of game it is. The avriety of items and how the three different characters play is neat.

It's only real weakness is its lengths. Not worth a full price; but since it should be cheap now; you might be able to accept the cost now. The game is only about 10 hours or so.

It doesn't have any wekanesses role-playing wise; because it is not a role-playing game.

And, oh, if you play it MP with your wife; the fun should be doubled as the game is even more fun playing with others.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's on console, so...nopls.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I liked it. It's a good game. However, to call it a role-playing game is not fair to it or anyone. It's action game. Plain, and simple. the combat is fun, the graphics are cool.The story is solid consideirng the type of game it is. The avriety of items and how the three different characters play is neat.

It's only real weakness is its lengths. Not worth a full price; but since it should be cheap now; you might be able to accept the cost now. The game is only about 10 hours or so.

It doesn't have any wekanesses role-playing wise; because it is not a role-playing game.

And, oh, if you play it MP with your wife; the fun should be doubled as the game is even more fun playing with others.

It's only for 19

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ditto. I loaned it from a friend, but I didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The ending is what really hurt me. At the end it felt like you should only be through with half the game

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

"The ending is what really hurt me, it seemed half like half a game at the end"

You mean the 'to be continued' aspect of it due to the SPOILER ALERT?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

After beating KotOR II, my girlfriend insisted on trying another RPG, while i suggested trying the original Baldur's gate, she wants to play it on the xbox, leaving the only option to Dark Alliance 1. So therefore i ask you, do you have any experience with the game? What's good and not good and so on...

You can always try Sudeki. More RPGish than DA very colourful too.

GC and PS2 has the best RPGs though so if it's an RPG craze (like a shoe craze) then you will probably end up buying one of those two.

Quick list of Xbox "RPGS"

1. Third Age well worth a look , nice story , but relies too much on movie clip voiceovers.

2. Sudeki - see above.

3. Crimson Sea actiony but good.

4. Arx Fatalis (never played it on the Xbox).

5. Metal Dungeon (one of the first practically give away price now).

6. Shenmue II sort of an RPG/Beatumup/puzzle game fun but a bit difficult to get into unless your into beatumups.

7. Morrowind. Large empty and really not my type of game. Some people love the openess of it though.

I'd recomend Sudeki and Third Age.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

1. Third Age well worth a look , nice story , but relies too much on movie clip voiceovers.

2. Sudeki - see above.

3. Crimson Sea actiony but good.

4. Arx Fatalis (never played it on the Xbox).

5. Metal Dungeon (one of the first practically give away price now).

6. Shenmue II sort of an RPG/Beatumup/puzzle game fun but a bit difficult to get into unless your into beatumups.

7. Morrowind. Large empty and really not my type of game. Some people love the openess of it though.

I'd recomend Sudeki and Third Age.

I played BGDA 1 & 2 with my brother, and it wasn't very good. I gave up halfway and just settled for watching my brother pummel everything that dared cross his path. The graphics were ok, but nothing really to scream about. The gameplay itself was what got me turned off to it, and I felt the same with Champions of Norrath, and am not really looking forward to Champions: Return to Arms.

I'd rate Third Age as interminably boring, to be honest. The in-game cutscenes, culled from the movies, were the only high-points. What really pissed me off enormously was the repetitive combat -- almost one battle per minute in a large part of the second half of the game. It was truly, truly uninspiring.

Sudeki was fine, but I can't comment on it much, since I spent more time watching my brother play.

Arx Fatalis for XBOX was a horror to control, most probably because I was so used to utilizing the mouse for first-person mouselooks and movement, so the controls became, for me, pretty cumbersome. I might get it for the PC, so...

I had the same problem with Morrowind, but it's probably my own prejudices against the console for these sorts of games.

Crimson Sea was pretty interesting. I might be picking up Crimson Sea II.

It's only for 19

manthing2.jpg