Why the hell I must be wimpy to get LSP?

this thread is to funny LMAO. master vrook was an old pumpes ass. atris started leaning to DS, kavar reminds me of an old mountain koot, the that young jedi was the exiles master the plot of kotor 2 reminded me how therwally confused the jedi order was as they intualectualized to one another in there counsel chambers, ofcourse the sith arnt much better bashing one anothers heads in to gain supermecy.

be nuetrul and suffer the penalties of not having jedi/sith class DS LS attributes

HAHA

not, its extremly ez to redeeme ones self in kotor!!!

:-D

So let me see if I can summarize this guy's thread:

He's complaining that he has to be "wimpy" to get LSP, however when people comment that being "nice" is part of the Jedi code (ie. needed to get LSP) he argues that "the Jedi exiled him". I see. So you basically want to be a bad ass and kill everything, but you want to get rewarded with LSP for it?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't know if this one has been addressed, but:

Why your hero (which has a galaxy to save after all)
The Exile's motivation is not saving the galaxy. It is survival, redemption, reclaiming his lost connection to the Force, finding answers to his uniqueness. Not to mention that most of the things he does, he does because he has no other choice.

So let me see if I can summarize this guy's thread:

He's complaining that he has to be "wimpy" to get LSP, however when people comment that being "nice" is part of the Jedi code (ie. needed to get LSP) he argues that "the Jedi exiled him".  I see.  So you basically want to be a bad ass and kill everything, but you want to get rewarded with LSP for it?

That would be lame.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hah, a LS character gets aproximately(even more) baddies to kill.

Mock, my whiny LS persona, will you, Sith dog! Die, scum! Your demise is going to be reward enough!

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I have to say im with Handel on this one. I too hate how i have to be a lame-ass goodie-goodie to get LSP. If someone threatens to kill me, would it be against the jedi code to use *force confusion* on him and walk away--> most likely we both live and everyone lives happily ever after. But no, i have an option to say: "i dont want to fight you, hate leads to the dark side, please have a smile." Then he attacks me and i end up killing him. What`s the point??

I dont think there`s nothing wrong with being LS and at the same time not taking crap...just be shrewd about it :cool:

BTW...my favourite character is Jolee! :ph34r:

I have to say im with Handel on this one. I too hate how i have to be a lame-ass goodie-goodie to get LSP. If someone threatens to kill me, would it be against the jedi code to use *force confusion* on him and walk away--> most likely we both live and everyone lives happily ever after. But no, i have an option to say: "i dont want to fight you, hate leads to the dark side, please have a smile." Then he attacks me and i end up killing him. What`s the point??

Yes, but in using force confusion and then running away aren't you basically saying "I don't want to fight you" anyway? You may not be using a dialogue option in doing so, but that is where the limitations of the game system are brought in. It can't take into account you actions after the dialogue is finished when awarding dark side or light side points.

I agree with Master Dahvernas said. Obsidian is mixing Star Wars with reality is a bad combination.

Ever notice with Zez-Kai Ell? When on Nar Shaddaa he said he agreed what I did before my Exile, and on Dantoonie he just all of a sudden turns against me? I don't really get that at all.

Ever notice with Zez-Kai Ell? When on Nar Shaddaa he said he agreed what I did before my Exile, and on Dantoonie he just all of a sudden turns against me? I don't really get that at all.

Kavar was like that too. But I have a three word explanation: Vrook- Force Persuade. :huh:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I agree with Master Dahvernas said. Obsidian is mixing Star Wars with reality is a bad combination.

Yes, boy was that ever so annoying? The former jedi council are nothing but a bunch of out aged hypocrites...Vrook was just an a** LOL :rolleyes:

Vrook deserved to be chopped up by my lightsaber.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Someone is confusing wimpy with humble and self sacrifice.

I don't see the word "humble" in the Jedi code, neither I see "self-sacrifice".

Actually I see "Thereis no emotion" and "There is no passion"

I am one to believe that (assuming this were all real) the jedi code is far from infallible. There very well may be a more rightous set of precepts.

So being humble and self-sacrificial might go against the jedi code sometimes (for example, loving people. Yeah yeah, if you love then you are that much more prone to get angry, but only anakin is that shallow. c'mon people, if you are truly a loving person you won't let your anger consume you, driving you to commit acts of evil)

In K1 Jolee said something along the lines of,"love shouldn't be separated from the light side, indeed, it should be at the very center of it"... or maybe i dreamt that...

Anyway, in being humble and self-sacrificial, one doesn't recieve the temporary rewards that this life has to offer. And you might say,"yeah but if i want to help more people and stuff then i need the resources, so taking rewards should still give me LSP). I say, "no", because you really don't need those rewards, just get a job and work hard to make the extra money so you can go to other planets and help people. (if you are a jedi, doing menial tasks with force powers would be easy). And by not taking the rewards, you are making your job that much more rightous, because you are having to do even more to help people.

o yeah, and handel, you said something about deserving rewards. haha, that makes me laugh. we don't deserve anything but death because that's the penalty for our sin. and everyone has sinned. so there ya go.

p.s. i don't like how Kreia says that helping people makes them weaker. if anything, it offers them hope. people should depend on eachother, and by offering their assistance where it is needed, the people would be complementing eachother's gifts by using all their resources. Much stronger than one self-preserved, self-relying person.

One thing people usually mix when catogorizing the sides of the force, is the fact that they don't represent good and evil. Rather, the good old order and chaos. Jedi code isn't chivalry, but rather bushido or even buddhist ethos of not embracing a cause. DS on the other hand could be compared to laveyian satanism; which underlines taking what is righfully yours and letting your passions rule.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

One thing people usually mix when catogorizing the sides of the force, is the fact that they don't represent good and evil. Rather, the good old order and chaos. Jedi code isn't chivalry, but rather bushido or even buddhist ethos of not embracing a cause. DS on the other hand could be compared to laveyian satanism; which underlines taking what is righfully yours and letting your passions rule.

I agree for the most part: the jedi don't decide they need to be team america for the galaxy or anything, but they are still involved in the immediate community around them, like on dantooine.

They are usually pacifist (unless there is a major darkside threat, they usually don't commit to any big wars), and they are also trusted as impartial intercessors between negotiating parties.

So if there were to be a perfect working government, and i was the ruler, and i never made mistakes, then i would do the right thing all the time.

but thats not possible because of man's debase nature, so the jedi being more pacifist makes sense because it is more of a cautionary thing so that they don't become world police. So they obviously can't do the most right thing all the time because that is too indistiguishable a judgment for a government or order (like the jedi) to make and still stay intact/effective.

In fact, the jedi code is for me a mix between jesus and buddha.

The search of humanity through reason, reflection more than impulsive response.

On the other hand, the sith code is less idealistic but more pragmatic : it's linked with the hegelian point of view of the master/slave duality. It reflects the order of nature : the powerful over the less powerful one.

Of course, both attitudes seem extrem as a philosophy of life, that's why Jolee Bindoe in Kotor and Kreya in Kotor 2 seem to be the most living or intelligent character.

Basically, the Sith and Jedi both have it wrong. You don't acheive balance by becoming an emotionless drone, or by becoming a slave to your passions. You get it by being BALANCED, not an extreme, a gray. That's why Jolee and Kreia had the right idea.

but Kreia is arguably not grey at all. she poses as grey to decieve everybody, but she actually is just driven by emotion, anger to kill the force. after all, she is the master of betrayal or whatever.

throughout the game she manipulates others like how she makes atton look after the exile, and she revives hanhaar to kill mira... sick lady if you ask me... not only sick in the mind but also downright nasty physically. her ugliness alone earns her +65 DS points automatically.

Edited by Blank

In response to the topic, you can get LS points for saying: [intimidate]Stop pressing the refugees or i'll be forced to kill you or something to Saquesh. Yes, you can kill someone for LS points.

About Vrook later on: IMO it would have been great if you could kill Vrook and let Zez Kai Ell and Kavar survive, and they wouldn't turn against you.

But no, they are not the best Jedi and just say they know everything and they try to kill you.

That said, I am not the best fan of Kavar since if he were a true Jedi he should have tried to persuade you to team up with him to kill Vaklu (if you sided with Vaklu that is). In stead, he only wanted to do battle with you which he should have known he could not win.

Master Vandar lives!

Maybe it's also good to discuss what strategy is better in the end. What would Revan have done, would he/she take up the Exile's role in Kotor II.

According to Kreia, the 2nd Sith war that is to come in probably Kotor III (Yes, I do believe it will be made. Possibly they have allready started working on it, who knows) will be a war between the true Sith empire and the Jedi.

Because the jedi order we know will not go to war, it is important that the Jedi, either dark or light will (notice the difference between Dark Jedi and Sith) have to fight against the Sith. The true Sith that we haven't seen yet.

Now, if we need to build a strong resistance on Telos, Onderon, Dxun, and Dantooine we need to choose:

Telos:

Czerka, ment to be the DS path allthough you could even gain more DS points by working for the Ithorians. Yes, it's true.

Czerka will not spent lots of Republic credits and can defend itself pretty well. Probably it's better for Telos to have Czerka defend the surface and Citadel station.

If there is a war to come, it will seriously cripple a Sith strike force before taken over. Czerka will probably not be able to defend itself against these true sith forever but better them for the moment than the Ithorians which will make Telos very vulnerable.

Onderon:

I would say Vaklu is the better choice. Canderous advice in this is good for he knows war. And the people of Onderon clearly wishes Vaklu to make there world independent.

Dantooine:

Here, I think Zherron / Adare and the Militia are the better choice. After the mercenaries are all wiped out, together with ruthless Azkul it can be build up by the republic again as Kreia tells you in the end. And defeating the mercenaries and there larger army makes the Militia a lot stronger.

Those mercenaries are a bunch of scum with whom you don't want to work. They only care about getting paid.

O and Nar Shaddaa:

Just wipe out those Exchange thugs, Serroccos as well. You don't want to work with all those criminals.

That makes you maybe a bit neutral. Siding with Czerka and Vaklu, but also with the refugees and the Militia.

Do note however that there are a lot of ways to get LS points while siding with DS parties and vice versa.

About the exile him/herself. I think the DS path is better, note how many bonusses you can achieve while taking the Dark path:

Hanharr: More strenght and possibly more wisdom / constitution bonusses

HK-47: More wisdom and constitution bonusses I believe.

Kreia: you will achieve some bonusses but you will also get these while LS.

While with LS, you only achieve some bonusses from Kreia, T3-M4 and willsave from atton. Nothing to achieve from Mira, Bao Dur some bonusses from Handmaiden / Disciple but I think they are far less then the DS path.

Most powerful build IMO: Consular / Sith Marauder. Fury and all the extra feats, lots of damage with a fully upgraded personal crystal due to massive criticals.

Maybe someone have found a website with all the bonusses you get from who.

Master Vandar lives!